Author Topic: Hounour in this game  (Read 2218 times)

Offline tillmash

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UB
Re: Hounour in this game
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2012, 08:01:25 pm »
Bad attitude is also subjective.

People who facehug in the duel server while waiting for the duel to begin, yes those people I have a problem with. people who swing recklessly through team mates even with low ping, that I have a problem with too. Revenge TKing or TWing is a bit of a jerk move as well, there are a lot of examples of bad attitude.

For me, bad attitude is trampling your team mate to steal a kill, but good attitude is helping your friend win a fight. Battle Servers re-enact battles, small scale skirmishes, they are not a tournament on "may the best duelist win." There is a duel server, and to be frank I find your attitude to be bad if you expect and berate Battle Server Players to play like Duel Server Players. If I am fighting someone, and I see you "waiting" to let me finish and don't help me, I find that behavior to be "bad" as it means you are not a team player.

Considering the Fallen Brigade is based on how well you can work as a team if asked to, and not how well you can duel, I find your view of us acceptable as it means we are doing our job correctly and attracting the correct people and keeping undesirables out.

I don't mean the honour to be extreme, it's okay to go an help your mate, it just doesn't take 11 of you to help them, massive dogpiling is what i have a problem with.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2012, 08:02:50 pm »
I don't mean the honour to be extreme, it's okay to go an help your mate...

Then you may want to re-consider your wording on the following, as it is contradicting yourself a bit there:

Have you ever been having a decent battle/dual/fight/standoff with someone?, only to have it interuppted by a yours or theirs teamate coming up behind you or them and ending either of their lives. I'm guessing you have, and I'm guessing it has pissed you off greatly

Don't you fell that the mod would be more enjoyable with more fair fights, instead of constantly worrying about someone coming behind you and stabbing you mid dual?

I suppose we just don't see eye to eye on this. to each their own I suppose.

I do agree that dog-piles do more harm then good, and kill-stealing mentalities are terrible.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:04:19 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline tillmash

• Knight
  • Renown: 37
  • Infamy: 13
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UB
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2012, 08:03:50 pm »
Then you may want to re-consider your wording on the following, as it is contradicting yourself a bit there:

I still stand by the back stabbing aswell, that is just rediculous.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2012, 08:04:50 pm »
+1
I still stand by the back stabbing aswell, that is just rediculous.

I call that punishing a player for lack of awareness, putting himself in a bad position, and improper footwork.

This would probably be a good example of why I consider Tyrian a better Battle player then Rhade. While Rhade is a phenomenal duelist, Tyrian rarely allows himself to be cornered, and has better battlefield awareness and thus almost never is stabbed in the back (though at times he is sometimes overwhelemed, but that is different).
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:08:15 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2012, 08:05:14 pm »
Well in battle i generaly backstab - switch opponents - use my lamest tricks to finish my enemy quick : Hiltslash , macro feinting , and last but not least the stab on the german.
But i just hate it when i'm the last alive there are like 20 enemy players left and the infantry goes pussy and doesn't attack and the archers are shooting from behind the infantry and the cav is attacking you all at once after i asked for duels quite some time. And then you get some gay response as go to duel server or honour serves me nothing responses atleast let me finish all there infantry before shooting me hmm!
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SixThumbs

• Duke
  • Renown: 567
  • Infamy: 60
  • cRPG Player
  • Consumer Whore
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2012, 08:15:18 pm »
+1
In relation to the backstabbing I'm going to have to agree that it's an awareness problem. If I'm engaged 1v1 with someone and I see a teammate coming up from behind I'm going to start fighting in such a way that they'll be less likely to see my buddy come up from behind and get a 'cheap' shot so that they turn around and I can take one also.
And how!

Offline SirProto

• Noble
  • Renown: 21
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
  • professional shot-misser
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: B0LT, pr0to
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2012, 08:28:14 pm »
+1
Winning a round > Honour
(click to show/hide)

Offline Cyranule

• Baron
  • Renown: 92
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2012, 08:31:27 pm »
Well in battle i generaly backstab - switch opponents - use my lamest tricks to finish my enemy quick : Hiltslash , macro feinting , and last but not least the stab on the german.

People macro feint in cRPG? Haha get outta here!

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2012, 08:33:37 pm »
The Fallen Brigade actively discourages members from dueling., it is a tactical mistake. In the real world, you will find that "honor" is a subjective term that differs from culture to culture.
Which is strange since its easier to kill someone 1 on 1 than 2 on 1

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2012, 08:41:24 pm »
Which is strange since its easier to kill someone 1 on 1 than 2 on 1

With some randomer helping? You bet.

With someone on TS that you have fought with before, will know which side he will take, and are talking to? I beg to differ.

Offline Lizard_man

• Marshall
  • Renown: 717
  • Infamy: 153
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Lizard_man, Jinmenju
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2012, 08:42:18 pm »
Once i let someone get back up after he got bumped, i got bumped and the bastard killed me whilst i was down... :cry:
« Last Edit: March 24, 2012, 08:54:33 pm by Lizard_man »

Offline MR_FISTA

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 81
  • Prepare your angus
    • View Profile
  • Faction: SoW
  • Game nicks: SoW_MR_FISTA_the_Retribution
  • IRC nick: SoW_MR_FISTA
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2012, 09:44:56 pm »
I'm with Tears on this one.

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:16 pm »
Just delay your thrust ,and let your teammate do attacks that arent thrust.
Force your opponent to force a block , then if he picks your your teammate finishes if he does your teammates you thrust.

Offline Tanken

• King
  • Renown: 1463
  • Infamy: 395
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop
    • View Profile
  • Faction: KUTT
  • Game nicks: Tanken
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2012, 09:50:51 pm »
+3
There is no Honor in this game. It's a team-based game mechanic. Your team wins, you progress faster than those on the other team. I'm not going to stand by while two girls sally one another away and fight while the rest of us serve to protect their duel. Screw that.

I would rather stick my pike in there, kabob you on it, kick you off my pike and grab the teammate who was busy to do something productive like, I don't know, help the rest of us actively engage in team warfare? I understand where you're coming from, but dueling is counter-productive in all gamemodes (of course not Duel servers). Your goal in battle is to eliminate your target as quickly as possible and then go on to the next one and hope your teammates can do the same. If I see a teammate tied up with someone, I'm going to kill that someone, and save my teammate whether they wanted to duel or not.
Below is a Collection of Finalists in my Design my Avatar contest -- They all did Awesome!
Thanks to all of those who contributed.

Offline rustyspoon

• Marshall
  • Renown: 794
  • Infamy: 164
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Rustyspoon, Sir_Rusty_Of_Spoon, Rusty_the_Spoonarian
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2012, 09:53:14 pm »
+6
Whenever my teammate is fighting someone, I first say, "Pardon me, do you mind if a stab this person you are fighting?" After that, I apologize to the person I am about to stab, for I am sure that it hurts. Then after he is dead, I send condolences to his widow. It is only proper.