Author Topic: What made you rage?  (Read 5626 times)

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
Re: What made you rage?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2012, 04:46:14 am »
I think the better question is: What HASN'T made you rage?

Straw hats. Can't seem to find a reason to hate them.

Offline Bothersome_Aldryk

• Baron
  • Renown: 124
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2012, 04:46:47 am »
+4
Let's see. Slopes. Fuck slopes, holy shit this engine handles them poorly. Even if you disregard the silliness of "I HAVE THE LOW GROUND, YOU CANNOT WIN", the way that slowing down is handled, strangeness of jumps, etc, they still piss me off. Slopes can go die.

Cavalry. Fuck off. When a map has like 2 minutes of walking before I finally get to the action, I would love to be able to autowalk most of the way there. But nope, goddamn cav are forcing me to sit there and count the trees that I have counted three thousand times before. Also, they bump me, and I hate them for it.

Ranged. Stop shooting me. I swear to god I am going to spend the next round sneaking up on you and murdering you if you keep shooting me.

Large groups of heavily armored people with long weapons intermixed. One of the few situations where I might actually enjoy playing ranged more than glorious melee. Clusterfucks can get off the D.

I'm sure there is more, but that should be good enough for now.

EDIT:
Oh yeah! I forgot two of the major causes of rage. Phasing through people in melee. Nothing like someone walking straight through another person to make melee AWESOME. Also, it's not quite the same, but when your client reports an incorrect position of your opponent after they touch your hitbox, that is absolutely retarded. I hate losing a duel or winning a duel due to a difference in position clientside versus server side.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 04:51:51 am by Bothersome_Aldryk »

Offline Jester

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 3
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2012, 05:41:51 am »
Rudeness. I get frustrated with a lot of things, but nothing gets me more than some uneducated nudnuk being completely rude to me.

This is a game, but for god sake, these are real people behind these avatars. Please try to be nice to each other.
haha, thats my sig now dexxxta. hahahaha
Dexxtaa: "Rudeness. I get frustrated with a lot of things, but nothing gets me more than some uneducated nudnuk being completely rude to me.

This is a game, but for god sake, these are real people behind these avatars. Please try to be nice to each other."

Offline Tomas_of_Miles

• Count
  • Renown: 263
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
  • Inactive
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Rusty mercenary siege engineer
  • Game nicks: Something with Tomas in it
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2012, 06:10:05 am »
Being spammed to death by a polearm s-key warrior/being killed at point blank range by a halo jumper with a pike/longspear whilst in plate. What pisses me off the most is I'd be pretty confident even with my inferior physical fitness to fight someone in that exact same situation IRL. Of course it's a balance thing, but I don't care, still makes me rage.
Professional poop cleaner

Offline Largg

• Earl
  • Renown: 321
  • Infamy: 36
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2012, 09:25:35 am »
+3
My own inability to play  :(. Being killed by a pesky spammer with 2hander makes me angry. Being angry makes me take unnecessary risks making me die even more. This just makes me more angry until I'm completely mad. It's strange, I consider myself a pretty calm person but this game sometimes can cause so much rage in me.

Offline Savior_of_Death

• Noble
  • Renown: 16
  • Infamy: 44
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Savior_of_Death
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2012, 10:26:01 am »
+2
Bullshit Ghost range from 1 handers.

Edit:Oh how could I forget Pikes/long spears?
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 10:27:38 am by Savior_of_Death »

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2012, 10:31:33 am »
+4
As a defender in siege, killing every enemy at the flag and still lose.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2012, 10:45:00 am »
+1
Armor levels in cRPG.
Doesnt make me rage but sure is annoying and boring.

Offline Reppu

• Knight
  • Renown: 54
  • Infamy: 3
  • Perkele!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Order of Stubborn Knights
  • Game nicks: Reppu
  • IRC nick: Reppu
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2012, 11:07:39 am »
+1
Swords and plastic armors...

Offline Bobthehero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Grandmaster Ultimate God Of Swashbucklin'
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bridgeburners
  • Game nicks: Bobthehero_Whals and I am totally not all the Not_Bobthehero alts ever.
  • IRC nick: Buff Swashbuckling
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2012, 11:17:23 am »
Bleeding hearts liberals.

Oh wait... erm... people who can't take an insult or a rude word or three.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
The Narwhals, dedicated swashbuckler part of FCC

Stabbing is my speciality and one hitting people, my art

Offline kinngrimm

• King
  • Renown: 1026
  • Infamy: 320
    • View Profile
    • The Betrayer of Nations
  • Faction: Wolves of Fenris
  • Game nicks: kinngrimm, Karma
  • IRC nick: kinngrimm
« Reply #25 on: March 25, 2012, 11:44:53 am »
+1
things you can't do anything or not much against it by means of your own skills

- 3+ ranged dudes running away and outmanouvering you till they can shoot you in the back
- bump dmg ( also most annyoing when happens at start from own horses, if you are therefor down half or more it is very frustrating)
- getting oneshotted by cav (meanwhile it is not anymore about couched lances or not, they do it all the time without or with couching)
- chrushtrough (& polestaggering & knockdown in terms of you could have blocked perhaps still if the effects hit you are dead meat)
- finding myself in front of 2+ranged and 2+cav at the same time mostly ends in a combination of bump&shot, which is praticly the most annoying way to die as it combines the most annoying types of dmg
- getting teamwounded or teamkilled, when you just do know anything now counts to win or loose the round
« Last Edit: March 25, 2012, 11:51:05 am by kinngrimm »
learn from the past, live the moment, dream of the future

Offline Artmarius

• Baron
  • Renown: 117
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: You know ma name ....
« Reply #26 on: March 25, 2012, 11:47:57 am »
All shit uh can take. 

Cavs , spammers, hammers , shielders , sneakin guys...

But lag spikes!

x_x

That one damn thing make me off.  Such ragee...  such at right little moment!

always.

ow ye (!)... And ofcrs  stupid ppl\teammates))
StRip Da FleSHH!! SalT Da WounDS!! Muahaha..Ahmmuahaha!!

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 25, 2012, 12:05:07 pm »
+6
The borked and inconsistent game mechanics in this game. Phantom hits/blocks, animation skipping, teleporting, ghost range, early hitting, freezing, ninja horses, lag, glaive swing speed, curved weapons and delayed hits.

Apart from that there is also backpedalling kickslashers, kicks in general, random headshots almost killing you, the time it takes to execute a stab on an incoming horseman, even when he is still miles away he always bumps you before you can stab, random spammers, the teamhits, fighting on slopes and circle maps.

Offline Adamar

• He who doesn't want to be labelled
  • Earl
  • Renown: 422
  • Infamy: 319
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 25, 2012, 12:09:31 pm »
This feels like skyrim with all the ranged hatred.

I hate mauls, and noobs who manage to kill me due to high melee stats rather than skill.

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 25, 2012, 12:37:43 pm »
Playing the original japanese language version of demon's souls was rage inducing. Not only was it hard but I couldn't understand shit. Dark souls was a walk in the park after playing demon's souls for so long. Dark souls is coming out for the pc apparently. Not sure if it's true but it will be cool if it does.

Shit I would commit suicide if I had to finish Demon Souls without understanding a single word of it. I hope you used some kind of walkthrough/guide. Because otherwise I'd definetly call a therapist. I heard about the Dark Souls on pc thing. Would be awesome, but I'm not sure the studio said anything about it.

Damn you guys showing off your souls skills. I never played Demon Souls. Actually I heard that Dark Souls was the harder one, not Demons Souls. Anyways I find it pretty damn hard but when I finally get past a hard part I'm like awwwwwwwww yeahhhh, feels good. Thats what makes this game so addictive.

Dark Souls is simply better in many ways, but lacks the magic of some sequences of Demon's Souls. The most remarquable thing about Dark Souls IMO is that the world is one fucking big spaghetti with only 2 or 3 "portals". Everything is really there, placed in a way it works without levels overlapping each other etc. despite the abundant shortcuts. Demon's Soul had the best level design I knew of, and Dark Souls goes to a new level.

Dark Souls could be considered the hard one because there's a big difference between bosses in DeS and DaS. In DeS, bosses tend to be unkillable if you fight them just like normal monsters, attacking, blocking and dodging. Most of the boss arenas are glitchy and the game often is about finding which glitch can get you an easy victory. In DaS, bosses have reasonable stats, but you really have to fight most of them the hard way.

But still, most of the "hard" boss fights in DaS are more accurately described as tedious than hard. The difficulty of both games is pretty close, that's for sure. And due to the non-linear nature of both games, the difficulty each player faces is bound to the order in which he does the levels, the player's class, playstyle... For example, quite early in the game I reached both the entrance of the sewers and the 2 gargoiles boss fight. I had troubles with the gargoyles so I started and finished the sewers without dying a single time... then I spent quite a few lives to kill the gaping dragon (that was not hard tbh, just very long), and only then I tried the gargoyles again and killed them. Then I read on the web that most people considered the sewers a super hard place, and the gargoyles quite easy, although I really had to try them a lot of times, with totally OP gear (+3 raw claymore iirc) before making it.