Author Topic: Alternate/Shared c-RPG account  (Read 975 times)

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Alternate/Shared c-RPG account
« on: March 30, 2012, 06:13:01 am »
I haven't really seen anything in the rules about this, but I did see a thread about how to change CD keys.

So I was basically wondering if it's okay if I played on my brother's cRPG account.  He's got a 2H character that I'd really like to play, but I don't want to mess with my main character's build.  That was kind of irrelevant to the question but whatever.  :mrgreen:

Also, if this is allowed in the rules, to what extent would strategus be impacted?  I won't play strategus for him but would I be allowed to accrue gold on his character by playing his account?
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
Re: Alternate/Shared c-RPG account
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2012, 04:09:26 pm »
I haven't really seen anything in the rules about this, but I did see a thread about how to change CD keys.

So I was basically wondering if it's okay if I played on my brother's cRPG account.  He's got a 2H character that I'd really like to play, but I don't want to mess with my main character's build.  That was kind of irrelevant to the question but whatever.  :mrgreen:

Also, if this is allowed in the rules, to what extent would strategus be impacted?  I won't play strategus for him but would I be allowed to accrue gold on his character by playing his account?

Yes you're allowed to play on somebody elses account afaik. What you can't do is have multiple cd-keys of your own. I don't see why it wouldn't be allowed, who would know? Just go fuck around with his character for a bit. The only way it would go against the rules would be because you are using multiple accounts on the same ip. (Assuming you live with your brother on a shared router). You should post in this thread here: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,18514.0.html so you don't get banned.

(click to show/hide)

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2012, 07:27:41 pm »
The only way it would go against the rules would be because you are using multiple accounts on the same ip. (Assuming you live with your brother on a shared router).
Nope, we played from the same IP once like four months ago but we haven't been banned so I felt no need to post in that thread.

We'd be flagged again, of course, but I won't play two at once because that's pretty obviously against the rules.  :mrgreen:
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2012, 07:44:24 pm »
post in this thread here http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,18514.0.html so you don't get banned.

If you post in this thread without actually having been banned for it already, you'll get a warning. Just saying. PM Meow and tell him what's up, instead.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Kreczor

• Earl
  • Renown: 332
  • Infamy: 204
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: the qt crew
  • Game nicks: Kreczor_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Kreczor
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2012, 08:05:52 pm »
If you post in this thread without actually having been banned for it already, you'll get a warning. Just saying. PM Meow and tell him what's up, instead.
Welp, ya learn something new everyday.