Author Topic: Bring back EU5 Banner-Balance!  (Read 1521 times)

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
Re: Bring back EU5 Banner-Balance!
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2012, 05:11:01 pm »
"Guys! People are using bannerbalance to dominate a server! Please turn bannerbalance on, on the other one so we can bannerstack there instead!"

Look. If you don't want to be bannerstacked against, just go EU_5, BECAUSE there is no bannerbalance there. If you want to fight with your clanmates, go EU_2 and fight with/against Grey & Co. Not that hard. Stop being mad because you guys are beaten in the "who can stack the most dudes" competition.

EDIT: Just for the record. I would like EU_5 to also have bannerbalance, because I like to play with my clanmates (the few of us who are on) no matter what server I am in, and EU_2 is very often full. I actually like it when Grey & Co stack, because then we have to use better tactics, teamwork and strategic thinking to win, not just raping randomers, and other useless people, like we normally do. Hell, today at EU_2 I got in the opposite team of Grey & Co. You know what I did? I started typing orders/suggestions in chat, most of my team started following it (Woody1's awesome reply "He might be annoying, but he got a good plan", made me laugh out loud :D) and we won some of the rounds. Those we lost? Those were because we I did a bad call/came up with a bad plan, or we got outsmarted. Those were also some of the closest fights I'd seen and were REALLY fun.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 05:16:06 pm by Zapper »
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2012, 05:17:47 pm »
Banner stacking is a bit dumb between clans. It doesn't matter so much when randomers switch to your banner. But if multiple clans are using the same banner then that's retarded.

It's why I still wonder whether balancing by Tag would be possible. Aka joining a clan with your char on the c-rpg.net page and it using that to balance.

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2012, 05:25:45 pm »
Gnjus said several times that there should be reserved banners for clans which are connected to the tag. Therefore random people getting their own banners.
Implement roster for clans with dedicated banner and the problem would be solved.
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2012, 05:28:41 pm »
Banner stacking is a bit dumb between clans. It doesn't matter so much when randomers switch to your banner. But if multiple clans are using the same banner then that's retarded.

It's why I still wonder whether balancing by Tag would be possible. Aka joining a clan with your char on the c-rpg.net page and it using that to balance.

Well, then they would just join on one clan on the webpage...

@Jarlek: You're the best, we all know that by now.

Offline Overdriven

• Marshall
  • Renown: 828
  • Infamy: 223
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Great Khans
  • Game nicks: GK_Overdriven
« Reply #19 on: March 31, 2012, 05:30:32 pm »
Well, then they would just join on one clan on the webpage...

@Jarlek: You're the best, we all know that by now.

If somehow it forced them to have those clan tags in game with that character (again no idea if possible) then if they wanted to still be individual clans then they couldn't.

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2012, 05:35:42 pm »
If somehow it forced them to have those clan tags in game with that character (again no idea if possible) then if they wanted to still be individual clans then they couldn't.

I remeber reading a post to a certain m&b-mod where they made tag-balance, but that's all i remember xD
Not which user posted it neither what mod it was.

It has to be possible, can't go on like that forever...