Poll

Nerf Cavalry?

No, it is perfectly in balance.
No, but damage done to horse could be adjusted.
No, but remove forcefield on horse caused by shield.
Yes, nerf damage and boost horses to balance nerf.
Yes, nerf speed bonus for lance thrust.
Yes, nerf couched lance.
Yes, remove possibility to attack both sides with lance.
No, buff cav.
No, but there should be chance for lance to break.
Couched lance should be only avaible with Great lance and Jousting lance.

Author Topic: Nerf Couched!  (Read 5668 times)

Offline LastKaze

• Baron
  • Renown: 126
  • Infamy: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: LastKaze
  • IRC nick: LastKaze
Re: Nerf Couched!
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2012, 12:10:24 am »
+1
I think the lance should break if your couching someone wearing heavy armor, or atleast 25% chance of the lance breaking after couching.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Jarlek

• King
  • Renown: 1173
  • Infamy: 307
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The walking wiki
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Jarlek_The_Blue, Jarla, Jarlen, Jarler, Jarlec, Jarled OH GOD ALL THESE ALTS
  • IRC nick: Jarlek
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2012, 12:12:16 am »
+2
Today I saw an ally of mine be couched by a guy on a destrier. My ally was standing pretty much still, took it in the chest, but survived. I stood there dumbfolded, thinking "the FUCK did they do with couch damage?". Buff it.

Also useless poll is useless. Two options for "No, but increase damage to horse" but NO options for the simple, and pretty obvious choice "No, buff them". Even if you don't AGREE that it should be buffed, you'll have to agree that it should be in the poll. What we have no is a poll between "keep it as it is" and different variations of nerfing cav. Biased like a bawse!

PS: I like the "lance is 0slot, x% chance of breaking" idea.
This game isn't about being skillful as much as its about saying things in general chat that enrage people who then go to murder you but in their rage they make dumb mistakes which gets them killed.
In memory of Jarlek_zeh_Blue, ruler of Ilvia

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 12:22:23 am »
+1
Super biased poll. If anything should be done about couched lances, it's :

- Buffing the damage. It's so weak even some archers can survive a couched lance nowadays.
- Fixing the animation glitches.
- Increasing the speed of horses and reducing the impact of slopes on speed. With heavy horses it's difficult to start a couched lance attack because you can barely reach the needed speed.

Offline Joker86

• Mad & Bad
  • King
  • Renown: 1226
  • Infamy: 324
  • cRPG Player
  • Why so serious?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Companions
  • Game nicks: Joker86_TP
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2012, 02:25:58 am »
+1
Honestly, in my opinion everyone who dies to a cavalryman and was NOT distracted by fighting another melee is the only one who is to blame for his death.

Cavalry is the only class which can't really attack if the enemy knows where you are, except for shielders maybe. If infantry players wouldn't suck so much concerning awareness and teamplay, cavalry couldn't make any kills at all. If anything, cavalry needs a buff in many stats, at leat in theory, but with so many players who literally suck at fighting cav (they act like cav didn't exist on the field - they just run in a straight line towards enemy infantry, while listening to music in the background  :rolleyes: ), you need to nerf them to a ridiculous level to fit them to the reality on the servers. That's why armoured horses need to get oneshotted into the legs, which is completely retarded, but I can't really support a buff for them, unless the average player behaviour on the servers doesn't change.

I say leave everything as it is.
Joker makes a very good point.
î saved for eternety (without context  :mrgreen:)

Offline Argoth

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Argoth
« Reply #19 on: March 26, 2012, 04:03:04 am »
So let me get this straight, a horse at full gallop which is going 40-50 MPH (64-80 KPH) (or an armored horse which is going about 30 MPH 48KPH) and a couched lance with all the force and speed of the horse behind it, you think wouldnt one hit your horse/rider/infantryman? It would go straight through that fucking horse or infantryman.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 04:09:59 am by Argoth »

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2012, 06:12:19 am »
+1
Yes, but also with this speed you can choose unaware targets. And 70% of players is unaware. Reloading xbowers, aiming archers, charging shielders etc...
And this speed is very good if you prefer Boom-zoom tactics - only possible tactics with great lance.

Saying that something is OP when your opponents are dumb isn't a good reason.

Offline Haze_The_Hobo

• Baron
  • Renown: 139
  • Infamy: 296
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Pantheon
  • Game nicks: Pantheon_Haze_The_Hobo Haze_Ze_PewPew
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2012, 06:44:46 am »
So let me get this straight, a horse at full gallop which is going 40-50 MPH (64-80 KPH) (or an armored horse which is going about 30 MPH 48KPH) and a couched lance with all the force and speed of the horse behind it, you think wouldnt one hit your horse/rider/infantryman? It would go straight through that fucking horse or infantryman.

So let me get this straight, i hit you in the head with big ass sword in full speed and you survive my attack, but i am supposed to die to yours?

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • Infamy: 143
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2012, 06:47:47 am »
On my 5 riding character 24/15 with no cav looms and heavy lance and large warhorse (so not very fast), a couch 1shot an 11 IF, full heavy plate guy. I thought that was pretty ridiculous, when he would probably take at least 4-5 hits from my steel pick (anti-tincan weapon).

I think speed bonus should be harsher for cav. Speed bonus should work more against him. If I get hit, I lose like 20-40% unless it's from a full frontal assault where I get hit very hard for like 70%. Whenever I stab someone from horse, I know they felt a lot of damage, even if I wasn't going too fast.

I have ~55 armor all around and 40 leg armor.

You shouldn't be able to fully knockdown someone at 5mph (I can turn around, move my heavy horse like 4-8 meters and that's fast enough to knockdown).
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:56:51 am by san. »

Offline Argoth

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 61
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Argoth
« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2012, 06:56:50 am »
+2
All of you are retarded, a 2,000 LB warhorse would have no problem knocking a 180-220 LB human even going 5 miles an hour.
and screw this armor bullshit, realistically, you would all be fucked, even 11 IF plate bundle of stickss

I mean think about it, would you have problem knocking down a 40 lb 3 year old if you were speed walking? no not one bit unless you are 3 years old yourself
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 06:59:39 am by Argoth »

Offline San

• Developer
  • Renown: 1456
  • 1/Sympathy = Divide By Zero
    • View Profile
    • My youtube Brawl videos
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: San_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: San
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2012, 06:58:38 am »
Whatever speed slightly faster than walking but less than jogging is.

Offline Wookimonsta

• Hoopy frood
  • Count
  • Renown: 206
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2012, 11:28:40 am »
DERP DERP DERP DERPI DERP DERP

first off, couch doesn't ensure OHK. I've been hit by couch and survived, just ask templar vincent, i couched him (If you know what i mean) and he stayed alive.

Slow horses do less damage with couch than fast horses. Fast horses are made out of glass and will explode if you look at em wrong.

Person couching is very vulnerable. The couch range is quite short with a heavy lance (which is what almost everyone is using) and a lot of weapons outrange the couch.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
<dexxtaa> I just saw nakey ladies and I left
<@Fasader> dexxtaa is clearly gay

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2012, 11:31:01 am »
Oh boy

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2012, 11:40:06 am »
Yes, nerf speed bonus for lance thrust. Its one hit K.O., cant be like that. Mostly cavalry is on the top score list. Also get rid of this crap, when they "tickle" you with horse, and you just fall down.
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline BlindGuy

• Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 583
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • De oppresso liber et plus ultra.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2012, 11:49:14 am »
+1
STOP posting in this thread, and an admin move it to spam pls:

I havent played cav for over 18 months now, at all, not even on an alt. During that time many things have made me rage about cav: The invisible phantom range of 1handers, being bumped THEN lanced (Not possible IRL since the distance from lance fulcrum point to ground is lesser than lance length, therefor cannot stab things below/behind them...but o well).

During this time I played many and very varied infantry and ranged classes. All I have seen is cavalry, especially polearm cav, get weaker and easier to predict and kill. They have had their surviveability massively reduced by making ALL horses a 1hit with a decent weapon to legs. They have had their most historically realistic close up fighting style taken from them: fighting of the left side of horse, behind shield, stabbing repeatedly. They really got a lot taken away from them.

BEFORE all these nerfs, JUST as now, their LEAST dangerous weapon WAS/IS the couch: To see the rider aproach is all it takes to not get couched. You can choose a massive variety of ways to avoid couching: Keyboard buttons A and S make you couch safe, jumping combined with these makes you couch safe, spearing the horse make you couch safe, shooting the rider or his shield makes you couch safe. Sometimes standing completely still when they expect you to run makes you couch safe. Trees make you couch safe, fences mae you couch safe, shields and teammates make you couch safe. Slight inclines in the ground make you couch safe. Water makes you couch safe. TBH, you have to a stupid unaware twat to get couched 99% of the time:

Sometimes, when fighting many others, sure, you will get couched: At this point, does it matter that the FIFTH guy ganking you Couched you? No, you would have been just as dead from any other well built class backstabbing you.

THE ONLY REASON I can see for this thread being started: OP is heavy armour crutching tool, probably got a crossbow, doesnt look around, isnt aware, doesnt have sound and has built his character so badly he cannot even evade the most predictable and least efficient attack in the game.

This is a definite /end to this thread, all posts below this will just confirm that I'm right, couching is not dangerous unless you are playing blindfolded with the sound off.
I don't know enough

Offline Molly

• King
  • Renown: 1860
  • Infamy: 693
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • For the glorious Khorin...
  • Game nicks: Molly
« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2012, 12:02:12 pm »
+1
Damage and Couch aren't the real problem but the massive amount of cav lately is.
Playing on EU1 it's not a rare thing to have 20 and even more cavs "trolling" the server. Esspecially on small maps it's just pain in the ass with so many horses around.
And thanks to banner-balance they tend to be on one team mostly too...
When west germany annexed east germany, nobody moved a finger too.