Author Topic: Most recent patch is causing mayhem  (Read 474 times)

Offline Deracination

• Peasant
  • Renown: 9
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Most recent patch is causing mayhem
« on: March 26, 2012, 12:37:20 pm »
I updated using the launcher about a week ago after a few-month break from Warband.  It worked fine and I played on the servers for a while.  Then, after the latest patch, Warband as a whole stopped working.  Starting it up in cRPG would crash immediately, and native would crash after the first loading bar finished.  I ended up deleting cRPG, messing with a lot of settings, and deleting rgl_config.txt.  That made native work, but now I'm getting ridiculous amounts of lag in native and every other mod, lag I had never had before.  Now, after uninstalling cRPG, I made sure to get the most up-to-date launcher (which is REALLY hard to find), and went about reinstalling.  The launcher launched, and would download up to a certain point before freezing.  It was never the same point, and cancelling and restarting or closing and re-opening would start the whole download over again.  I also noticed that there were no files appearing in the mod directory mid-download, although the folder was created.  I tried that several times, with no success, before finding the unofficial launcher.  That stopped mid-download several times before FINALLY completing.  Now, using the mod created by that launcher, the mod launches, but again crashes as soon as the first loading bar completes.  I uninstalled this newest installation and try an older official launcher.  That works without a hitch, lets me launch the game fine, loads, and lets me connect to a server.  I now have about 400 ping, which spikes to 600 occasionally.  This is about double the previously-increased lag amount; I was originally under 100 ping, then I went to over 200, and now I'm over 400.  I have no idea what this patch has done to my game, but I'm really confused.