Author Topic: How to survive as pure melee?  (Read 2926 times)

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: How to survive as pure melee?
« Reply #15 on: March 13, 2011, 12:03:38 am »
Teamwork as your golden rule.

You are not fast, you do not carry a shield, you do not have a range weapon, so hang back and either bodyguard someone or be thoughtful in where you go. As a 2Her being front line is only advisable when flanking. Play smart, and you will be a terror on the field.

And coming as an archer, don't chase us when we are in a pack, as it ends up with us scattering and then playing shoot the donkey with you. Leave that to the cav and shielders and other archers. Your job is to sneak around and create chaos, or massacre other melee and cav (Learn the jump/spin attack against cav and you will be a blessing to your team).
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2011, 12:12:22 am »
This.
Simply put use your killing power to ... um, kill people, and don't get caught into chasing people in the open or archers when there's still other people that you can kill. Heck, if you are chasing someone for a longer time while the battle is still going you are doing it wrong in the first place, especially if you are outnumbered just let him run away and try to backstab the guys that attack your teammates.
Well, sometimes you are stuck in a situation where you don't know what else to do, or have to hide from archers, just deal with it, the amount of kills you can make before you run into such a situation is pretty much worth it.
If I knew there'd be a lot of roofcampers I'd just take 2 ladders myself. This slows you down quite considerably, but then someone can reach them easily.
Of course if I'm archer myself I sometimes love to make sure that melee people see me. Half of them totally forget that there's an axeman swinging at them if they see some 1 hit kill target who can't block ... almost ... in ... their ... reach ... *slash*

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2011, 01:14:44 am »
How to survive as pure melee?

You don't. Your purpose is to die, so archers/cavalry can get their insane scores.

i kinda find each round at least one 2h user with a huge sword and no shield who wants to rush alone over open field...

...and we're sure youre enjoying yourself while you (who also RUSH ALONE OVER OPEN FIELD, it's reserved only for my old friends of your calibre, why would other people be allowed to do the same with any success?) sharpshoot him in motion with no problem at all.........good for ya, hero.

This topic is not about dodging, its about inability to hurt ranged on roofs, and game play as melee.
It is possible to play pure melee, but really annoying when only thing you can do is run around houses and wait for ranged to get down ( and that  never happens ).
And that is the main point, you have to put points in PT( or crossbow ), and make a hybrid, or dig yourself a grave at the end of the round.

What you/we are trying to do here is explaining a bunch of gays that pussy is a beautiful thing.......i don't think we will have any success, to be honest.

Teamwork as your golden rule.

Awesome. A dedicated cocksucker talking about teamwork. You and your kind (who in the last 2000 years were absolutely incompetent of doing anything on their own, even taking a piss let alone fight like men, but in this mod are able to go Rambo and win rounds by yourself) are implying to melee infantry that they should "use teamwork". This game is becoming more and more awesome on a daily basis.

This.
Simply put use your killing power to ... um, kill people, and don't get caught into chasing people in the open or archers when there's still other people that you can kill.

Another brainfart who can't read and comprehend. Please do us a favour and jump out of a window, preferably with your head down first.

Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline MrShovelFace

• Baron
  • Renown: 119
  • Infamy: 33
  • cRPG Player
  • Nobody cares about who I am or what I think
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2011, 01:22:20 am »
use jumps to cover the last few feet when taking cover behind a wall. The speed boost can and will often save your life. If you land short then you are SOL
Nobody cares about who I am or what I think

Offline EponiCo

• Baron
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Aine
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2011, 01:26:30 am »
Oh, Gnjus the eternal crossbow camper once again going on how ranged is for retards.
Self awareness is the first step towards betterment but you shouldn't generalise it on everyone.

Offline Kophka

• Baron
  • Infamy: 14
  • cRPG Player
  • for the final ride
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Remnants
  • Game nicks: Kophka/Koschei
  • IRC nick: Kophka
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2011, 01:31:23 am »
I love how Gnus stops in randomly to abuse everyone, contribute nothing to the conversation besides some bile and bitterness, then move on. It always makes my day to imagine him chuckling while he never checks the thread again :D.

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2011, 01:48:25 am »
Wear plate armor, oh... wait...
Get more str more IF makes me survive quite a while, dont have to be a cowardly ninja to survive on the battlefield.
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2011, 01:51:10 am »
Haha Gnjus putting points across in his unique way  :mrgreen: Epic

Whatch it archers posting in this thread youre in danger!
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Christo

• Dramaturge
  • King
  • Renown: 1844
  • Infamy: 371
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: No faction, methinks.
  • Game nicks: Sir_Christo, Christo, Cristo.
  • IRC nick: Christo
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 01:56:20 am »
Ladders need to go from cRPG. They should be used only in Strategus.

Those who'll say "omg no ladder is just fine" are either the ones who are playing Minecraft with them, or roof camping Archers.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 01:57:56 am by Christo »

Thanks to cmpxchg8b for the picture!

Offline Prpavi

• King
  • Renown: 1525
  • Infamy: 402
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • 私 わ 変態 です
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Prpavi, Prpafeee
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 01:59:57 am »
yap no ladders, unbreakable ladders, roofs acessible to anybody any of those things would work just fine.

the only down side is archers fighting from the ground means even more melee spam and deaths from friendly arrows, but well cross that bridge when we get to it if ever...
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 02:01:47 am by Mr_Moist »
And now he can't play because of "common sense" and he doesn't understand how this common sense works

Offline Dach

• Earl
  • Renown: 444
  • Infamy: 92
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Dach_BRD / SNSD_Taeyeon
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 02:26:25 am »
I'm pure melee too  :D

with a friend  :wink:
A lot of people in the NA community know that Dach rages and in the process of his uncontrollable rage, he tends to kick people.

You've been warned! :twisted:

Offline Joxer

• Knight
  • Renown: 55
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Autolycus Joxer_The_Mighty Salmoneus
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 03:16:00 am »
Dont listen to gnjus, he is a known my old friend :) My protip: Always move like you're under fire. Even if you're not.
Why is everybody telling me to think? I think, I just don't show it.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 08:10:51 am »
Haha Gnjus putting points across in his unique way  :mrgreen: Epic

Whatch it archers posting in this thread youre in danger!

Danger of what? Watching yet another game of him being ganked by the squad of archers that I am with that use teamwork? Or perhaps another game of me watching him getting ganked by a gang of melee users? If he can post three screenshots, all different, of a scoreboard with "dominating" archers and Cav then I will die from shock, but until then I will take perverse pleasure in continuing to single him out to shoot at him (never kill him, just sink an arrow into him to tick him off). Makes good target practice.

His most deadly weapon is his verbal abuse . . .

Dont listen to gnjus, he is a known my old friend :) My protip: Always move like you're under fire. Even if you're not.
Smart, I like it! This also make ninja cav work harder to kill you.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Torp

• Knight
  • Renown: 66
  • Infamy: 12
  • cRPG Player
  • Do evil to others before they do evil to you
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Kenkyaku
  • IRC nick: Torp
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 08:30:54 am »

bad idea, if you zigzag you lose speed and you run twice the distance.
You just have t be aware of your surroundings and move in a straight line to reach your target in half the time.
That will also decrease the chance of an archer spotting you

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #29 on: March 13, 2011, 08:51:30 am »
Oh, Gnjus the eternal crossbow camper once again going on how ranged is for retards.
Self awareness is the first step towards betterment but you shouldn't generalise it on everyone.

Check that again mate.
Also dont put words in my mouth that i never actually said.

I love how Gnus stops in randomly to abuse everyone, contribute nothing to the conversation besides some bile and bitterness, then move on. It always makes my day to imagine him chuckling while he never checks the thread again :D.

Not my fault if your IQ is lower then Paris Hilton's, or even some random sheep's, and you cant see the contribution which i bring on a regular basis.  :)

Danger of what? Watching yet another game of him being ganked by the squad of archers that I am with that use teamwork? Or perhaps another game of me watching him getting ganked by a gang of melee users? If he can post three screenshots, all different, of a scoreboard with "dominating" archers and Cav then I will die from shock, but until then I will take perverse pleasure in continuing to single him out to shoot at him (never kill him, just sink an arrow into him to tick him off). Makes good target practice.

First bold: im not sure wether i should rofl, lmao or just lol here.
Second bold: if i actually bothered with taking in-game screenshots as much as the other folks id post 50 of 'em right away, and not just 3. I do, however, hope that you will stick to your word and drop dead once it happens. The only good archer is a dead one, goes for real life too.
Third bold: No offense mate but other then being a dedicated defender of the cocksuckers here on forum i really dont know who you are in-game, probably one of those archers who run away from melee. I know most of em by name and appearance by now but youre obviously so bad that i havent memorized you at all.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2011, 09:02:10 am by Gnjus »
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.