Author Topic: We need a no cav server.  (Read 3866 times)

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
Re: We need a no cav server.
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2012, 04:05:17 pm »
Nah, just rename it Cavalry-RPG, ban anyone who isn't cav.

Because 20-25% of people are cavalry at any given time (usually seems less than this)?  Are you considered an "emo"?  Do you over-react to everything in life?  You want to rename the game because 1/4 of the people are cavalry?  :lol:

Some of you just wear the silly on the shirt of your sleeve.

And last favourite: Calling people idiots because they state their opinion that actually many players share. :rolleyes:

What's that opinion, that 20-20% of people on cavalry is too many?  Yeah, those people ARE idiots.

here's the NA1 battle stats from a month or two ago:
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,27409.0.html

Look under the first category you will see "Polearm (Mounted)" accounts for 12.6% of total damage dealt.  Crossbow (mounted) 2.6%, one hand mounted 2.4%, 2h mounted 1.9%, bow mounted 1.4% and thrown mounted .2%. 

Let's bust out the handy calculator...21.1% if we round up.  So of all the damage done on NA1 battle server, 21% was done by mounted units, and people want to act like Cavalry is being used too much?

I repeat, is 1 out of 5 people on horse back too many for you to handle?  Maybe Mount and Blade isn't the right game for you then.

Common sense, I has it.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:12:50 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2012, 04:17:43 pm »
it's so fun for an infantry player to constantly be swivelling around to watch for the approach of cavalry who are just trying to sneak around and watch for a player to be engaged then backstab him. You guys think people login to M&B to deal with that sort of shit? No they want to swordfight people not play sentry duty against honourless backstabbers. You tell people to keep watch behind, but you guys are all watching for the infantry to get distracted so then you can pounce.

Really funny also to see some of the cav defenders in here are also lancing courser riders, with like 8 riding skill and a +3 courser, using the fastest horse possible just so they can more effectively swoop in to distracted people from behind and lance them before they have a chance to react. Pretty much the lamest possible gamestyle built 100% to avoid confrontation and not to give an opponent a chance to react cuz you come in so fast.

Cav is OP against infantry with very little downside, you get to wreck people with a massive speed bonus and when you are eventually dehorsed you still get to keep fighting as a footman (or claim someone elses horse) without a scratch on you for your trouble of falling down at high speed while entangled with a 1500lb animal (something which in real life commonly shattered bones or killed riders).

This is wrecking battle server now cuz  now it's fairly common to see 25% of people as cavalry, I expect this to steadily increase as more people go cav with the downside balance mechanism of it (high costs) being shattered cuz people can now easily cover it with a loompoint sale. Battle is now a cav & archer fest, if you are an infantry player who actually wants to focus on clashing with other infantry, stick to siege and strategus battles (where cav is still properly checked by cost limitations).

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #32 on: March 28, 2012, 04:23:02 pm »

What's that opinion, that 20-20% of people on cavalry is too many?  Yeah, those people ARE idiots.

Maybe you should read first and than throw around numbers etc.

I referred to the statement the guy quoted, namely that lance cav is easy-mode and op. That is an opinion many people share. And if you like other people's opinions or not, it doesn't make them idiots you know? :rolleyes:

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #33 on: March 28, 2012, 04:28:27 pm »
Maybe you should read first and than throw around numbers etc.

I referred to the statement the guy quoted, namely that lance cav is easy-mode and op. That is an opinion many people share. And if you like other people's opinions or not, it doesn't make them idiots you know? :rolleyes:

When they ignore facts and continue to go with their "truthy" feeling in their gut despite evidence to the contrary, they are idiots.

See my edited post, I give you hard numbers.  People can debate all day whether lance cav is easy mode or not, I could care less. I'm referring to the "OP" part of the comments.  Cavalry is not over powered, look at the stats.  You can "feel" however you want, but when empirical evidence can show that you're wrong, then you just need to :

Turbo it's a team game.  Every class has strengths and weaknesses.  For a team to be "good" it needs to embrace all the different classes and play styles and work together to compliment each other.  Pikemen holding off cavalry, shielders protecting 2h's, archers shooting enemy horses.  There's lots of ways to employ tactics that embrace the strengths of your teams' classes, it's up to the players to do so.

Pikemen keep cavalry at bay, end of discussion, close thread.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:30:48 pm by CrazyCracka420 »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
« Reply #34 on: March 28, 2012, 04:47:31 pm »
When they ignore facts and continue to go with their "truthy" feeling in their gut despite evidence to the contrary, they are idiots.

See my edited post, I give you hard numbers.  People can debate all day whether lance cav is easy mode or not, I could care less. I'm referring to the "OP" part of the comments.  Cavalry is not over powered, look at the stats.

Well, lance-cav is easy-mode, if you agree or not. If it's difficult for you I'm sorry :/

What I meant when it came to op was more that there is just too much cav on servers.

But the op thing is always based on opinions, regardless what stats say.

Some people consider a class that has high speed + speedbonus + a lance that is much longer than most other weapons which is mostly a onehitkill, with horses that can change direction faster than every prokid on a bmx, as op.
Some people don't.
Just because they are not the highest in numbers doesn't mean they are not op.
You want to show me exact numbers to prove what you say, but where are the numbers telling me how many people play a 2h weapon as infantry and how many play lance-cav for example?
Compare percentage of kills with percentage of players using a certain thing BEFORE you throw half of the numbers out to prove anything ;)
If that would be a work at uni to prove anything you would have failed due to bad research, biased conclusion and unexact numbers or whatever the official reason for that are.

Just accept that others might have a different opinion instead of calling them all idiots and trying to be mr smart who knows everything

Cheers

« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 04:50:28 pm by Gisbert_of_Thuringia »

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #35 on: March 28, 2012, 04:53:29 pm »
An axe can count under blade^^

Sword = blade

axe = head

:P
Turtles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2012, 05:04:09 pm »
Sword = blade

axe = head

:P

rom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A blade is a sharp cutting part, for instance of a weapon or tool.

So the head of an axe still has a blade ;)

And some online dictionnaries also give Axtklinge (axeblade) as one translation for blade :p

And in German for example it is commonly used to say Axtblatt, which blade can also stand for :D

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2012, 05:17:04 pm »
Turbo it's a team game.  Every class has strengths and weaknesses.  For a team to be "good" it needs to embrace all the different classes and play styles and work together to compliment each other.  Pikemen holding off cavalry, shielders protecting 2h's, archers shooting enemy horses.  There's lots of ways to employ tactics that embrace the strengths of your teams' classes, it's up to the players to do so.

Pikemen keep cavalry at bay, end of discussion, close thread.

That's fine in theory, in reality my idea of fun and challenging "team" gameplay is not to be some cav speedbump having to constantly swivel 360 so I can track jetbike courser lancers, and generally avoid fighting other infantry (cuz that's what cav are waiting for, so they can sweep in on my back).

Like I said, enjoy the cav/archerfest on battle, I'll be just be on siege/rageball or strategus where infantry are still relevant and not just chump fodder for OP cav.

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2012, 05:25:07 pm »
I'll be just be on siege/rageball or strategus where infantry are still relevant and not just chump fodder for OP cav.

And fodder for annoying pinpoint sniper-archers with rusbows, hornbows and nowadays all other cheap bows, too...

Offline Son Of Odin

• King
  • Renown: 1856
  • Infamy: 338
  • Sky belongs to Asagods as long as the raven flies.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Son_Of_Odin
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2012, 05:50:23 pm »
what we need is only cav server
THIS! I want to own nabs without my old friendchers or infantrymy old friends distracting my joy :mrgreen:

There is no sight in my third eye

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2012, 07:29:53 pm »
+3
cav > unaware infantry
cav < ranged
cav =< aware infantry
cav = cav

ranged > cav
ranged > infantry
ranged = ranged

infantry = infantry
infantry < cav
aware infantry >= cav
infantry < ranged

looks to me like cav is the only balanced class as far as counters go, as it checks itself, usually beats (UNAWARE) infantry and gets destroyed by ranged.

infantry is usually the saddest class to play because you get destroyed by everything else in the game

but ranged.. ranged is the really shitty thing in this game, easily, and 1 arrow can take off 90 percent of a coursers hp with negative speed bonus shot to the body (happened to me yesterday from 50+ yards away as i rode away from the archer)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 07:33:32 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2012, 07:33:35 pm »
cav > unaware infantry
cav < ranged
cav =< aware infantry
cav = cav

ranged > cav
ranged > infantry
ranged = ranged

infantry = infantry
infantry < cav
aware infantry >= cav
infantry < ranged

looks to me like cav is the only balanced class as far as counters go, as it checks itself, usually beats (UNAWARE) infantry and gets destroyed by ranged.

infantry is usually the saddest class to play because you get destroyed by everything else in the game

but ranged.. ranged is the really shitty thing in this game, easily, and 1 arrow can take off 90 percent of a coursers hp with negative speed bonus shot to the body (happened to me yesterday from 50+ yards away)

I wish I could sig this.

Everything in this post is true, and everything about cRPG balance which is not compliant with this post is false.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2012, 07:39:28 pm »
+2
That's just the typical comment of a cavplayer...

The only people they kill are noobs, idiots or people being afk.

When I am melee I'm so fucking epic that every horse around me either just dies or turns around cause I'm soo scary :rolleyes: I never get killed by a horse *uhuh*

And last favourite: Calling people idiots because they state their opinion that actually many players share. :rolleyes:

bundle of sticks

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #43 on: March 28, 2012, 08:12:15 pm »
rom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search

A blade is a sharp cutting part, for instance of a weapon or tool.

So the head of an axe still has a blade ;)

And some online dictionnaries also give Axtklinge (axeblade) as one translation for blade :p

And in German for example it is commonly used to say Axtblatt, which blade can also stand for :D

Fine, axes can stay. all else = ban
Turtles

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 28, 2012, 08:21:03 pm »
bundle of sticks

Just proving I was right, thx alot  :lol:

Fine, axes can stay. all else = ban

Owned Casi^^