Author Topic: This Character isn't yours... thanks to Steam  (Read 322 times)

Offline BerzerkraCRPG

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
This Character isn't yours... thanks to Steam
« on: April 11, 2012, 12:46:03 pm »
Well, there were some problems with the keys Steam has given out for a couple of weeks (6x4 digits keys) which was only solved completely yesterday by TaleWorlds. Before that, they had a manual solution for people with faulty CD-Keys. You just had to send them yours and they added it to their registration servers so they would validate.

So I've send them mine yesterday and they solved it. I played the **** out of cRPG yesterday and had a ton of fun.

Sad part is, now that they worked out the problem, together with Steam, everyone was provided with new 4x4 digit keys including me. In other words, they changed my 6x4 key to a 4x4 key now and I can't play my character anymore because of that.

What I want to know is, is there a way to solve this? Or do I have to start anew? Will there be complications with my already existing account if I start anew because every new character will register on the old faulty key? :cry:

Proof: http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,223985.30.html
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 12:47:37 pm by BerzerkraCRPG »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
Re: This Character isn't yours... thanks to Steam
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 12:52:00 pm »
PM me from both your forum accounts and tell me in those PMs which chars you want moved to the new key.

Offline Berzerkra_cRPG

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: This Character isn't yours... thanks to Steam
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 01:25:34 pm »
Thank you very much Meow  :D