Author Topic: How to survive as pure melee?  (Read 2925 times)

Offline Wulzzz

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: How to survive as pure melee?
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2011, 10:00:58 am »
...and we're sure youre enjoying yourself while you (who also RUSH ALONE OVER OPEN FIELD, it's reserved only for my old friends of your calibre, why would other people be allowed to do the same with any success?) sharpshoot him in motion with no problem at all.........good for ya, hero.

Ohhh yea i do love it.
I hope you love your xbow too  :oops:

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #31 on: March 13, 2011, 10:15:05 am »
dont have to be a cowardly ninja to survive on the battlefield.
lolwut, explain it to me...

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #32 on: March 13, 2011, 12:40:27 pm »
If he can post three screenshots, all different, of a scoreboard with "dominating" archers and Cav then I will die from shock,

This is really bullshit you wrote im assuming to piss off Gnjus.

Ofcourse cav is topping the charts they mostly are and archers and xbowmen too.

Pay attention and see who is left in final 10 most rounds. i bet there wont be many melleists

And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Armbrust_Schtze

• Knight
  • Renown: 72
  • Infamy: 110
  • cRPG Player
  • (being watched)
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Philip :)
« Reply #33 on: March 13, 2011, 03:47:06 pm »
answer: get a shield
This masterwork bolt will send you straight to hell Tincan!

Offline Sepelio

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 13, 2011, 03:55:06 pm »
I play 2h and its not too hard to survive. It depends largely on the map. Let your team mates go first as fodder while you hide for a little while. Hopefully the shielders will smoke the archers out. You can then go in and cut things up.

A cheap shield is the best solution though. You still get shot in the foot every now and then, but its better than being shot in the face. I often just drop the shield once I've closed the distance.

Another option is to buy siege shields and use them to help your teams archers get into a good position to kill enemy archers, thus covering your back in the long term.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2011, 05:34:16 pm »
This is really bullshit you wrote im assuming to piss off Gnjus.

Ofcourse cav is topping the charts they mostly are and archers and xbowmen too.

Pay attention and see who is left in final 10 most rounds. i bet there wont be many melleists

Well, to the first line, yes I wrote that to tweak him as I find his attitude to be utterly adorable. It always brings a smile to my lips when I read one of his rants.

Second line I do agree that the skilled cav top the charts if no anti-cav players are to be found (like RS, they are usually murder against Cav due to the jack-in-the-box training they have, the jump-spin attack). Ninja-cav though do top charts even if people are gunning for them.

As to the third line, in the NA servers there are usually 2Hers topping the charts, and archers fall smack in the middle to near the top (a vaunted few do make top five, but those are usually the jedi players who also make half of their kills in melee too and can kill even with a stick, or the beyond-skilled snipeshots like carebear who is one of the few people I know who can go to melee with the bow and win). In the EU I notice there is an insane level of range spam (and I freely admit I play my cav character there most of the time), but in NA it is the melee troops that have the highest kills more often then not.

At the end of the day though, I find most builds can top with a skilled player, so I am happy for the most part (Though random things like crushthrough do bug me).
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 05:36:08 pm by Tears_of_Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2011, 06:13:14 pm »
Well i never play NA servers mysel nor do i plan so i dont give a crap whats going on there.

Ok maybe my fault is that i totally forgot cRPG is being played out of EU and didnt specify it.

The situation now is looking not really bright for my 2h build, just getting shot up all the time, maybe im just not intelligent enough to dodge them or to use "smart" tactics so im going turtle next gen and after that probably my douche agi 2h or polear/xbow build.

guess we cant all be Neo right  :wink:
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 06:17:07 pm by Mr_Moist »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works
visitors can't see pics , please register or login