Author Topic: I'm unsure of what to do next.. Input?  (Read 908 times)

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
I'm unsure of what to do next.. Input?
« on: March 14, 2011, 02:48:46 am »
Now, I know that there are a lot of builds, ranging from dedicated power archer to speedy polearmsman, to tanky 2 handed Knighter, but I've narrowed it down to 2 choices. I'd like to either play a Shielder or an Archer next gen.

So far, I've played a 24/15 pure polearms with whacked skills because it was my first "Serious" character, and I didn't do too badly.

I then went on to play a pure polearms again second gen, going 15/24 (5 PS, 8 Ath, 8 Wm, 2 shield). I mostly neglected using a shield because it made me slow as hell, and I didn't like having only 1 attack option. I also liked the fact that I could speed around the map and flow in and out of melee range.

I then decided to roll a thrower, just to see what was so gay about it. 21/15 (7 PS, 7 PT, 6WM, 5 Ath). Lo and behold, it was a bitch, up until I hit 30, then it was just funny, but I wouldn't say over powered (except the throwing lances).

I am now on Gen4 and I had decided to do a Cavalry that was also efficient on foot, due to the high chance of my horses death. 15/21 (5 PS, 7 Riding, 7 Athletics, 7 WM, 3 shield). Now, atm, this character is lvl 28, so I'm not quite finished, but so far, it's been the easiest,yet least enjoyable class I've played, and I can't wait to be done with it.

That leads to what I'll do for Gen5. The 2 builds I currently have lined up are as follows

Archer:
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

* Strength: 21
    * Agility: 18
    * Hit points: 56

* Converted: 8
    * Ironflesh: 0
    * Power Strike: 7
    * Shield: 0
    * Athletics: 3
    * Riding: 0
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 7
    * Power Throw: 0
    * Weapon Master: 6

* One Handed: 1
    * Two Handed: 1
    * Polearm: 66
    * Archery: 148
    * Crossbow: 1
    * Throwing: 1

With This build, I'll be able to have a pretty decent WPF in archery while still being able to use the War bow (or any other bow I feel like using).

The second build is as follows.

Sword and Board:
Level 30 (4 420 577 xp)

* Strength: 15
    * Agility: 21
    * Hit points: 56

* Converted: 2
    * Ironflesh: 3
    * Power Strike: 5
    * Shield: 7
    * Athletics: 7
    * Riding: 0
    * Horse Archery: 0
    * Power Draw: 0
    * Power Throw: 0
    * Weapon Master: 7

* One Handed: 146
    * Two Handed: 1
    * Polearm: 1
    * Archery: 1
    * Crossbow: 100
    * Throwing: 1
Now, I had attempted to roll a shielder before, and I made it to lvl 10 before I deemed it excruciatingly boring. However, I think that may have been due to the fact that I was so used to Manual blocking and zipping around with the warspear, which meant I was used to the range and speed of it. Now that I've veered away (Slightly) from my normal play style for these past 2 gens, I might be more inclined to give it more of a chance.

I'd like your guys' input on Both of these builds, suggestions of what to change stat/skill wise, what Items would be good for starters, etc.. As a side note, if I go S&B next gen, I'm most likely going to Heirloom a Side Sword (Because those things are ridiculous), whereas if I go Archer, I have no idea what I'll end up looming. Suggestions for that situation is appreciated too.

Thanks for all the help guys.

-ZyloRage22

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
Re: I'm unsure of what to do next.. Input?
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2011, 05:42:02 am »
If you're good as an archer, I say go for it. I'd join ya, but I stink at it. :)

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2011, 05:55:13 am »
side katana is bad form good sir, bad form.

Get something that makes you more of an individual
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline Kryser

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Teutonic
  • Game nicks: TwoTon_Feuer
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2011, 07:06:22 am »
S&B sounds good, and their the best team players in Strategus because of their survivability.
Again, it was good fun playing with you guys. Kryser is one of the funniest motherfuckers I ever met btw. Cheesy Biscuits.

Offline Sphinxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: _Sphinx_
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2011, 07:43:53 am »
I say go Black Armor / Tincan with a Sickle .. you'd be unique !

Offline Zekerage

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 9
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: ZyloRage
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 09:01:52 am »
Poor taste, possibly, shovel, but Obviously effective :P. As for Black Armor and sickle... how's that fun?!?! Unless i did like.. 30-9 with 10 IF and 10 PS and i walk around lawling. We'll see.. I still have a while for retirement.

Offline Dioxete

• Peasant
  • Renown: 7
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Den Bitre
  • Game nicks: Date
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2011, 01:15:55 pm »
you can put less than 148 in archery and a little more in polearms, for the archer build, it's accurate anyway with the bow you want to use.