Author Topic: Unban Request: Fallen_Cav_Coy  (Read 800 times)

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
Unban Request: Fallen_Cav_Coy
« on: March 21, 2012, 07:41:14 am »
Got banned for someone being a dick and getting intentionally killed by me.

Requesting unban

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
Re: Unban Request: Fallen_Cav_Coy
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 07:45:16 am »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

Offline Voso

• Earl
  • Renown: 330
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The So-so.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Huey's Cavalieres
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 07:49:12 am »
I honestly don't think Coy would tk someone intentionally. It also sounds like her to say equip screen after even an accidental tk.. I have done it myself a bunch just as a joke.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:06:24 am by Voso »

There are old sellswords and bold sellswords, but there are no old, bold sellswords.

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:51:23 am »
I saw the whole thing and it was definitelly unintentional.  Coy was also in teamspeak at the time and after it happened she said, "O fuck, oops!"  Civilian has a beef for whatever reason.

Also Coy never trolls or intentional tks or delay, very well behaved. 24hr ban seems excessive, I ask that you please have leniency
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 07:53:23 am by Loki »

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2012, 08:05:52 am »
Pretty much what Goretooth said. Also, the whole argument of "intentional or not" no longer applies as they changed the text up for what people hit M for now. The system is there as more of a "hey watch your swings/shots" kind of thing. Civilian has been around for even longer than I have and he's never caused trouble to the best of my memory. You're also not the first one to call ATS a bunch of jerks, elitists,trolls,assholes and so on. It seems a bit out of character for him to start taking offense to it now and acting in such a way.

Also, given that you have two clan members vouching for you, it's still essentially a his word vs hers kind of thing. We took all of that into consideration when we were reviewing the logs and all of the other evidence.

I understand that you've never been in trouble at all either for as long as i've seen you play, but hitting a guy multiple times in under ten seconds and killing him with a head shot through archery is pretty hard to do in any circumstances, let alone when it's revenge against someone hitting M.

There is a decent amount of evidence for both arguments. One side simply has  a more convincing case, and i'm not the only admin saying that. Several of us came to the same conclusion going by the evidence we had, including the one who issued the ban.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:11:01 am by Darkkarma »
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline Anwyl

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 66
  • cRPG Player
  • I liked cool avatars before they went mainstream.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Coy
  • IRC nick: Coy
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2012, 08:07:16 am »
Hey look at that, Civilian has a screenshot showing you intentionally TKing him.

I never made that claim. Do you think before you post or just mindlessly flail on the keyboard then manage to hit enter?

You can't even answer a simple question why you think you should be unbanned when you know you're in the wrong.

Oh hey!! See this!

That seems relevant. Thanks 451. Can you not read or are you just intentionally being stupid?

Only posts allowed are on-topic posts by the people asking for a ban/unban, admins and witnesses that can provide relevant information regarding the individual case.

Now let the grown ups talk kk?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pretty much what Goretooth said. Also, the whole argument of "intentional or not" no longer applies as they changed the text up for what people hit M for now. The system is there as more of a "hey watch your swings/shots" kind of thing. Civilian has been around for even longer than I have and he's never caused trouble to the best of my memory. You're also not the first one to call ATS a bunch of jerks, elitists,trolls,assholes and so on. It seems a bit out of character for him to start taking offense to it now and acting in such a way.

Also, given that you have two clan members vouching for you, it's still essentially a his word vs hers kind of thing. We took all of that into consideration when we were reviewing the logs and all of the other evidence.

I understand that you've never been in trouble at all either for as long as i've seen you play, but hitting a guy multiple times in under ten seconds and killing him with a head shot through archery is pretty hard to do in any circumstances, let alone when it's revenge against someone hitting M.

There is a decent amount of evidence for both arguments. One side simply has  a more convincing case, and i'm not the only admin saying that.

I'm banned because in a ban request with little actual evidence (Like idk, me aiming at him) someone made a more convincing argument than me?

I don't remember the servers being run like that before. Is that a new innovation? Take the side of the most convincing argument? Because I don't like ATS I killed an ATS member with absolutely not tags on? That's Goretooth's argument?

Yes I may be a jerk right now but that's because I don't lie about anything and getting banned for something I didn't do it making me a little bit angry. See.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:11:41 am by Anwyl »

Offline Meow

• Awesome Consulting Detective
  • King
  • Renown: 1071
  • Infamy: 150
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2012, 08:15:52 am »
I'm locking this, checking who was on the server and hammering out warnings.

Admins can feel free to keep posting in here.

Screw drama.

Edit: Also sorry for making half of you look like total nut-jobs but the thread was a mess and needed a cleanup.

Although he is not an admin anymore, this is still the rule:
Only posts allowed are on-topic posts by the people asking for a ban/unban, admins and witnesses that can provide relevant information regarding the individual case.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 08:56:52 am by Meow »

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2012, 08:17:12 am »
An apology for the mistake would've been a lot more palpable, but I didn't believe this guy was forcing you to team wound him over and over within like 10 seconds and ending in a head shot, along with you using a typical pub level chat troll of "equip screen" after he died, instead of "why did you get in front of me?"  or "sorry"  or something that made it look like an accident, or that he griefed you.  Instead based on the evidence I concluded you got mad that he hit M the first time and you took it out on him with friendly fire.

I think this thread is just gonna get full of shit posting so I'd prefer to just close it now and you can speak with me further Coy off the forums if you want to address the matter.  Let us not turn this into a problem with ATS, even though clan mates always get involved in these stupid threads.. its just about the individuals involved in the incident.
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.