Author Topic: Napoleonic Wars Dev Q&A! [VIDEO]  (Read 934 times)

Offline RipperX

• It is him
  • Earl
  • Renown: 457
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Team Diaperberry
    • View Profile
    • The Official YouTube Channel of Ripper X
Napoleonic Wars Dev Q&A! [VIDEO]
« on: April 11, 2012, 08:15:44 am »
I have the pleasure of hanging out with Vince and Yaz in the new upcoming DLC Napoleonic Wars! The DLC is amazing and will be coming out this Spring. I plan on doing a proper Q&A with Vince, so if you guys have any questions, please put them in the comments of the video and I will send them directly to Vince for a future Q&A vid!

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAZ1op36fWc

Best,
Ripper X

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
Re: Napoleonic Wars Dev Q&A! [VIDEO]
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 08:43:05 am »
My question.

Did the greed inside you was so big, that it made you kill the mod and instead change it to "pay for downloadable content"?

Or maybe.. next question.

You noticed that the mod is popular (af far as it can be called like that) and you thought, why not force them to pay for it?
« Last Edit: April 11, 2012, 08:44:25 am by Materia »
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline RipperX

• It is him
  • Earl
  • Renown: 457
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Team Diaperberry
    • View Profile
    • The Official YouTube Channel of Ripper X
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2012, 03:31:15 am »
My question.

Did the greed inside you was so big, that it made you kill the mod and instead change it to "pay for downloadable content"?

Or maybe.. next question.

You noticed that the mod is popular (af far as it can be called like that) and you thought, why not force them to pay for it?

First off, if anything Vince and the dev team deserve any and all revenue from this, and I wouldn't call it a mod, I would call it a polished DLC with a ton of new content.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2012, 08:45:39 am »
As much as I like the MM mod and this new DLC, Vince is a cheater.  :lol:

Offline Apsod

• Duke
  • Renown: 698
  • Infamy: 98
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Donate a few denari to the farmers of Calradia!
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Apsod
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2012, 10:44:03 pm »
Guys, give Vince a break.

I had a talk with him like 1-2 weeks ago. I wasn`t supposed to say this, but Vince gets only a tiny bit of the money earned on this game, most goes to steam and paradox and what is left mostly goes to Taleworlds, then a little bit goes to Vince, most of that he spends on voice acting, music, sounds, ect...

Also it is almost like a full time job for him now but with shitty payment. He has to be active on forums, steam, answer email and talk to interviewers.

Oh and if you think that is no big deal then let me tell you the numbers, I might be remembering wrong but he had answered 500 mails, been interviewed 3 times, he got 50+ new friend request on steam and was constantly spammed on steam by guys like me. All this at the same time as he has to finish the game for the release date. Oh and btw, this was all in 3 days.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2012, 10:56:09 pm »
Jeez MM had a shit ton of work put into it. I don't care if they make a DLC version. Hell I congratulate them on getting that recognised that it was made into a DLC. I will gladly spend my money on it and support them.

Offline Leesin

• King
  • Renown: 1009
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Leesin
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2012, 07:21:54 pm »
Well, I don't care how much he gets from the DLC, I will still buy it and play it, I enjoyed MM so I will happily pay for a better version.

Offline Oberyn

• King
  • Renown: 1578
  • Infamy: 538
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lone Frog
  • Game nicks: Oberyn
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2012, 10:16:46 pm »
I will buy it, it's not like it's gonna be 50-60 euros, and I'll quite probably get much more playtime out of it than most of those hyperpolished commitee designed games. But yes, Vince will never escape the perception of a dirty cheater in my eyes XD. I never tried to paint all of 22nd with that same brush only because of one man's actions though, but it's part of cRPG "history".

edit: went digging with the Wayback machine for lolz (takes a couple of seconds to load): http://web.archive.org/web/20100606182001/http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,117511.0.html
« Last Edit: April 13, 2012, 11:18:52 pm by Oberyn »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ozin

• Duke
  • Renown: 584
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Mappers Guild
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • IRC nick: Ozin
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2012, 12:44:18 am »
Haha! I had totally forgotten about that. Of course, it should be even easier for him to cheat when it's his own mod, assuming he has access to the servers ^^
But, I respect the hard work that has been put into the mod, so I'll most likely buy it :)