Author Topic: ban request: badplayer_gg  (Read 2962 times)

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
Re: ban request: badplayer_gg
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 07:22:24 pm »
Again, I see no issue here.  Badplayer riding into the melee to get kills is nothing different than any other cav doing it.  As for the poll, of course the other team will vote 1 on him, and the ragers on his team that got bumped will vote 1 so that is a flimsy argument at best.

Again, bring me evidence he was intentionally bumping people to damage them/kill them/get them killed and he will be banned on the spot. Until then there's no issue. 

This represents my opinion only if any other admin sees an issue here, feel free to slap the ban hammer down.

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 07:22:58 pm »
It proves you had this tiny bit of hatred for your team called malice. It provides you with a reason to "not give a fuck", and trample people as you see fit because of said hatred aka malicious griefing. I've got nothing against you badplayer but the admins of this community completely baffle me.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • Renown: 74
  • Infamy: 50
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Idlewild, BigSean, Tacabro
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 07:24:04 pm »
Again, I see no issue here.  Badplayer riding into the melee to get kills is nothing different than any other cav doing it.  As for the poll, of course the other team will vote 1 on him, and the ragers on his team that got bumped will vote 1 so that is a flimsy argument at best.

Again, bring me evidence he was intentionally bumping people to damage them/kill them/get them killed and he will be banned on the spot. Until then there's no issue. 

This represents my opinion only if any other admin sees an issue here, feel free to slap the ban hammer down.

why dont you check the logs like you should be doing? instead of asking for more evidence on a situation more than an hour ago?

i love your little disclaimer statement to save your ass at the end though

"this represents my opinion only incase anyone else sees this!"

lmbo
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:27:02 pm by Idlewild »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 07:37:28 pm »
If i really wanted to save my ass, i would lock this and say case closed, which i should be doing.

I am however giving other admins a chance to weigh in, should they chose too.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 07:39:29 pm »
A thread where a simple screen is enough for ganner with no other proof;

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,28690.0.html

literally only cozying up to badplayer

If i really wanted to save my ass, i would lock this and say case closed, which i should be doing.

I am however giving other admins a chance to weigh in, should they chose too.

just making yourself look worse

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 07:42:15 pm »
I'm sorry, I guess I missed the rule for rejoining a server after you got kicked for team wounds, Idlewild. Oh wait, there is no rule that states you cannot rejoin a server after getting kicked, be it by an admin or a server autokick feature. He bumped a shield wall and was kicked by the people in the shield wall, he then rejoined and broke zero rules. I don't really see how he should then be punished further since he was already kicked.

Oh, and Crazyi, you must have missed this:
Quote from: cmp
Behavior rules
No offensive behavior anywhere
Remember that this is the internet. Don't be insulted if someone calls you an idiot.

So indeed I have to ask the question, what exactly do you know? What are you trying to prove, that badplayer had a reason to do it? Of course he did, because he admitted to it not being an accident. The issue though, lies solely in his actions.
(this is rhetorical by the way, stop post in this thread unless you have something directly relating to this incident)

Admittedly though, you could take the "repeat offender" thing further, but I really don't think it's necessary here as not a single person died either directly or indirectly due to his actions.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 07:50:02 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 07:47:50 pm »
I'm sorry, I guess I missed the rule for rejoining a server after you got kicked for team wounds, Idlewild. Oh wait, there is no rule that states you cannot rejoin a server after getting kicked, be it by an admin or a server autokick feature. He bumped a shield wall and was kicked by the people in the shield wall, he then rejoined and broke zero rules. I don't really see how he should then be punished further since he was already kicked.

Oh, and Crazyi, you must have missed this:
So indeed I have to ask the question, what exactly do you know?
(this is rhetorical by the way, stop post in this thread unless you have something directly relating to this incident)

Admittedly though, you could take the "repeat offender" thing further, but I really don't think it's necessary here as not a single person died either directly or indirectly due to his actions.

Another admin who should check logs, those reports weren't at the same time they were over the course of several rounds and he killed someone and wrote out "not sorry" right after. You of course weren't going to do anything about it, not for your ~love~.

And picking out Crazyi who had one of the most constructive posts in this topic, and telling him to stay out of this discussion? lmbo

Are you even trying anymore?

Take note of feedback for a good admin;
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19178.0.html

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 07:59:09 pm »
Another admin who should check logs, those reports weren't at the same time they were over the course of several rounds and he killed someone and wrote out "not sorry" right after. You of course weren't going to do anything about it, not for your ~love~.

i got 2/3 reports before i bumped the shield wall from accidental teamhits (they happen especially as cav) and yes i did write "not sorry, you walked into my lance" after i accidently teamkilled someone because that is exactly what happened so it wasnt my fault he died.

i got mad at my team and bumped a few people in a shield wall and was kicked for it, if i deserve a ban for that so be it but that was the only time i broke the rules i didnt intentionally tk/teamhit anyone before that,

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 08:03:57 pm »

And picking out Crazyi who had one of the most constructive posts in this topic, and telling him to stay out of this discussion? lmbo

Are you even trying anymore?

Take note of feedback for a good admin;
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,19178.0.html
I see you saying that a lot, what the fuck does it mean? Laugh my balls off?

In either case, saying crazyi has a constructive post in a ban request is like saying I can chamber purposefully. You aren't bringing any logical arguments to the table. You keep telling them to check the logs, but the logs can't tell you if the person in question was intentionally doing it or not. As for cav not bumping teamates, you have to be fucking kidding me. It's called cav awareness, watch for your team cav because they're trying to help you by either bumping the enemy or saving your ass by killing him. If he bumps you, it is by all means probably accidental. There are cases like huey however where this rule doesn't apply. If you see friendly cav coming your way, draw the enemy into his path so you can get a free kill. Don't complain about it when you run into him on purpose, which is likely what happened because badplayer isn't known for being a shitty charge cav. He's known for being a killstealing jackass that will mock you in chat.

Please bring a logical argument to the table.

Offline Tydeus

• King
  • Renown: 1422
  • Infamy: 351
  • Item re-unbalance guy
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Tydeus
  • IRC nick: Tydeus
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 08:06:05 pm »
I was going to post more, arguing the fact that you're grasping at straws to make it seem like badplayer was intentionally teamwounding or breaking rules before the shield wall bump, but I've decided that, until people grow up and present reasonable evidence, I'm not going to waste my time bickering with a known troll, such as yourself.

It has been my stance, since I was first made a crpg administrator over a year ago, that this section of the forums should not be used for anything other than legitimate infractions where adequate evidence is provided. This thread fails on both levels.

tldr: Grow up and stop trying to get people you don't like banned or actually provide some serious evidence. Administrators are neither police officers nor babysitters.

Edit: Can someone with some common sense that is not affiliated with _gg please lock this dumb thread, I'm going to bed.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:07:40 pm by Tydeus »
chadz> i wouldnt mind seeing some penis on my character

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 08:09:49 pm »
I see you saying that a lot, what the fuck does it mean? Laugh my balls off?

In either case, saying crazyi has a constructive post in a ban request is like saying I can chamber purposefully. You aren't bringing any logical arguments to the table. You keep telling them to check the logs, but the logs can't tell you if the person in question was intentionally doing it or not. As for cav not bumping teamates, you have to be fucking kidding me. It's called cav awareness, watch for your team cav because they're trying to help you by either bumping the enemy or saving your ass by killing him. If he bumps you, it is by all means probably accidental. There are cases like huey however where this rule doesn't apply. If you see friendly cav coming your way, draw the enemy into his path so you can get a free kill. Don't complain about it when you run into him on purpose, which is likely what happened because badplayer isn't known for being a shitty charge cav. He's known for being a killstealing jackass that will mock you in chat.

Please bring a logical argument to the table.

stop post in this thread unless you have something directly relating to this incident

laughing my butt off

the logs show statements from badplayer himself saying "not sorry" and he even admits doing it on purpose, it also shows how long between reports I assume and other tk's. This can make or break arguments.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10:46 pm »
My argument stands at the fact that he got the 5/5, was promptly kicked and earned his punishment via a kick from the server. No need to escalate this to a ban.

Offline bigsean

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 08:10:57 pm »
I was going to post more, arguing the fact that you're grasping at straws to make it seem like badplayer was intentionally teamwounding or breaking rules before the shield wall bump, but I've decided that, until people grow up and present reasonable evidence, I'm not going to waste my time bickering with a known troll, such as yourself.

It has been my stance, since I was first made a crpg administrator over a year ago, that this section of the forums should not be used for anything other than legitimate infractions where adequate evidence is provided. This thread fails on both levels.

tldr: Grow up and stop trying to get people you don't like banned or actually provide some serious evidence. Administrators are neither police officers nor babysitters.

Edit: Can someone with some common sense that is not affiliated with _gg please lock this dumb thread, I'm going to bed.

~goodnight~, will ganner and badplayer be joining you? Going to be a chilly night!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2012, 08:13:17 pm by Idlewild »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2012, 08:30:34 pm »
Had I been online at the time, I would have warned him to be more careful about his team hitting. If he was kicked with an x2 plus, I would let the kick stand. If he had an x1, I would have given him a 5 minute ban to sit things out for a round, primarily due to his aggressive statements towards his team and if I felt he didn't care to watch what he was doing. That's the extent, but the Admins online have a better view than I do having not been there myself.

I don't see that a 24 hour ban is called for, and the Admins that were online at the time made a de facto decision. At best, I might give Badplayer a break the next time I see him, but I also don't think that would be appropriate this late in the game..

I would really like to see how you play the "Admin bias" card now. I don't like him, and have expressed my own opinions on his past behavior.

I'm locking this thread.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln