Author Topic: Buff Archer damage  (Read 7613 times)

Offline Mech

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Buff Archer damage
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 08:45:08 pm »
Damage is perfect. Only problem is arrow speed. Right now arrows travel so slow you should be able to chamber them. Feels like I'm shooting beach balls. You can shoot arrows and your team mates can step into them at close range. At further range you can hit people reliably and it takes skill needing to lead your target but at short range its ridiculous. I'd be perfectly ok with a larger reticule to compensate for speed.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 08:47:06 pm »
yes thats what we need and add piercing dmg to them again while youre at it.

heres a tip: Go grab a weapon and fight, make a world a better place

cheers
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 11:00:17 pm »
Archers not only need a bit of a damage buff since it was changed to cut and not pierce but they need their WPF to go 20% further imo.  Archers unless on a horse are pretty crappy these days.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 11:08:25 pm »
Archers not only need a bit of a damage buff since it was changed to cut and not pierce but they need their WPF to go 20% further imo.  Archers unless on a horse are pretty crappy these days.

Harmless, havoc,immt,selka,raina and many many more seem to do quite well with them. If the player knows how to make a good archer build, they can still tear. Doesn't powerdraw also up their accuracy?
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Gravoth_iii

• King
  • Renown: 1454
  • Infamy: 341
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
  • \ [†] / ☼
    • View Profile
  • Faction: ▬▬ι═══════ﺤ
  • Game nicks: Byzantium_Gravoth, Prince_of_the_Land_of_Stench, Gravy, Igor_Boltsack
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 11:11:13 pm »
The longbow needs a buff, nothing else in archery needs buffs or nerfs imo.
Paprika: ...the Internet and dreams are similar. They're areas where the repressed conscious mind escapes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VXQSs1Qfcc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8LW6y-kgKtA

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 11:15:51 pm »
Doesn't powerdraw also up their accuracy?

Does it really I remember when it reduced your accuracy?  I know Power THROW gives accuracy but I also know we got 10 power draw builds from some of the ATS guys builds and they say they can't hit shit.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 11:21:03 pm »
Does it really I remember when it reduced your accuracy?  I know Power THROW gives accuracy but I also know we got 10 power draw builds from some of the ATS guys builds and they say they can't hit shit.

10PD builds can't hit shit because of the 130 or 139 wpf you are stuck with (Depending on how much you convert to agil, either 9 or 12).

My personal problem is not the 10PD counteracting things, it is the 130 wpf kicking my bum, though regardless, it is bliss when a cav is trying to run you over or when you are defending a seige and trashing shields and tin cans marching up the ramp.

I honestly do not remember any accuracy change (maybe I was not paying close enough attention) when my PD increased, as I remember sinking my first point into PD, then after then going for my agil before increasing STR. So I pretty much had all of my agil first, and increasing PD from 1 to 10 only made a noticable difference in hitting power.

If it does decrease accuracy, I compensated by getting better at archery, and if it does increase accuracy then I guess that explains some of my shots hitting. I dunno...

Where am I?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 11:28:30 pm »
i can die with 2 arrows in body with medium armour, just guessing for what  should xbow be usefull then if it still need 2 bolts? ranged are ok now... if i need to mention that i have 15 str and 5 if?

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 11:33:13 pm »
I honestly do not remember any accuracy change (maybe I was not paying close enough attention) when my PD increased, as I remember sinking my first point into PD, then after then going for my agil before increasing STR. So I pretty much had all of my agil first, and increasing PD from 1 to 10 only made a noticable difference in hitting power.
Would be really nice if it wasn't changed that would mean I have the accurate formula for it but I doupt it.  Yes, the old formula did get leaked and it did decrease your wpf with as your PD went up.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 11:34:44 pm by Felagunda »

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 11:34:19 pm »
5 if?
why bother if you don't have 8 or more imo?  if I were you i'd just not have it an convert and pick up 1 point in something more useful.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 11:40:23 pm »
going for 10 but that is offtopic now.. just try to tell that the loomed archers are deadly, and the regular are threat..

Offline Patricia

• Baron
  • Renown: 108
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2011, 02:09:40 am »

ARCHER IS UNDERPOWERED

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2011, 11:35:50 am »
Silly Pat

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2011, 03:02:17 am »
Archers need to be stronger and be able to aim better without having to waste all points strictly on archery.
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline Rhade

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: BkS_Rhade
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2011, 09:51:17 am »
No. Archers aren't meant to do heavy damage to armor, xbows and throwers already fucking make heavy armor useless, we don't need archers making it *absolutely* useless.

Archers have a higher rate of fire over other range for a reason, they have to have some sort of drawback. It's amazing how people don't see that.