Author Topic: The Snitch Culture of crpg  (Read 7786 times)

Offline Canary

• Marshall
  • Renown: 826
  • Infamy: 202
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
Re: The Snitch Culture of crpg
« Reply #75 on: April 03, 2012, 08:36:49 pm »
+1
Your immediate refusal. Reply #3 in the thread, where you neglect to mention some of the details of the scenario you're describing, then your next post where you jump down Smoothrich's throat for asking further questions.

If you were so defensive then you should have answered the questions and actually saved us the time and trouble of having to continue guessing because you weren't cooperating.

If you don't tell us the entirety of what happened, you have no right to complain when we're left with no option but to guess.

I figured it was common knowledge that when you attack some one that feels they were wronged, they get defensive. Apparently that is completely lost to you.

Nope, this was part of the discussion we were having about this situation privately, in fact, on the admin board. I understand how you feel, I just wish you would stop causing so many problems because of something that happened almost two weeks ago.

I will also point out the fact that you initiated everything that happened in this situation. I'm not saying that the reactions to what you did were justified (Sigvard's certainly wasn't), but you started this mess. Don't kick people, it won't upset their friends. Don't hide information, admins will deal with your ban requests. Don't act incredulous when we're trying to do our job to help you. Don't dismiss questions we're asking to get to the bottom of your problems and don't accuse us of being biased when you're not cooperating.

I don't blame Smoothrich for getting snarky with you, you're self-righteous and insolent.

Do you even know what bias means? It is making DECISIONS with prejudice. It has nothing to do with the statements you quoted. I will assume you ment to say liar. So in case your selective memory has forgot, I will quote your friend.

Bias means that you're inclined not to consider a position without prejudice. Such as when someone says that they're getting irritated by your kicking them and that it might have dealt them damage and you dismiss this as nonsense based only on some very inconclusive explanations.

So do those statements add up? Or are you going to use you bias and tell me they dont?  Yes, I was a naked peasent, that is why Sigvard chose to kill me.

They don't have to, he didn't like you kicking him, therefore you broke the rules. You got your punishment, deal with it.

Using your logic: HOW DOES THIS STATEMENT ADD UP...
Apparently only my kicks hurt him when I was a naked peasent. Yes, I was a naked peasent, that is why Sigvard chose to kill me.
...WITH THE SCREENSHOT YOU POSTED WHERE IT TOOK AT LEAST TWO HITS TO KILL YOU? YOU WERE A NAKED PEASANT THEREFORE IT SHOULD HAVE ONLY TAKEN ONE HIT TO KILL YOU SO YOU'RE LYING AND BIASED AGAINST WHAT VAERMI SAID -

Do you see why we might think that doesn't work?

Don't even try to presume that everyone is as spiteful and vindictive as you are, to the point where they'd hit M and report a poor, naked peasant.

You can argue for the world about whether or not Vaermi is telling the truth, but we've already concluded that you were kicking a teammate, so you got punished for it.

I don't think it is an assumption to say it made him mad enough to ask his friend to tk me, because it happened.

This is, in fact, entirely, 100%, no doubt about it - an assumption. How dare you get so goddamn mad about how we accused you of malicious griefing with your kicking when we "couldn't rationalize your malicious intent without being there"! Here you are doing the exact same thing; you can't say that Vaermi asked his friend to teamkill you, because there's no way you could possibly know that's what happened. Stop being a hypocrite.

So it makes you mad enough to have his friend kill us, but not mad enough to push the m button and report us the proper way? Also re-reading his post he claims he was shot WHILE we were kicking him. We must of been kicking him for quite some time to have two crossbow bolts shot at him through the frame of a door up a staircase. Even wolf kicks him after he is hits black bar, and he still lives?

Not pertinent, this issue has been covered. You and Sigvard were dealt with, arguing this anymore is moot.

Offline Elmetiacos

• Count
  • Renown: 175
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
  • You've probably teamkilled me
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Hot_Chick_with_a_Sword, Dark_Rose_Knight
« Reply #76 on: April 03, 2012, 10:27:30 pm »
+2
LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
The word is "anyway" not "anyways". You are not Gabby Hayes.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Swifteye234

• Knight
  • Renown: 48
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: The Rainbow Shirelings
  • Game nicks: PRO_Jar_of_Diplomacy
« Reply #77 on: April 03, 2012, 10:37:22 pm »
+1
Holy fuck I should come on the forums more often

Shit is entertaining
Lamk: Swift invite me to the Steam Pro Group
Я|Swiftpanda: call me big daddy
Lamk: K
Lamk: ty Big Daddy :P

Offline Mr_Carpenter

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: April 03, 2012, 10:44:50 pm »
I got bitches, I hate snitches. Where I come from, we put 9mm piercing in the back of the snitches head... We ain't gonna tolerate 'em bitches who be snitching and shit. I'll never hesitate to bust a cap on some bitching snitching bundle of sticks. If you be snitching, we ain't gonna start bitching, cuz we be crippin' fo' real.

Offline Leman_Russ

• Knight
  • Renown: 58
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 03, 2012, 10:47:01 pm »
I would just like to take the time and thank Crazyi for providing some of the most entertaining reading one could ask for in-between rounds.  There is not a forum untouched by his blather.  I am willing to bet that this is all one big troll attempt and in the end he will have the last laugh... or he is just retarded.  Either way, thank you crazyi.

Offline EyeBeat

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 175
  • 20th BEST PLAYER IN HOSPITALLER
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: EyeBeat_The_Wanderer
  • IRC nick: EyeBeat
« Reply #80 on: April 03, 2012, 10:51:42 pm »
+1
I would just like to take the time and thank Crazyi for providing some of the most entertaining reading one could ask for in-between rounds.  There is not a forum untouched by his blather.  I am willing to bet that this is all one big troll attempt and in the end he will have the last laugh... or he is just retarded.  Either way, thank you crazyi.

Trolling is supposed to require no effort.

Being a smallish community doesn't entitle you to act more like a dick than other communities.

Offline farthammer

• Knight
  • Renown: 30
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
  • Leon Barksky
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lots and Lots of Jolly Knights
  • Game nicks: Farthammer
« Reply #81 on: April 03, 2012, 11:35:14 pm »
+1
This is why we should just take a preemptive step and simply ban everyone.

Offline bravesquirrel

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -[420]-
« Reply #82 on: April 04, 2012, 12:31:00 am »
Excav and I got banned shortly after making accounts for not breaking any rules because some pussy cried in a ban thread.

There was a ladder to the top of an angled thatch roof that you would fall into and just be sitting on top of the square building, but under the roof.  We were noob so we were laughing about it running around up there.  We weren't the last people alive, we had nothing but newbie clubs so we couldn't shoot out or abuse it, and we jumped down when the admin asked.  Someone posted pictures of us while we were up there and we got banned by Tears even though the screenshots clearly showed we didn't have ranged and even contained the admin chat from the in-game admin asking us to get down (which we did).  The in-game admin didn't feel the need to punish us, but that didn't stop Tears from banning us, anyway (for FOUR days).

Whoever posted that ban thread is exactly what this thread is talking about.  Neither them nor Tears cared about the actual rules, to find out what happened, that nobody was harmed, or that the in-game admin didn't feel it justified punishment.  The poster was more concerned about being that little girl in your elementary school class that feels it's their personal duty to tattle.

Tears did unban us after I got in IRC, but even his post in my unban thread said "Pay closer attention to the admin chat next time" like we didn't :rolleyes:.  Great way to welcome complete newbies to your community: 4 day group ban.  I think some other people got banned with us, too, but I don't believe they got unbanned early like we did.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 12:32:35 am by bravesquirrel »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: April 04, 2012, 01:15:17 am »
+2
Yep, ban requests can be dumb, I don't much like taking admin action unless I actually eyewitnessed events, but if not, having access to server logs is the next best thing.

Even if something is fully proven for breaking rules, something like what you did, getting on a roof or w/e.. in game an admin would say "get down" and that'd be it.  Only if it was persistent, malicious, and in spite of warnings that you  kept going on the roof to delay rounds and not contribute, would it befit a ban.

Crazyi is a special case here that I strongly recommend not replying to, but will touch on.  To avoid situations like bravesquirrel stated, if the context and severity is not immediately and abundantly clear through chat logs and screenshots (often a ban request can be misleading or vague with the evidence provided) I will ask questions and try to reconstruct the event in my head, the motives of the people.. basing as much as I can on evidence.  That sounds kind of spergy, but I do it quickly and its in an attempt to be fair.

In crazyi's case, I asked why someone that tk'd him was yelling STOP FUCKING KICKING HIM GOD DAMMIT which is pretty obviously a reaction to something crazyi was doing.  Instead of answering, he stopped answering my questions entirely, and has posted like a raging baby for several weeks straight over it still.  Not really much else to say but haha damn dude stop posting you are awful

Anyways, ultimately an admin should remember that people don't post ban requests threads unless they feel motivated to do so.  Often the motivation is "this guy was ruining the server for me and anyone else for several maps in a row" which is very valid and when no admins are on, isn't bad.  But when the motivation starts to unravel as "heh, i'm gonna get this racist frenchman banned" you should begin asking questions and be critical and possibly just give a warning if you yourself would not ban if you saw it happen.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:23:17 am by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #84 on: April 04, 2012, 01:50:50 am »
Tears did unban us after I got in IRC, but even his post in my unban thread said "Pay closer attention to the admin chat next time" like we didn't :rolleyes:.  Great way to welcome complete newbies to your community: 4 day group ban.  I think some other people got banned with us, too, but I don't believe they got unbanned early like we did.

They did.

Pay closer attention to admin chat next time.

Digging up the ban thread you are talking about and re-reading, I'm okay with how it worked out. Mistakes happen, most of the time it is justified.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 01:51:51 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline bravesquirrel

• Knight
  • Renown: 50
  • Infamy: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: -[420]-
« Reply #85 on: April 04, 2012, 03:46:58 am »
+1
Even if something is fully proven for breaking rules, something like what you did, getting on a roof or w/e.. in game an admin would say "get down" and that'd be it.  Only if it was persistent, malicious, and in spite of warnings that you  kept going on the roof to delay rounds and not contribute, would it befit a ban.

This is exactly the approach I would expect an admin to take, especially with someone who isn't a known problem.  I appreciate that you try to put the events into context and evaluate what happened.  Contrast that to this:

Digging up the ban thread you are talking about and re-reading, I'm okay with how it worked out. Mistakes happen, most of the time it is justified.

Who still makes no effort to understand what happened.

We did pay attention to admin chat.  We jumped down.  That's why I said it multiple times in my last post.  The in-game admin handled it, as evidenced by his speech.  There was no need for you to jump in and slap a 4-day ban on some first-time "offending" noobs because some whiny jackass posted a screenshot of us doing literally nothing wrong as "evidence".  You enable those people.

Pay closer attention to ban requests next time.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 03:50:13 am by bravesquirrel »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #86 on: April 04, 2012, 05:12:35 am »
Who still makes no effort to understand what happened.

I do understand, I just don't care anymore (If I did not understand then and realize it was a mistake, you would not have been unbanned early).

Beautiful part of being a normal pezzy now. Now I can just repeat: Pay more attention to admin chat next time.

This is me, blissfully not giving a fuck anymore.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2012, 05:15:27 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Zisa

• Count
  • Renown: 272
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: I am not at liberty to say.
« Reply #87 on: April 04, 2012, 05:27:04 am »
+1
They did.

You are allowed to say 'sorry' or woops...

Why the fuck would you ban a player based on someone else's say so? Didn't see it? Who cares.. move on, not supposed to be some all seeing all reviewing referee, but boot/ban the trouble makers that you actually witness - in real time. Unless admins get handed such a stupid mandate.
Alas nodachi
remembers glorious spring
a tin can's hatchet.
http://www.moddb.com/members/psychotropicdog

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #88 on: April 04, 2012, 06:04:51 am »
You are allowed to say 'sorry' or woops...

Why the fuck would you ban a player based on someone else's say so? Didn't see it? Who cares.. move on, not supposed to be some all seeing all reviewing referee, but boot/ban the trouble makers that you actually witness - in real time. Unless admins get handed such a stupid mandate.

In the thread I felt justified, shush you.

I also apologized in IRC for the incident.  :P

Gave a fuck then, but don't now (don't see why I should now that I am just a normal peasant).

I made good decisions, I made some bad ones too *shrugs* Oh welp. I apologized for every decision I thought was bad.

Offline Sergee

• Baron
  • Renown: 127
  • Infamy: 32
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PRO_TheSerge
« Reply #89 on: April 04, 2012, 06:38:34 am »
PROUD MEMBER OF THE 1%

THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"
AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.