Author Topic: The betrayal of antioch!  (Read 3534 times)

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
Re: The betrayal of antioch!
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2012, 07:49:05 pm »
Goretooth never betrayed Hosp.  He's been a good friend to our guys for the past few years.   Just make sure you word your intentions carefully.  Otherwise it's like taking three wishes from a demon.

Surely you don't think he won't betray you at the first sign of weakness you show?

"It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered." -Aeschylus
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2012, 07:59:44 pm »
rofl
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,28288.0.html

so you inviting me was a lie? Did not hurt me much. In the long run hurts you guys more than me. Not being trustworthy overall. I will not sell you my gear any longer. Add to that I will happily sign against you in fights. I generally am better to have with you than against
Leader of BS

Offline Peppovitch

• Count
  • Renown: 276
  • Infamy: 128
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Hospitaller
  • Game nicks: Hospitaller_Peppovitch
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2012, 08:20:34 pm »
Surely you don't think he won't betray you at the first sign of weakness you show?

"It is in the character of very few men to honor without envy a friend who has prospered." -Aeschylus

Maybe we are the exception.  :wink:  He would be a Hospitaller, but it's best to point him in a direction and dive for cover.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2012, 08:47:11 pm »
Wishes from the Devil that's funny Peppo.  :rolleyes:

Goretooth and the Hospitallers are both working with, or at least alongside, the DRZ/Union/ETC menace.  It's fortunate for them that there's a big dog in a small .. dog.. bath... right now.  And it's not going anywhere.

Hey, in Strat, just ally yourselves with the biggest/strongest faction and it's like you win some important, like, race, or something.  Without running.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • Renown: 634
  • Infamy: 237
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2012, 09:40:19 pm »
+1

Goretooth and the Hospitallers are both working with, or at least alongside, the DRZ/Union/ETC menace.  It's fortunate for them that there's a big dog in a small .. dog.. bath... right now.  And it's not going anywhere.

Hey, in Strat, just ally yourselves with the biggest/strongest faction and it's like you win some important, like, race, or something.  Without running.
BUTTHURT

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded
Tydeus - Nord EU Scum - Hates adminning

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2012, 09:46:54 pm »
BUTTHURT
Yeah, it's pretty obvious, you don't have to tell me your feelings.  But that's okay, I don't mind humoring you, you big winner you.

Unlike some people I don't take this seriously.
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 10:03:24 pm »

seriously not

Braeden - Clanless maybe? or Free Peasant not sure - Rarely plays, plus might be retarded

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 10:17:54 pm »
+1
goretooth betrayed me once! he told me he was getting baldurs gate 2 and that we would play a campaign together, and then we never did  :cry:

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2012, 10:24:04 pm »
+1
goretooth betrayed me once! he told me he was getting baldurs gate 2 and that we would play a campaign together, and then we never did  :cry:
I actually feel sorry about that one. Forgive me ol matey? arrgghhh

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2012, 11:13:00 pm »
Muki at least is a decent guy offered to pay me crpg money of his own. Not his fault members of his faction act that way. Thanks anyway Muki. I will be alright. I did not lose that much and I see some antioch fights coming up. get used to seeing me across the field.
Leader of BS

Offline Goretooth

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2012, 11:33:30 pm »
Muki at least is a decent guy offered to pay me crpg money of his own. Not his fault members of his faction act that way. Thanks anyway Muki. I will be alright. I did not lose that much and I see some antioch fights coming up. get used to seeing me across the field.
rofl

Offline Jeff Russell

• Peasant
  • Renown: 2
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kill_the_White_Devil
« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2012, 11:43:54 pm »
Though it pains me, I must fight the good fight!

I say any faction which Goretooth is in, which he does not actively fight against, is a faction of traitors and every one of you will be next if we allow this treachery to continue!

j4g gone chaos

Offline Slantedfloors

• Baron
  • Renown: 135
  • Infamy: 21
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LLJK_Slanted
« Reply #27 on: March 30, 2012, 11:57:25 pm »
If you want an explanation beyond Goretooth's monosyllabic responses:

You negotiated a deal that would see you safely through our lands, you did not pay before attempting to go through, and the dire straights NA territory is in has lead to a paucity of battles in which Goretooth can slake his bloodlust. These all combined into a perfect storm that resulted in an attack on you, or as Goretooth so eloquently put it "Want Fight. Take Crates".

You tried to drive past the toll booth without paying and went over the Severe Tire Damage Spikes. I'm truly sorry it came to this, from the depth of my heart. Let it be a lesson to all that paying the completely voluntary Knights of Antioch Territory Transfer Tax is a good idea.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2012, 12:01:59 am by Slantedfloors »

Offline Penguin

• Duke
  • Renown: 670
  • Infamy: 121
  • cRPG Player
  • JesusChrist
    • View Profile
  • Faction: [A]rrows Incoming!
  • Game nicks: [Y]Retreat!
« Reply #28 on: March 31, 2012, 01:28:59 am »
I don't know anything about some tax, though I suppose it's some kind of troll-response they give whenever they attack someone  :rolleyes:, sign up in the next 10-15 minutes if you are going to participate on my side guys, thanks and may the forc- I mean holy spirit be with you all.
"As you gaze upon the cross, and long for conformity to him, be not weary or fearful because you cannot express in words what you seek. Ask him to plant the cross in your heart. Believe in him, the crucified and now living one, to dwell within you, and breathe his own mind there."

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 31, 2012, 01:32:08 am »
I was asked to come to your village and make goods for your war effort. It would have been you guys paying me not the other way around. Safe passage actually getting to the village is generally a good idea.

I am sure it cost you guys much more than you got from me. Considering the 4 guys who showed up for me killed 77 of your troops you took down all 47 of mine. Considering I only had 6 chest armor they did it mostly naked.  I wish the fight was 1 hour later and i would have made it home from work. Not upset by the attack honestly. Being lied to to come into the area safely is a pain but not that big a deal.

Had you said I am attacking and to bad. I would have been fine. I would have actually tried to get some people to sign up for the fight and do some real damage. But no I was told that sorry slanted did not know you were invited to come here. He will be retreating and I will sign up for you to make sure that happens. So I did not bother to bug anyone to show up. Went thru with the attack anyway. Luckily I am not a trusting sort so hired a few people to at least give it a go. Thanks to their efforts I did not lose much. 70 some MW round shields and 150 or so MW simple swords 30 of my rouncies. Considering I had 500 swords, 300 shields, and 85 rouncies I say I got off pretty cheap.  What did those 77 deaths cost you guys?
Leader of BS