Author Topic: [Unban Request] Killed a teammate tk'ing for the rageball  (Read 277 times)

Offline Deracination

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
[Unban Request] Killed a teammate tk'ing for the rageball
« on: March 26, 2012, 05:19:49 pm »
I was playing goalie on my archer (Arokae).  I passed it out of the goal to a nearby teammate, who began to run it forward.  Meanwhile, an unarmored teammate with a club that had spent a fair amount of time behind our goal or in the corner ran up, clubbed the teammate that was trying to be productive with the ball, and took the ball.  He ran back behind our goal towards the corner.  Note that there were no enemies for a LONG way.  So, seeing a guy club a teammate and then run off with the ball in the worst direction possible, I shot him.  He had taken a hit already from the teammate who had had the ball clubbed away from him, so he died.  After that, I was booted and banned.  I think I had had one prior report in the match before for being an idiot and shooting into a far-away crowd of enemies and teammates.  I stopped doing that, but now I'm banned for trying to keep someone from ruining the game for us.

Offline Paul

• Developer
  • Renown: 1879
  • Infamy: 442
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ball bounce boss
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Urist
Re: [Unban Request] Killed a teammate tk'ing for the rageball
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2012, 05:28:11 pm »
The one with the club was the goalie, trying to set up a long kick. That was also stated in chat. To gain speed and thus kick range he had to run a bit. Sometimes the goalie accidently goes out of the goalie area for this. You went into the goalie area preventing the kick, then passing to someone who seemed afk. The former goalie took back the ball, trying to set up another kick(no enemies near), which you prevented with an intended teamkill. Also, your ban only lasted 10 minutes.