Author Topic: Gold is worhtless  (Read 13884 times)

Offline Xol!

• Earl
  • Renown: 428
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Xol_of_Chaos
  • IRC nick: Xol
Re: Gold is worhtless
« Reply #135 on: March 26, 2012, 09:45:28 pm »
+1
Man, I remember back when I bought my first 'real' armor.  Brigandine & a sallet with visor.  It was so fucking ugly, but it was mine.  I miss old crpg.
boop

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 26, 2012, 09:49:19 pm »
+1
Yeah, good old times were awesome.

Also it was just extremely satisfying to get a kill as peasant :D Today it´s more like meh...Since if you are at least level 10 or so you can start making your first kills.

Great fun back then.

Also I remember the ENORMOUS satisfaction when having your gear together...
I was so proud when I had my Transitional Set + Steel shield, weapons and Destrier.

I used to watch myself the first seconds of the battle, admiring my beauty.

Today you can buy that Set after 1 day of hardcore or 2 Days of medium gaming.And then you have to pay upkeep for it, which kinda ruins the feeling that it´s YOURs and that you EARNED it.

Still, todays cRPG is fun and I like the fact that there are a lot less tincans and such.That´s why I think Upkeep was an okayish decision in the end.

But DO NOT under all circumstances raise the upkeep.That would kill the last bit of fun.

Aaaaaah those first kills, they where soooo good. Now playing feels like wasting my time and gold when I don't have a good multi.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #137 on: March 26, 2012, 09:52:55 pm »
+2
Exactly!

They should make it that everybody gets a fixed rate of Gold and exp per minute(For example equivalent of x3)+The Winning team gets an extra tick worth of exp and gold immediately.

or something like that.

Would at least tone down SOME of the stress factors you have in cRPG right now.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 26, 2012, 10:06:15 pm »
+1
Exactly!

They should make it that everybody gets a fixed rate of Gold and exp per minute(For example equivalent of x3)+The Winning team gets an extra tick worth of exp and gold immediately.

or something like that.

Would at least tone down SOME of the stress factors you have in cRPG right now.

I actually devised an idea I might explain here :

Every player could be given the choice to be either a casual or a hardcore player. Casuals would earn gold not based on ingame ticks, but rather a fixed rate per day or week or wathever, with only a limited amount being carried over if not used completely. That way the weekend player can still enjoy the game without worrying about multis and only have upkeep as a remote problem. Hardcore players would play just like everybody does now, maybe with altered upkeep constants.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #139 on: March 26, 2012, 10:22:05 pm »
I actually devised an idea I might explain here :

Every player could be given the choice to be either a casual or a hardcore player. Casuals would earn gold not based on ingame ticks, but rather a fixed rate per day or week or wathever, with only a limited amount being carried over if not used completely. That way the weekend player can still enjoy the game without worrying about multis and only have upkeep as a remote problem. Hardcore players would play just like everybody does now, maybe with altered upkeep constants.
IMO, I consider this idea horrible, but anyway, IMO: Remove upkeep, alter armors/weapons so they're not balanced by costs whatsoever... well, peasant rags be peasant rags, but once you're in the actual armor stage light armor should in no way be worse than heavy armor (IMO it isn't now either), make all items five times as expensive, make leveling up take twenty times as much time, flatten curve inbetween 1-5 slightly, and in between 5-10 completely, and make 10-31 go so that ten is the longest level and it slowly (barely whatsoever) decreases, enforce retirement at 31/respecing so much that you've earned 31 worth of exp, gives looms slight better bonus' remove gold once you've retired, remove all none-heirloom items upon retirement too...
IMO this'd be really fun, just running around as a peasant most of the time along with a large percentage of other players, but due to a few tincan gods you would actually feel like a weak peasant and not just an equal, and due to there being quite a few peasants you'd at the same time feel like you were having fun fighting.
Also, reward exp over time spent ingame, gold over damage dealt and being close to kills (this slightly less than damage dealt). I know everyone else will hate this idea, but IMO it'd be the most fun warband possible.
EDIT: And make nearly no hits glance.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 10:23:23 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline gazda

• Earl
  • Renown: 483
  • Infamy: 124
  • cRPG Player
  • Its almost harvesting season.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Saracens
  • Game nicks: Gazda_the_Swine
  • IRC nick: gazda
« Reply #140 on: March 26, 2012, 10:25:09 pm »
+1
Whats a multi? Your playing it wrong if you care tbh. Just MO

yes, because being in 10k gear against 80ppl in 30k+ gear is better then everyone in 30k+ gear
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 26, 2012, 10:25:35 pm »
+1
The Problem with that I think is that chadz once stated he wanted the mod to be more like it´s now with upkeep.

So I dont think there is any chance of going back to a system even nearly similar to the old one.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 26, 2012, 10:33:55 pm »
The Problem with that I think is that chadz once stated he wanted the mod to be more like it´s now with upkeep.

So I dont think there is any chance of going back to a system even nearly similar to the old one.
I know, that's why YOU need to make new mod, there can be no discussion about it, you shall be the next big Donkey, now get to work!!!
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 26, 2012, 10:38:56 pm »
And now there´s 2 problems:

1. I would consider it stealing Ideas + It would be hard to gather many players because many will think the same

2. I cant code(Hell, otherwise I´d probably do it in some kind of way...)

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 26, 2012, 10:43:03 pm »
+1
And now there´s 2 problems:

1. I would consider it stealing Ideas + It would be hard to gather many players because many will think the same

2. I cant code(Hell, otherwise I´d probably do it in some kind of way...)
(BTW: Whoever reed the YOU part of my last post are now forced to work as slaves for NCBs Wannabe cRPG made by B3RS3RK)
1. TBH idea of cRPG isn't too original, it's basically the first mod idea anyone would think of, now making it probably isn't nearly as simple.

2. Learn it.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 26, 2012, 10:46:46 pm »
+1
You are right.I will pirate some C++ and other Books right now and start learning.

Maybe in half a year I will be able to make my first minimod.

Offline Nessaj

• King
  • Renown: 1399
  • Infamy: 176
  • cRPG Player Madam Black Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • ▃ ▅ ▅ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇ ▅ ▄ ▅ ▇
    • View Profile
    • Vanguard
  • Faction: Vanguard
  • Game nicks: Vanguard_Cooties
  • IRC nick: Nessaj
« Reply #146 on: March 26, 2012, 10:48:50 pm »
+2
If you liked no upkeep why didn't you play and promote Xmas CRPG? Since no one did there's nothing to discuss on that matter, only an extreme minority desired that. Done deal.

Multiplier is the spawn of all evil. You play because you have it or you leave because you lose it. Mix it with Auto team balance being fubar and always splitting you and your friends up. That's two daily reasons for clicking ALT + F4.

Then combine it with being bumped or shot 24/7 these days when playing on anything else but Siege.

Meh.

The only thing that I find "fun" these days is playing my archer alt and shooting Cav horses, there's no time to do anything else but shoot Cav because there's so many but at least when succeeding in this venture the team 99.9% wins the round.

If upkeep would be removed we'd just see 20 times as much Cav plus everyone in in general in Plate/Heavy armor. The only reason 'no upkeep' ever worked is because the mod was relatively new, eventually we saw everyone use the highest tiers of gear and that's something which would without a doubt ruin the mod completely if allowed to continue.

What's needed is an idea to replace the Multiplier feature plus actually fixing Auto Team Balance -- making banners absolute but without the possibility to "exploit" it by having multiple clans use the same -- it would with guarantee have more people play the mod overall, otherwise people will continue to trickle away, not just due to these reasons though of course.

Upkeep could be replaced with another idea as well and the developers have sought that in public ages ago, but so far no one ever come up with anything that would actually work.

Fix/Change:
  • Multiplier
  • Auto Team Balance
  • ((New idea instead of Upkeep depending on the solution for 1))
  • Register Assists
Personally I'd try the old X gold per kill via range, but XP using the multiplier system.
Things don't exist simply because you believe in them, thus sayeth the almighty creature in the sky!

• King
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 26, 2012, 11:03:25 pm »
If you liked no upkeep why didn't you play and promote Xmas CRPG? Since no one did there's nothing to discuss on that matter, only an extreme minority desired that. Done deal.
[When I heard about it I checked it out server=empty, checked it quite a few times, now it's gone last I checked.]
Multiplier is the spawn of all evil. You play because you have it or you leave because you lose it. Mix it with Auto team balance being fubar and always splitting you and your friends up. That's two daily reasons for clicking ALT + F4.
[I don't believe it's very fun feeling like you're forced to sit on the pc while you should leave due to having a multi (you aren't actually, but it's a mood ruiner IMO), and I dislike feeling like GTXting because I'm on a shitty multi and has lost 5k the very day, my suggestion was therefore quite obviously based on having fun instead of drugs (my badly done metaphor for actually enjoying playing instead of just "enjoying" being on 5x, and then having your mood grinded to dust on a 1x spree, infact one of the main reasons I nearly only play duel server is that I can't stand those 2h 1-2x spree's...]
Then combine it with being bumped or shot 24/7 these days when playing on anything else but Siege.

Meh.

The only thing that I find "fun" these days is playing my archer alt and shooting Cav horses, there's no time to do anything else but shoot Cav because there's so many but at least when succeeding in this venture the team 99.9% wins the round.
[This would heavily put a limit on cav due to hybrid-cav-melee only being able to play cav for like one or two levels effectively before retiring...]
If upkeep would be removed we'd just see 20 times as much Cav plus everyone in in general in Plate/Heavy armor. The only reason 'no upkeep' ever worked is because the mod was relatively new, eventually we saw everyone use the highest tiers of gear and that's something which would without a doubt ruin the mod completely if allowed to continue.
[Not sure if you reed my post, but, as I said I want shit to be expensive as fuck, and I want auto-retirement removing all gold and everything but your loomed item, sure some would go cav, but they'd be like lvl 25 and retiring again soon... what this would be doing is creating much more peasants and low level chars, and people might just loom their low level weapons due to using them much of the time and still wanting to be effective against the high level ones... I doupt I'll ever loom my set of wardarts for when I'm a low level trolling, which is the only way I have fun low level, due to there being no other low levels out there... I also said I wanted armor to be balanced so it isn't a choice between "Strong expensive shit, and weak cheap shit", more weight per armor point! etc!]
What's needed is an idea to replace the Multiplier feature plus actually fixing Auto Team Balance -- making banners absolute but without the possibility to "exploit" it by having multiple clans use the same -- it would with guarantee have more people play the mod overall, otherwise people will continue to trickle away, not just due to these reasons though of course.

Upkeep could be replaced with another idea as well and the developers have sought that in public ages ago, but so far no one ever come up with anything that would actually work.

Fix/Change:
  • Multiplier
  • Auto Team Balance
  • ((New idea instead of Upkeep depending on the solution for 1))
  • Register Assists
Personally I'd try the old X gold per kill via range, but XP using the multiplier system.
[Which was nearly exactly what I suggested]
« Last Edit: March 26, 2012, 11:04:43 pm by Zlisch_The_Butcher »

Offline Riddaren

• Duke
  • Renown: 601
  • Infamy: 298
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Riddaren, Matthaus
« Reply #148 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:08 pm »
There is no problem. The economy is working perfectly and since you now can offer gold for an item I don't see anything left to be done.

Heirloom prices will peak around the time the player base of crpg hits it's peak. 1 year from now?
After that they will slowly decrease as more and more players stop to retire their main characters.

The upkeep doesn't affect players who still retire the same way it affects those who have stopped retiring. The difference is huge.

1 gen income = 440k
1 gen heirloom point 650k (and increasing)

So a player that still retires his main character gets an income boost of currently 148% compared to someone who doesn't retire his main...
If you are still retiring - stop complaining about upkeep... :)

Offline Logen

• OKAM Developer
  • Renown: 385
  • Infamy: 39
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 26, 2012, 11:10:40 pm »
Multiplier is the spawn of all evil.
Weak-minded people!