Author Topic: Ban AtEsSs_beA  (Read 1111 times)

Kulin_ban

Ban AtEsSs_beA
« on: April 01, 2012, 09:58:07 pm »
Happened couple of minutes ago on the EU Rageball server.

AtEsSs_beA was chasing me non stop to kill me, I must've killed him 20 or more times in a row and it got old pretty fast.

Anyways, he just would not stop attacking me, even though ball was on the other half of the court. After I got fed up with it I announced that I was making poll against a randomer, and it almost succeeded(Poll result: 50%, needed 51%).

After this he calls the ban poll on me and all of his buddies press 1 and I was banned for absolutely nothing.

(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)
(click to show/hide)

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
Re: Ban AtEsSs_beA
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2012, 10:06:53 pm »
Just going off the ss here - like a player says - randoming is ok.

There's nothing in the rules against attacking other players whether the ball is near them or not.

Your poll was unnecessary, as was his so Id call it a draw for now?

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2012, 04:07:16 pm »
That's not what 22nd_Paul was saying today. He was handing out ban warnings for TDM randomers.

BTW, what the hell am I supposed to do if someone is constantly trying to kill me? Just stand there or what?

Well you can fight them back.

At no point has anyone said to me anything about the rules being "no randoming" eg fighting where the ball is not, in rageball. I quite often attack enemy players if they're within reach, and am attacked in turn.

Ill talk to paul about this and see what he says.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2012, 04:26:46 pm »
Imo only admins have the right to do the neccessary stuff to get a game going and prevent total TDM. Players should stay away from using polls for that. Next time report to an admin and he warns then. It might be a good idea to have a seperate rageball banlist for notorious TDMers, leechers and game destroyers.

I'll speak with chadz/espu/cmp and ozin if it is ok to have admins handle the rageball server more strict and self dependent  than the other servers. On battle and siege the gameplay is more straight forward and it is harder to grief. In rageball there is a lot borderline stuff like stalking, delaying(as a goalie), ball ignoring, etc. that destroys the gameflow. In my opinion the admin should have the right to warn/kick here - even without a clear rule behind that.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 04:37:48 pm by Paul »

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2012, 04:48:57 pm »
Imo only admins have the right to do the neccessary stuff to get a game going and prevent total TDM. Players should stay away from using polls for that. Next time report to an admin and he warns then. It might be a good idea to have a seperate rageball banlist for notorious TDMers, leechers and game destroyers.

I'll speak with chadz/espu/cmp and ozin if it is ok to have admins handle the rageball server more strict and self dependent  than the other servers. On battle and siege the gameplay is more straight forward and it is harder to grief. In rageball there is a lot borderline stuff like stalking, delaying(as a goalie), ball ignoring, etc. that destroys the gameflow. In my opinion the admin should have the right to warn/kick here - even without a clear rule behind that.

While at it, even though I know the incoming warning, feel free to remind them to hasten the Siege admin process too, for the good of all the community.

Offline Tonyukuk

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MikariN
  • IRC nick: MikariN
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2012, 05:22:14 pm »
they swore to kulin :D

atess bea :  what did he say this mother fucker?
kuzgun bea: this m.f said dont random atack
Unreal:
Essay ban, 800 words on: "Accepting defeat and learning from it"

GEEKİLLER:only 2 words: "Fuck You!"

Offline Tavuk_Bey

• Earl
  • Renown: 409
  • Infamy: 233
  • cRPG Player
  • herrroo, my näym iz bokkkseee änd i'm fukken ugry
    • View Profile
  • Faction: bashibazouk, the official jihad clan
  • Game nicks: tavuk
  • IRC nick: Minister of Shitstorm
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2012, 06:03:12 pm »
wow, it seems like these little boys caused so much trouble today. they always do that in rageball, going for duels and ruining the teamplay.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 06:04:26 pm by Tavuk_Bey »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

roast and roast again until lambs become kebab

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2012, 01:26:45 am »
Well its clear that rageball needs some rule overhauls, or everyone just lets it be tdm with a ball game attached.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:35:33 am by RandomDude »

Offline Tonyukuk

• Count
  • Renown: 258
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MikariN
  • IRC nick: MikariN
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2012, 01:29:34 am »
yea like if u cary a ball,,nobody dont atack u around 5-6 metres.
Unreal:
Essay ban, 800 words on: "Accepting defeat and learning from it"

GEEKİLLER:only 2 words: "Fuck You!"

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2012, 10:09:20 am »
The problem is finding rules for that is hard. So imo it's ok to kill even if the ball is far away. If it serves a purpose for the game. Killing an archer who threatens the ball carrier is always good. Preventing an enemy winger to run in position too. Attacking someone just to make him stop and defend only to get past him is good playing. What is not ok is permanent TDM and ignoring the ball, just for the heck of it. Or dueling with someone all the time without taking part in the game. Especially on prime time these guys take away a player slot while there are other who can't join and actually want to play rageball. Difficult to get this into the rules though.

I think admins should have more freedom on the rageball server. Even if there aren't specific rules. They then do the neccessary warning/kicks to those who don't play. It is needed to get a game going that has more than 2-3 players on each team while the other 20 players just TDM/duel/chat. That's why I'd love to have a seperate rageball banlist. With that we could give gamebreakers a timeout of a day or two without preventing them from playing normal cRPG, making room for those who actually want to play.

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2012, 10:16:46 am »
Have every player with 10 lives not infinite and they will play the game normally. (Well most of the times)

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2012, 10:23:03 am »
Have every player with 10 lives not infinite and they will play the game normally. (Well most of the times)

How would this prevent randoming?

Offline Vexus

• Count
  • Renown: 198
  • Infamy: 41
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Deus_Mortis
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2012, 11:03:50 am »
People keep on killing because they can keep on coming back.

If you limit their lives they will think twice before going TDM in a rageball match.

Of course some people will still do it but if the 2nd team has 2-4 people that died 10 times already they are in a disadvantage giving team 1 a higher chance to win the match.

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2012, 11:25:34 am »
People keep on killing because they can keep on coming back.

If you limit their lives they will think twice before going TDM in a rageball match.

Of course some people will still do it but if the 2nd team has 2-4 people that died 10 times already they are in a disadvantage giving team 1 a higher chance to win the match.

I am not getting this. If you go TDM, you deplenish lives of your opponent team, not your own. So, once again, how could this help?

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2012, 01:10:51 pm »
Where is the problem with killing people on rageball even when the ball is not next to them?

Why can't I just stay in a certain position and kill everyone around so the way is clear for my team when they come with the ball or for me to catch and throw it into the goal.

Kicking/banning or whatever for fighting on rageball is retarded

Will you also start warning people when they fight on siege far away from the flag? :rolleyes:

Btw Paul, you are talking about what destroys the game on rageball servers?  The person who always tries some soloplay on rageball, never passing the ball, trying to walk the whole field alone and then starting to throw/kick it to the goal from miles distance because you can't handle all the enemies alone....be a teamplayer first before you warn/kick or whatever people for "destroying" the game  :wink:
« Last Edit: April 03, 2012, 01:14:17 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »