Author Topic: archery server  (Read 1746 times)

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: archery server
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2012, 06:01:05 pm »
+1
This is one thing i hate, Fucking bs archers saying get a shield. I would get a shield if my build would allow it. I could waste some points to shield skill it might be very usefull too, but then the other problem is the slots. I have no fucking room for shield as a cav(lance and 2h sword 4/4 slots) i think as cav you should have lets say about room for like 3 2-slot weapons or shield etc, you carry lance and shield for example and your horse carrys the thrid weapon (2h sword)  8-) so now stop saying "get shield you cunt"
off the topic a little :D but make a only archer server, would be great to see few archers on the rest of the servers , archers are really killing the fun.

Wow... there are still people believing the "get a shield" fallacy :o

Getting a shield :
- Makes you slower, which means you'll never reach the runners anyway. Trying to dodge with the shield down will result in failure. Trying to dodge with the shield up... well yeah but you need your shield down in order to move faster than a peasant in gothic plate.
- Does not protect you effectively, as an a projectile coming at you in an angle that isn't exactly where you are looking at will hit you anyway
- Steals you skill points, which could be invested in useful skills such as PS or athletics
- Does not protect any of your teammates. When it does, you don't move and are being useless.
- Breaks. Fast.
- In the case you manage to reach a ranged player, does not help you at all fighting him. Slows down your attacks and you movement and forces you into using weapons with short reach, which means you are subject to being trapped into a block battle, kicked, and reach abused.
- Is supposed to "bump" ranged players you come in contact with, but that "bump" is a joke from M&B devs, as it basically does nothing and happens more or less one hour after you finally reached your target.

respec. cav+1h+shield.

get a shield u cunt.

Mentioning cav when I suppose you are trying to list ranged counters makes me think you have no idea how things work ingame. The only class in this game that is remotely close to a ranged counter without being ranged itself is ninjas.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:03:34 pm by Kafein »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2012, 06:05:14 pm »
I think it's a good idea. I would join with my alt archer.

Would also like to see a melee server with the requirement that you must spawn with a horse.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2012, 06:06:16 pm by Riddaren »

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2012, 06:09:49 pm »
I think it's a good idea. I would join with my alt archer.

Would also like to see a melee server with the requirement that you must spawn with a horse.

Well that wouldn't work if people started to go pike and spawn on a sumpter

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2012, 06:46:28 pm »
Well that wouldn't work if people started to go pike and spawn on a sumpter

Boring. That is not allowed on any populated server that I know of.

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 29, 2012, 07:00:51 pm »
Boring. That is not allowed on any populated server that I know of.

I meant spawning on horse, dismounting and playing with your pike.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2012, 07:18:51 pm »
Yeah, the idea behind a melee only server is that melees can run around in straight lines without watching out for incoming projectiles.

No ranged player would ever join a ranged only server since ranged duels are kinda boring, mainly due to the projectile speed.

If they wanna find out who the better ranged player is they can just duel like everyone else.

This 100%

besides, I play archer to shoot at cav, not other archers or melee.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Rextard

• Knight
  • Renown: 39
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Rextard, Rextardero, CornstablePonyGaper, CornporalCannonFodder
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2012, 03:16:41 am »
+1
I would love an archery server, and would leave regular battles for it. It'd be nice to actually use all my arrows once in a while.

Offline Niemand

• Count
  • Renown: 210
  • Infamy: 368
  • cRPG Player
  • When have I ever given a fuck?
    • View Profile
    • echstreme.designs
  • Faction: Strat: NPC
  • Game nicks: GSU_GlaucomysDragon
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2012, 09:06:10 am »
Strategus-Faction: NPC. (More informations via Mail. Include your Username or mail-adress for response.)
Phase/Stage #1: Max-amount of Goods: 50. | Max-Troops: 200.