Author Topic: password being constantly reset and new char being added  (Read 929 times)

Offline Valdian

• Knight
  • Renown: 63
  • Infamy: 65
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis, Irish Band
  • IRC nick: Valdian
password being constantly reset and new char being added
« on: April 06, 2012, 04:12:23 am »
hey anyone know about a bug with changing passwords? a month ago mgun baught a new cd key everything worked out but when he logged in it already had a account name made for him and when he goes to settings theres already a forum username made as well neither of which he made. Now in the past month every week or 2 there will be a new charicter added to the account that he didnt make. now every  few minutes it changes his password on him when it does that it makes a new character. Does anyone know what might be happening to his account?

Im posting this because hes having trouble logging in it has been kicking him every few minutes.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: password being constantly reset and new char being added
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2012, 04:35:08 am »
Where did he buy it from? There is one website that sells multiple copies of the same CD key, could be the problem.

If he is being kicked, that may be due to the other "person" trying to join the server too.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Parasite_

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2012, 05:54:44 pm »
yes it is me, I bought the cd key from direct2play, and it seems it was used before. someone keeps resetting my password and making characters or spending my money on equipment. is there a way to lock my password? TY....

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »
+1
Well, since password resetting is involved someone else must have your warband key.

This can either be someone who might have had access to a machine you play warband one or someone who somehow bought the same key you did.

I do not think direct2drive does such fuckups but we know of places like cdkeyhouse.com or something who sell the same warband key to multiple people.

Since there is no question about it that someone else has your key, I would highly recommend getting a new one asap and then let us know so we can move the chars over.

Offline Parasite_

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2012, 09:40:32 pm »
I have asked them for a new key I will let you know if they send me a new 1.... TY

Offline Parasite_

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, 10:56:19 pm »
well they said because the key works (which they tested) they wont give me a new one..... Is there a way for me to lock my password so it cant be changed in game?

TY

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 01:03:37 am »
No, there is not.
Everything is bound to your key and if other people can access that key you will need a new one.

So far we are aware of cdkeyhouse and direct2play who sell their keys to multiple people.

I misread the direct2play part you wrote for direct2drive which is a legit online shop.

We are so far aware of 3 direct2play keys that were sold to multiple people who play crpg.

You want to buy your key either from taleworlds, steam or paradox or some other store you trust, do not buy the keys where they are cheapest...

Let me know when you got a new key to transfer your chars to.
I would also like to ban your current account so no one empties your account.
But I leave that up to you to decide just be aware that everyone who also got that key can do what ever he wants with your chars.

Offline Parasite_

• Beggar
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 02:27:11 am »
ok if i get a new key what do i need to do? just let you know what it is?

Offline Meow

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, 12:18:44 pm »
You pm me from both forum accounts so I know you got access to them, then I'll move over the chars.