Author Topic: Picking up weapons and ranged mechanics  (Read 543 times)

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
Picking up weapons and ranged mechanics
« on: April 03, 2012, 12:11:55 am »
I just retired a few hours ago and I am at 8 PD right now but didnt put any point in archery WPF since. This seems to reveal some issues. I can spawn with a longbow and arrows but cant pick them up again once I drop them. The same goes for other bows and quivers.

Another weird thing are the arrow physics and damage. Afaik appart from accuracy, archery WPF only gives a very slight dmg boost and slightly more reload speed. With 6 PD and more WPF on other builds my bodkins never bounced off a target, even heavy tincans. I just loomed my longbow to +3 and are using +3 bodkins with it, still I just shot a guy in a milanese and 2 consecutive arrows bounced. One even bounced off a heavy strange armor. Also arrows fly much slower and begin to drop much faster than one gen ago where I also had 8 PD.

The first issue is bug of course. Whats with the second ? Is this a bug as well or did we finally get nerfed to oblivion ?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
Re: Picking up weapons and ranged mechanics
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2012, 12:25:01 am »
Technicaly, with your current build you've got 0 effective pd and 1 wpf in archery. If you do not have at least 1 effective PD you can't pickup arrows.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2012, 12:29:10 am »
Technicaly, with your current build you've got 0 effective pd and 1 wpf in archery. If you do not have at least 1 effective PD you can't pickup arrows.

So the 14 wpf reduction per PD can go negative ?? I was thinking about getting 10 PD without any archery wpf as the -140 wpf you get cant be compensated no matter how much WM at lvl 30 you have anyway.

Offline Cup1d

• Count
  • Renown: 167
  • Infamy: 54
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercs
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2012, 12:38:38 am »
Not negative, you still have 1 wpf in archery. But you need at least 14 effective wpf for every PD. So for 1 PD you need 14 wpf, for 6 PD you need 84 wpf, for your 8 PD you need 112 wpf. This will count as 8PD and 1 wpf in archery. But if you have 8 PD and 110 wpf - this will count as 7 effective PD and 12 effective wpf.

TBH pump strength and PD at first is not best idea to make effective archer build. Especially with more than 6 PD.

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2012, 12:51:17 am »
I dont really care in which order I spend the skill points as long as the outcome will be the same, even if its not as effective as other variants at some point. Oh well, respecing anyway as I already spent all the wpf in 1h. The plan was to create a 10PD/10PS damage monster. Thanks for the info anyway Cup1d but this system is still worthy to be called a bug imo. PD effectivly lowering your PD ... ye