Poll

Hmmm? Did the whiners like what they got from the new mod?

Mods full of shit and needs a revamp!
32 (16.1%)
I like the mod
120 (60.3%)
Blame the Whinners for destroying the Knights
10 (5%)
Beg chadz for taking back the old crpg
20 (10.1%)
Or just blame the whiners? Woot!
17 (8.5%)

Total Members Voted: 198

Author Topic: Who thinks the New Crpg mod here sucks..Ooohhh I do!  (Read 8850 times)

Offline Templar_MarthenI

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Who thinks the New Crpg mod here sucks..Ooohhh I do!
« on: March 13, 2011, 05:25:04 pm »
I played this mod for like 7 months until this new shitty mod came to dust chadz needs a better system because you do know that the whinners just basically ruined crpg and now everyone is crying about it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Who thinks the New Crpg mod here sucks..Ooohhh I do!
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2011, 05:26:39 pm »
I played this mod for like 7 months until this new shitty mod came to dust chadz needs a better system because you do know that the whinners just basically ruined crpg and now everyone is crying about it.

Whiners? They may have a lot of whine to them but the input is largely ignored.
I usually just ignore chat, and I find the game more enjoyable.

May I ask what exactly you find "sucky" about the cRPG mod?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Templar_MarthenI

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2011, 05:28:00 pm »
Whiners? They may have a lot of whine to them but the input is largely ignored.
I usually just ignore chat, and I find the game more enjoyable.

May I ask what exactly you find "sucky" about the cRPG mod?

Well obviously because you never see any Knights any more of course so everyone is just a baby little peasant and can actually kill people with hardly any skill

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2011, 05:37:57 pm »
This should be in spam section of the forum.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Templar_MarthenI

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2011, 05:39:04 pm »
I will also like to point out that crpg doesnt need any more effort cause you can get a charger horse within a couple hours because it was really easy lol

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2011, 05:42:09 pm »
Well obviously because you never see any Knights any more of course so everyone is just a baby little peasant and can actually kill people with hardly any skill

Yesterday I saw a bunch of people in plate and sugarloaf helms clean house, I do believe it was acre in EU2 at around ... 2200 GMT?

Also, have you met goretooth? He can get rather cuddly with his black plate every single round. How about Nindur, and his cataphract horse and milanese plate and winged helm etc, performing as a fantastic heavy cav? Granted, I do not play the Australian servers, and rarely any of the others (I thik I once stepped into a Russian server for a friend), but as far as EU and NA goes, we have a lot of knights.

I personally like that the knights are not half or even a third of the enemy team, as not only does that make it more diverse, but it also makes them more special.

Is this stemming from frustration that you personally are unable to replicate a knight build?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Templar_MarthenI

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2011, 05:45:01 pm »
Yesterday I saw a bunch of people in plate and sugarloaf helms clean house, I do believe it was acre in EU2 at around ... 2200 GMT?

Also, have you met goretooth? He can get rather cuddly with his black plate every single round. How about Nindur, and his cataphract horse and milanese plate and winged helm etc, performing as a fantastic heavy cav? Granted, I do not play the Australian servers, and rarely any of the others (I thik I once stepped into a Russian server for a friend), but as far as EU and NA goes, we have a lot of knights.

I personally like that the knights are not half or even a third of the enemy team, as not only does that make it more diverse, but it also makes them more special.

Is this stemming from frustration that you personally are unable to replicate a knight build?
It's not frustration, it's a fact about how the old crpg was better cause you actually had to work the items you receive and than you get gratitude and honor for all your hard work to appreciate and be affective in crpg

Offline Dravic

• Knight
  • Renown: 78
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Not playing
  • Game nicks: Not playing
  • IRC nick: Most likely Dravic
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2011, 05:46:37 pm »
Get a charger and see for how long will you be able to play with it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2011, 05:47:01 pm »
I will also like to point out that crpg doesnt need any more effort cause you can get a charger horse within a couple hours because it was really easy lol

A charger horse in a couple of hours? Only if you are a naked peasant, and do not want any weapons and want to have NO reserve for repairs.

Play the game before you start complaining, I am starting to suspect that you are raging because you are unable to make a dream build instantly. First you say you never see any knights, and now you are saying that it is really easy? Really? First it is too hard to get stuff and now it is too easy? Make up your mind, and pay attention to upkeep. Learn the 35K rule, and how to play with the higher multipliers and adjust accordingly.

It's not frustration, it's a fact about how the old crpg was better cause you actually had to work the items you receive and than you get gratitude and honor for all your hard work to appreciate and be affective in crpg
Oh right, back when people could retire much more easily and heirlooms were a dime a dozen and we saw a massive spam of items?

How can it be harder to work for items if there was a massive spam of plated chargers with fully decked out knights riding them?

With the new upkeep system, it is harder to make such builds, and thus rewards hard work more...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:48:04 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »

Offline Templar_MarthenI

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2011, 05:49:28 pm »
A charger horse in a couple of hours? Only if you are a naked peasant, and do not want any weapons and want to have NO reserve for repairs.

Play the game before you start complaining, I am starting to suspect that you are raging because you are unable to make a dream build instantly. First you say you never see any knights, and now you are saying that it is really easy? Really? First it is too hard to get stuff and now it is too easy? Make up your mind, and pay attention to upkeep. Learn the 35K rule, and how to play with the higher multipliers and adjust accordingly.
Oh right, back when people could retire much more easily and heirlooms were a dime a dozen and we saw a massive spam of items?

How can it be harder to work for items if there was a massive spam of plated chargers with fully decked out nights riding them?

With the new upkeep system, it is harder to make such builds, and thus rewards hard work more...
I'm guessing you were one of the peasants that struggled thats the whole point of the system that you were actually doing something wrong and from my side of playing the old crpg there was rarely you get to see a plated charger on the servers and havent you recognized that the new archer animation is an orc archer from Lord of the Rings its hilarious and shit at the same time

Offline Baggy

• Count
  • Renown: 199
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player
  • Sup brah
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Baggy _Potato Blight_ Famine Emigration
  • IRC nick: Baggy
« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2011, 05:50:16 pm »
QQ
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2011, 05:53:41 pm »
Well, on some parts he is right, but on most parts, he's absolutely wrong.

There are still knights. lots of them. Most of them are in disguises, but there are a lot of armoured guys out there. You can still see heavy horses, just not 20 of them every damned round.

I have to agree on that it got a bit worse, with these buffs, nerfs, and balances, new EZ-mode and OP builds are viable, especially hybrid melee mixed with ranged crap. But still, posting this won't lead you anywhere, it won't solve the problem. Look, there are a lot of complaints about throwing, etc. The problems are recognized, just wait.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:55:27 pm by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Blondin

• Baron
  • Renown: 121
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • aka Blondie
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Blondin, Tuco, Sentenza
  • IRC nick: Blondin
« Reply #12 on: March 13, 2011, 05:56:03 pm »
Pathetic...

Offline Templar_MarthenI

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 13, 2011, 05:59:56 pm »

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 13, 2011, 06:09:22 pm »
BS about not being able to play in the high price gear this just a fail thread

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning