Author Topic: [OFFICIAL] Community Petition to Nerf Horse Crossbowmen  (Read 6383 times)

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
Re: [OFFICIAL] Community Petition to Nerf Horse Crossbowmen
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2012, 08:14:16 pm »
There was a thread about couching with people stating it and seeing it myself with a character that only used a couching lance using that very same build rustyspoon showed ranking kills after kills with 0 PS.

On my retired cav I tested it myself and I managed to one shot a medium+ armoured player with the jousting lance when I had 2 PS while on a sumpter so I wasn't going very fast since I had 2 riding only.
Was this on duel? Otherwise was the player already injured? Or perhaps low level?

*edit* forgive the derail
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2012, 08:16:15 pm »
On battle server at the start of a round.

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2012, 08:34:34 pm »
So the problem is them delaying? Why is the nerf request specific for HC, while HA pose exactly the same problem? Not much of a nerf anyway, more of a mechanic change.

What the obvious flaw is in the way horse crossbowing and crossbowing in general work in this game, is the complete lack of a strength requirement. They just get strength until they can use the weapon and can pump the rest into agi, creating some very annoying builds, especially for those on horses with a fuckload of riding.

Offline Gricks

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2012, 09:24:24 pm »
+1
Signed.

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2012, 11:19:08 pm »
+1
So the problem is them delaying? Why is the nerf request specific for HC, while HA pose exactly the same problem? Not much of a nerf anyway, more of a mechanic change.

What the obvious flaw is in the way horse crossbowing and crossbowing in general work in this game, is the complete lack of a strength requirement. They just get strength until they can use the weapon and can pump the rest into agi, creating some very annoying builds, especially for those on horses with a fuckload of riding.
I have 18 strength and using a arbalest, even i get pissed when there's a horsecrossbow running me over when im reloading (and their reloading their crossbow too). It's kind of dumb how they can reload their crossbow and yet run people over at the same time and they don't have to start reloading their crossbow over again. Sounds pretty broken.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline _Tak_

• Earl
  • Renown: 459
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Retired Dev of FI2
    • View Profile
    • mod :D
  • Game nicks: LC
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2012, 11:53:04 pm »
On battle server at the start of a round.

Couching counts on speed bonus, it has nothing to do with PS. If your lance damage is 35 then it will x (The amount of speed ur horse charge at him). If you use a courser you can usually 1 hit couched someone even if they are fully plate.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2012, 01:03:30 am »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2012, 01:19:30 am »
+4
I don't see where a HX is much different from a HA, especially if latter is saving ammo and even picking up arrows he finds.

And although I agree that you should always take into concern how balancing a class feels for other classes, you should also balance around the effectivity of a class (surprise, surprise). And this is where I say HX are fine.

I am really against any further nerf of classes, as the game really reached the maximum extend of nerfs possible.

HA's and similar are not really the problem, they are not OP os something like that. The gamemode is the problem. Just make MOTF appear on every map, perhaps this is the right hint for retarded infantry that approaches the end of a round with outnumbering a HX 5:1 and then loses the round by running after the HX (Just think about single player - after starting a new game, how do you use to kill looter parties? Yes. You are not better than those looter bots  :rolleyes: ). Because - as I preach everywhere these days - missing tactical knowledge of infantry is the problem. In fact you can say that the average infantry players is less skilled than the average player of the other classes. Or better: 90% of all players play infantry with less skill than they could. And then everyone complains about bad balance.

Just make the master of the field flag appear ALWAYS at 2:30 and things will be perfectly fine. There is really no need to kill HX's by forcing them to reload in some dark corners or the like.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 01:22:46 am by Joker86 »
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Spa_geh_tea

• Baron
  • Renown: 130
  • Infamy: 114
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bearded Vagrant
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2012, 01:21:26 am »
They ever gonna make battle a strat. With 400 tickets per team and flags at base......

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2012, 01:21:55 am »
Here are my suggestions:
- When they are reloading, they have to reload at a certain speed, if they go too fast, they stop reloading.
- Make master the field show up at 1:30
- Decrease the accuracy
- Needs another crossbow that does medium damage
- When they hit an object/person, they stop reloading.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2012, 01:33:04 am »

If you had read my post entirely, I stated that horse archers suffer from ammunition issues more than HXB due to the fact that they fire more often.

Offline TugBoat

• Earl
  • Renown: 430
  • Infamy: 211
  • cRPG Player
  • TotallyTugBoat on Steam
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOAT CLAN
  • Game nicks: TugBOAT
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2012, 01:34:14 am »

You could explain why you're posting -1 instead of just doing it? There are several things that cause horse xbows to interfere with a good solid well rounded well paced multiplayer gaming experience and all you have to say is "-1" without any reason?

Offline Count_Adhamar

• Knight
  • Renown: 44
  • Infamy: 11
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Srbijan_WorLerd_Caesar
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2012, 01:44:19 am »
+1
+1

I support this motion.

Implement Option 3 & Option 4 !!!!!!!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 02:17:12 am by Count_Adhamar »

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2012, 01:55:05 am »
Love these threads.  Lets nerf a class because 2 players play it effectively!  Honestly, please tell me who these mysterious horse crossbowmen are who are always the last alive and causing games to drag on forever?  Rohypnol is pretty much the only one that does this.  I do this maybe once every 4 or 5 rounds.  Who else?  I rarely, if ever, see any other horse crossbows survive to be the last one on their team alive. 

Lets look at some of the desired changes:

-Lets greatly reduce the accuracy of the HX?  Obviously spoken by someone who has never tried the class.  The only thing more challenging accuracy wise in this game would be HA.  If you suck in the slightest at archery or ground crossbow, you wont break a 1:1 KDR as a HX. 

-How about damage?  It takes 3 shots to kill most people, and when it rains (and it rains frequently) ... damage is gutted by like 50-60%. 

-Don't let them reload unless they are moving super slow!  Yeah... let me fire 1 shot for piddly-dick damage then run and hide so that I can reload without being a massive sitting duck.  That sounds like a plan.

-Reduce horse speed when horse is wounded.  You do know dude, that the horse dies in 2 arrows/bolts.  Sometimes 1 depending on where it is hit.  It is 1 shotted by a long dagger glancing its legs.  I don't think this is a relevant/needed change because arabians die fast enough.

-Don't allow reloads when bumping players.  I can understand that you hate this Lastkaze.  I've done this to you myself haha.  I honestly wouldn't care if this were changed.  It is really only productive to do this to ground xbows.

I strongly urge players who ask for the nerfs to crossbow cav to actually play the class.  Try it for a gen or on a STF alt.  Attempt to even get 10 kills in the duration of a map (Vast majority of people wont).  Every player I know that has done this has had a change of heart about their feelings towards the class.  After trying it, they understand how challenging it actually is. 

If you really want to stop the rounds from taking so long, petition for MOTF to spawn automatically at a certain time... say 2:00 on the clock.  Or based on percentages of players alive.  This would solve your problem of long matches without nerfing a class that 99% of the playerbase sucks/would suck at. 

TL:DR ~ Do not nerf a class because 2 players in the entire community are good with it.

Offline Homey_D_Clown

• Knight
  • Renown: 29
  • Infamy: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2012, 02:14:00 am »
+1
buff arbalest, nerf cav across the board. problem solved.