Author Topic: What made you rage?  (Read 5619 times)

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
Re: What made you rage?
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2012, 03:55:34 pm »
Shit I would commit suicide if I had to finish Demon Souls without understanding a single word of it. I hope you used some kind of walkthrough/guide. Because otherwise I'd definetly call a therapist. I heard about the Dark Souls on pc thing. Would be awesome, but I'm not sure the studio said anything about it.

Dark Souls is simply better in many ways, but lacks the magic of some sequences of Demon's Souls. The most remarquable thing about Dark Souls IMO is that the world is one fucking big spaghetti with only 2 or 3 "portals". Everything is really there, placed in a way it works without levels overlapping each other etc. despite the abundant shortcuts. Demon's Soul had the best level design I knew of, and Dark Souls goes to a new level.

Dark Souls could be considered the hard one because there's a big difference between bosses in DeS and DaS. In DeS, bosses tend to be unkillable if you fight them just like normal monsters, attacking, blocking and dodging. Most of the boss arenas are glitchy and the game often is about finding which glitch can get you an easy victory. In DaS, bosses have reasonable stats, but you really have to fight most of them the hard way.

But still, most of the "hard" boss fights in DaS are more accurately described as tedious than hard. The difficulty of both games is pretty close, that's for sure. And due to the non-linear nature of both games, the difficulty each player faces is bound to the order in which he does the levels, the player's class, playstyle... For example, quite early in the game I reached both the entrance of the sewers and the 2 gargoiles boss fight. I had troubles with the gargoyles so I started and finished the sewers without dying a single time... then I spent quite a few lives to kill the gaping dragon (that was not hard tbh, just very long), and only then I tried the gargoyles again and killed them. Then I read on the web that most people considered the sewers a super hard place, and the gargoyles quite easy, although I really had to try them a lot of times, with totally OP gear (+3 raw claymore iirc) before making it.

I would say dark souls is harder but that it's not hard in the same way demon's souls was. In demon's souls it felt to me that you only really won because of your technique and because of trial and error. In dark souls I could just simply clear the game with a +1 lightning zwei/claymore/spear and it wouldn't really matter about how good I am. The bosses were stronger but after beating them I didn't get the same feeling that I got after beating a boss in demon's souls. I remember play demon's souls in japanese and I never once used the healing grass because I didn't know what it was untill I got the NA version. Dark souls is more like a str build and Demon's souls is more like an agi build. Sort of.

Offline Herkkutatti

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 149
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2012, 04:20:34 pm »
Bad maps,Archers,Xbow mens,agiwhores(more than 15 agi),HA/HX,Run and shoot F4gchers=all archers,Throwing trolls with 8 ath,couched lances, Bullshit animation fails,OP archers, 1 hitting archers, 2 hitting archers,CAv bumb damage 50% hp,katana,scimitar
Lol, people put - because they don't like my rage against those what i have lsited
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 06:58:07 pm by joosto »
/l
(゚、 。 7
l、 ~ヽ
じしf_, )ノ Nerf archery ,please!

Offline BlackMilk

• Polearm Lover
  • Earl
  • Renown: 370
  • Infamy: 144
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: el_Banduri
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2012, 05:36:30 pm »
I'm ok with being killed by archers/1handers/2handers/crossbowmen/shielders but I allways rage when a cav or even worse a polearmer gets me. It takes 0 skill to kill someone with a glaive/couch someone at the spawn.

Offline RandomDude

• Earl
  • Renown: 431
  • Infamy: 43
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • I play now! but I suck =(
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: RandomDude
  • IRC nick: RandomDude
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2012, 02:24:18 am »
The fucking 1h's that follow me round and block all my swings by face hugging my ass.

Yes keep your shield up. You wont be hurt and that guy im trying to kill will be safe also.

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2012, 03:13:17 am »
+2
When I click either the lmb or rmb during a laggy moment and my character stands there like a dolt because it didn't register. Stab whifs have been annoying me lately too.

Also, Dark Souls was a lot of fun until I gave up on the four kings when I realized all of the boss battles up to that point were about getting off ~100 swings while trying not to get hit 2-4 times in a row.
And how!

Offline HELM

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • Infamy: 17
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2012, 08:38:04 pm »
+1
Pike thrust animation = what attack animation???

Mauls in siege

Fighting in a crowd and getting killed by a friendly archer. This is by far the worst. I swear I'm gonna freak and kill every archer on my team one day.

Oh and for the people raging about HX/HA - just come to siege. There are virtually none, as well as way fewer pole staggering hoes. You just have to deal with maulers in very confined spaces, lol.

Offline karasu

• King
  • Renown: 1751
  • Infamy: 316
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • D̶͎̳͒́͗͋ẹ͕̲̠̳̄̃͂ͤ͑ͮṃ̮͎̗̦̏̿͊ͤi̥̪̼͕ͦ̀̊̐ȗ̘rͩ͋̅̊gͭ̿̋
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 26, 2012, 08:44:42 pm »
+3
Players getting ignored by the devs/admins.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #37 on: March 26, 2012, 08:46:35 pm »
Devs/Admins getting ignored by the players.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #38 on: March 26, 2012, 08:47:29 pm »
+1
Players getting ignored by the devs/admins.

+1

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #39 on: March 26, 2012, 09:11:02 pm »
Losing to people you shouldn't lose to.  I hate when I'm off my game/make stupid mistakes that get me killed.

I also have the expectation to be as successful in duels etc when I'm leveling when compared to being level 30.  When I lose a duel while level 24+, I sometimes get pissed off even though I know I'm at a disadvantage.
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline XyNox

• Marshall
  • Renown: 801
  • Infamy: 219
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Quincy Clan
  • Game nicks: Quincy_XyNox
« Reply #40 on: March 26, 2012, 09:19:50 pm »
Fighting in a crowd and getting killed by a friendly archer. This is by far the worst. I swear I'm gonna freak and kill every archer on my team one day.

THIS makes me rage.

Inmy old friendtry refusing to work as a team although they know allied ranged is close by. Instead of spazzing around like an epileptic crackwhore having a seizure you could just backpaddel and block for a second so your mate gets a clean shot, either stunning the enemy or headshotting him instantly, raising the chance of win for this particular fight to 90%.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #41 on: March 26, 2012, 11:23:13 pm »
Nightime.

Offline Lemmy_Winks

• Count
  • Renown: 241
  • Infamy: 230
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lemmy_Winks
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2012, 11:42:16 pm »
+1
Horse xbow/archers. Also throwers, you cant aim the projectile so any noob can play the class as well as anyone else its just luck where it hits, and throwing does so much damage it one shots me or my horse alot of the time. They also Tk alot due to not being able to aim the projectile.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:44:18 pm by Lemmy_Winks »

Offline wanteds

• Earl
  • Renown: 396
  • Infamy: 133
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: polelord
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2012, 05:14:06 am »
+1
Archers, their pinpoint accuracy from ridiculous distance (even higher efficient range than xbows), that (sometimes) deals more damage than getting full hit by a Danish in my 60 body armor gear is "Fuckin Bullshit".

And if you ever reach them, they just start running like a horse and they'll be thinking like "Sucker, catch me if u can muhahahaha"

What makes me rage even more is getting a hit in on an archer from behind, with 8 or 9 power strike, and even tho they are practically naked, they sometimes survives the hit ffs (WTF), and they equip their mace and start ninja'ing the shit out of u. rrrrrrrrage

Offline Nehvar

• Duke
  • Renown: 550
  • Infamy: 64
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2012, 06:08:43 am »
+1
*When an opponent steps into my character model and becomes unblockable.  Sometimes they stay there for two or three hits before I'm able to put a few inches between us.  Usually, though, I just die due to the whole unblockable thing.

*The sheer volume of ranged and cavalry on NA servers.  I rarely get to enjoy melee because I'm constantly looking out for that next arrow/lance-to-the-back.

*Slopes. Buggy-ass slopes. Fuck. Slopes.

*Rain.  I have eight athletics but it's a waste since it rains all the time.  Should have pumped strength like everyone else.

*Cheaters--be they autoblockers, macro-feinters, botters or whatever.
WSE2 gives us the key to a wonderful world of butthurt...