Author Topic: Counter for teammate bumps  (Read 1584 times)

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
Re: Counter for teammate bumps
« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2012, 02:25:09 pm »
Implement a seperate teamhit counter for horsebumps, perhaps 5 like normal teamhits counters. Unlike the teamhit counter with the victim having to press "M" this counter triggers automatically. This is for cases where you knock someone to the ground (not just bump-stun) without wounding him. If you wound him the old system triggers, and the victim can press M.

Although the suggestion in this topic is bad, I do see a problem with careless and ignorant cavalry. And he is right, in many cases when I get knocked over I don't receive any damage, so I can't press M. Sometimes I am lying around on my back more than Lindsay Lohan, due to so called "friendly" cav, but I can't do anything against it, as it doesn't make any damage. But the enemy players jumping on me and stabbing my face do.  :|
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2012, 02:27:31 pm »
+1
It doesnt make sense for you because you want further bump your team mates. I only want from developers and admins know what they think about friendly bumps from 20-30 players on eu1, point, end of discussion with only cavarly clan member... Btw I reported your insults from 1st side, come back later, maybe I will then insult you back.

I don't want to bump my team mates. But sometimes it happens by accident. Often it is the fault of the inf as much as it is mine. It works both ways. Perhaps if footmen see friendly cav coming they should step back and let the cav try for it as they can get the kill more easily. It's about teamplay. But that rarely happens as both parties are eager for the kill. Sometimes on some maps cav can turn a corner at full speed and there happen to be a lot of friendlys there and it's impossible to stop, turn and avoid them in time. There are any number of situations where it happens by accident. It's the nature of battle. If I bump someone and it gets them killed I tend to say sorry in chat. Nothing more is needed.

O dear you reported me  :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 02:29:51 pm by Overdriven »

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2012, 02:52:25 pm »
Sometimes on some maps cav can turn a corner at full speed and there happen to be a lot of friendlys there and it's impossible to stop, turn and avoid them in time. There are any number of situations where it happens by accident.

This reminds me of another possible solution, that might help a bit.

In another mod (1257ad) the cheering after battle was assigned to "T", and your character performed the corresponding animation.

How about to enable the ctrl+k move to be layed on another key? This way, if you don't have enemy cav sticking to your ass, you can quickly rear your horse and prevent a lot of bumps. Especially with the magical WSE this should be possible.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2484
  • Infamy: 1705
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2012, 03:07:25 pm »
When I'm fighting someone and see friendly cav coming to help me (actually to killsteal) I back off, take a good look at him to see if I know him. If not I just leave my prey and go the other way. Pretty much goes for every noob teammate out there but I fear cav the most because one friendly bump means I'm dead.

I do have 1Hcav alt and I must say it's pretty hard to bump teammates with 6 riding and destrier. You have to be complete moron to do it all the time. I can ride through teammates without scratching anyone. Bumping teammates is the same thing as spamming wildly trying to kill an enemy while you're surrounded by 5 or more friendlies. It works but makes you look like a major douchebag.

I'm still for auto reporting and 3 teamhits = 1 hour ban.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1238
  • Infamy: 1090
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2012, 03:10:28 pm »
I don't want to bump my team mates. But sometimes it happens by accident. Often it is the fault of the inf as much as it is mine. It works both ways. Perhaps if footmen see friendly cav coming they should step back and let the cav try for it as they can get the kill more easily. It's about teamplay.

I like that but the thing is cav often comes from behind so I can't see him on time. It's either me slashing his horse unintentionally or him bumping me getting me killed. You shouldn't charge when friendly warrior isn't aware of your presence.

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2012, 04:51:25 pm »
+1
I'm still for auto reporting and 3 teamhits = 1 hour ban.
please no

Offline Spanish

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 2h Cav Star of the year award winner.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The official Drama Llama of Knights_Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Spaniard, BowPersona, Span
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2012, 06:21:58 pm »
+2
I agree that this is one of the lamest things Ive read but their isn't any reason to overly insult him about it guys. And bumping friendlies intentionally is a bannable offense just like slashing others. Making it seem as if cavalry doesnt get banned for that is really lame. Idk how many times badplayer or someother LLJK cab has been banned for it while on their armored horsies

Okay first off a lot of the time team bumps are not even our fault as a lot, and I mean a lot of people like to throw themselves in front of me. And going full speed on my champion Arabian if I hit people it's usually a garunteed M report coming. The only people I can't hurt with bumps are the highest of tin cans. And honestly I avoid my team mates all of them are paranoid and slash at any body riding nearby it really isnt worth coming to aid team mates who are going to slay my fragile horse because they dont see my bright red banner.

Heres a tip keep your head up a check both ways when crossing open spaces and when your fighting an enemy and a cav is coming to a help you, Don't orbit the enemy! remember he is a team mate and can help so let him and give him some space like you would for another footman. And some cav are better than others make note of them just like I don't fight next to those crazy people who flail around like they're on fire.
My horse is named pebbles and we like to try.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2012, 06:41:53 pm »
+1
I feel like horsemen should stay away from melee.
If you ride your horse in a group of fighting friendly and bump them because YOU want that kill so hard. Then its imo griefing.
It’s like drive a car with 200 km/h in streets full of people and say I don’t want kill them I just want drive fast.
Of course you can hit M but the problem is not always about team kill, stun and knockdown by a bump of friendly let enemies kill you.
The team mates often just ride direct into your direction and you think its maybe enemy so you are forced to look around every time you hear a horse if you don’t check this the enemies will kill you.

Why not let infantry protect themselves?
When friendly horseman would fear to get dismounted after he bumped a friendly he would make sure to stay away.
If you kill a friendly horse at spawn you should get punished.
If you kill a friendly horse in the field then nothing should happen, at least no punish from admins.

What do you think?

Right in middle age warfare I can't see why the cavalry would ever engage enemy infantry, especially if they are already distracted fighting my friendly infantry.

How fucking dumb are people...

It's not "griefing" or kill stealing.  it's called tactics and teamwork.  Welcome to c-rpg, simulated medieval combat.  Enjoy your stay.

*EDIT*  Just to clarify from a lance cavalry point of view, I'm pretty damn good at bumping an enemy who is engaged with my friendly infantry, and then our infantry has an easy kill.  Even the best cavalryman who have the best control over their horse will still bump a friendly from time to time, it happens.  You can't always control what direction someone moves in, and you don't always have time to react.  It's just like getting team hit or shot by a friendly archer, it's going to happen, if you notice someone is terrible at cavalry or terrible at shooting arrows, say something, but don't blame every single person that plays cavalry or is an archer.

*EDIT #2*

And just a historical reference, lots of times when a horse was hit by an arrow it would ride around uncontrollably and sometimes run through friendly lines of infantry without the rider being able to control it.  Shit happens in warfare, but if someone is just terrible at riding their horse, call them out on it, don't blame every single horseman.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2012, 06:56:56 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy