61 (44.5%)
Only weed
31 (22.6%)
I need cigarettes
9 (6.6%)
I'm smoking right now while playing MB
15 (10.9%)

Total Members Voted: 137

Author Topic: Do you smoke  (Read 6880 times)

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • Renown: 226
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player
  • Why the hell did I do anything other than ranged?
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: The threat of physical violence should be present in all things
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
Re: Do you smoke
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2011, 12:14:45 am »
Smoking is proof of humanity's idiocy.

It smells bad, tastes bad, kills you, kills those around you, makes you poorer, and generally makes you unattractive.

There is no redeeming factor to it. Grow up and quit smoking. We're past the great high school rebellion, guys.
Some tobacco smells amazingly good, weed too.  Some tobacco tastes great, weed too.  Booze kills you too, so does working a real job, stress, most foods.  Also the planet is overpopulated anyways.  Yup, overtaxed bullshit imo.  Attractive is a matter of subjective taste.

To each is own. Don't come in here with your D.A.R.E. holyer than thou attitude, prick. Also in different cultures its a fairly acceptable practice and a lot of the population smokes! Not just your stero typival teenage angtser. So not only are you a prick your a culturally intolerant one at that.

Plus remember, if she smokes, she pokes!

^
Also that.
And I should be nice or polite to anyone.... why exactly?

Offline Fasader

• Vain onion-eyed pigeon egg
  • Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • Item unbalancer
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fasader, Mlatimir, Fasadripac, Modnar
  • IRC nick: Fasader
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2011, 12:28:19 am »
smoking is OP, nerf smoking!
21:33:22 BaldRider: Poem submission: okiN is fat, chadz is blue, Fasader is pretty sexy, but not you.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

https://soundcloud.com/shitfactory/father-and-panos

Offline Kabookie

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Kabookieson
  • Game nicks: Kabookie
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2011, 12:51:12 am »
I thought cigarettes were too expensive when they were 50 cents a pack! Government kept raising tax on them about every few months and I decided to quit. Thanks to the old $10 ounce of weed :), I was able to. But now the War on Drugs made the cost of weed skyrocket and now I smoke cigars or a hookah.
The old Hustler magazine used to show a diseased black lung from a smoker and that first inspired me to quit cigarettes.
A little ancient history for some of you... Lol
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 12:58:26 am by Kabookie »

Offline Zahmbomb

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Thank You !!!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Crusaders of Acre
  • Game nicks: Zahmbomb
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2011, 12:59:24 am »
Listening to Cannabis Corpse whilst hitting my bong.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: Otherwise we get a swarm of faggot children like the majority of the cRPG/Internet population
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2011, 01:21:49 am »
I thought cigarettes were too expensive when they were 50 cents a pack! Government kept raising tax on them about every few months and I decided to quit. Thanks to the old $10 ounce of weed :), I was able to. But now the War on Drugs made the cost of weed skyrocket and now I smoke cigars or a hookah.
The old Hustler magazine used to show a diseased black lung from a smoker and that first inspired me to quit cigarettes.
A little ancient history for some of you... Lol

While I'm not quite old enough to remember the 50cents a pack days I do remember growing up when I could take a 5, walk in to any store, buy two packs of smokes and a soda and have a few cents change in my pocket.

Now a won't even get a pack of smokes.   :cry:

Offline OoberNoob

• Peasant
  • Renown: 3
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Lost Legion
  • Game nicks: LL_OoberNoob
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2011, 01:37:07 am »
Yea I should probably quit.. again.   Just ran out tonight and wont be able to pick up more till tomorrow.  I've found that coffee is a decent substitute while playing c-rpg but im almost out of that too. I hate being broke  :cry:

Offline Bull

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2011, 06:49:35 am »
To each is own. Don't come in here with your D.A.R.E. holyer than thou attitude, prick. Also in different cultures its a fairly acceptable practice and a lot of the population smokes! Not just your stero typival teenage angtser. So not only are you a prick your a culturally intolerant one at that.

Plus remember, if she smokes, she pokes!

Well, first of all, D.A.R.E. was against drugs, not smoking, or at least as far as I can remember it.

As to it being an "acceptable practice" in "different cultures", that means nothing to me. I've lived in the USA, Mexico, Switzerland, Azerbaijan, Indonesia and Angola. In my opinion, that's a pretty fair cross-section of the cultures this world has to offer. Yes, lots of people all over the world smoke. So what? Slavery is an acceptable practice in some of these cultures. As is marrying and sleeping with what the United States and other first-world countries consider children. It's also "culturally acceptable" to beat and suppress your wife. Am I "intolerant" for disliking these?

The point is, humans choose to engage in idiotic behavior, and the popularity of such activities does not change its idiocy. Smoking is one of those.

Gorath's comment, while true, is proof that we needn't expedite our death through chain-smoking. Find something else to bring about your death.

Edit: And no, I'm not comparing smoking to slavery, so don't put words in my mouth. I'm just saying that some things are stupid despite their popularity. Hence, Charlie Sheen, Paris Hilton, and the women's NBA.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 06:52:25 am by Bull »

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 09, 2011, 07:25:44 am »
Well, first of all, D.A.R.E. was against drugs, not smoking, or at least as far as I can remember it.

Cigarettes are a drug.  Nicotine
Alchohal and coffee are as well technically.  And energy drinks/shots.

Offline Bull

• Peasant
  • Renown: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2011, 07:29:36 am »
Gorath, if I didn't know better, I'd say you're a good little Mormon.

But, whatever. I'm not arguing against energy drinks; I'm arguing against cigarettes. It's a proven killer. Feel free to try to categorically deny the stupidity of ingesting poison by changing the subject. It doesn't make it any less idiotic.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2011, 07:47:18 am »
I do not smoke, both for health and because I do not enjoy kissing a smoker.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2011, 08:00:42 am »
Gorath, if I didn't know better, I'd say you're a good little Mormon.

But, whatever. I'm not arguing against energy drinks; I'm arguing against cigarettes. It's a proven killer. Feel free to try to categorically deny the stupidity of ingesting poison by changing the subject. It doesn't make it any less idiotic.

I'm saying you should argue against energy drinks if you're going to argue against cigarettes because it's "ingesting poison".  So is drinking beer, whiskey, a can of monster/red bull/rockstar/bawls/whatever, and so forth.   :rolleyes:

I'd be a fail mormon because I smoke cigs, weed on rare occasions when my kiddo is away and I get to have grown up nights, coffee like water (I'm no good without at least my morning 36 ounce quad-shot iced mocha) and so on.  Also, I don't have magic undewear.   :mrgreen:

Anyways, simply pointing out that while yes cigarettes are inhaled poisons, humans ingest poisons of all types willingly for the different "highs" they provide all the time.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 09, 2011, 08:07:09 am »
No. Stupid money dump.

Offline Gorath

• Count
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 09, 2011, 08:09:35 am »
No. Stupid money dump.

^
Agreed.  Getting to be way to expensive to continue smoking except on special occasions...
Or maybe I should take up pipe smoking and just make it an event with fancy tobaccos... hmmm

Offline [ptx]

• King
  • Renown: 1871
  • Infamy: 422
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • such OP. so bundle of sticks. wow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 09, 2011, 08:18:18 am »
Haven't smoked a single cigarette in my life and don't plan to.
I do smoke waterpipe tobaccos though.

Offline Opium.dk

• Knight
  • Renown: 53
  • Infamy: 29
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen Of Fenada
  • Game nicks: Opiumdk
« Reply #29 on: March 09, 2011, 08:28:37 am »
ALL DAY ERRYDAY!