Author Topic: an example of marketplace nonsense  (Read 1203 times)

Offline Latvian

• King
  • Renown: 1494
  • Infamy: 379
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • с̴͎͖͈͟͠ͅу̷̸̻̣͇͚̫͎͇̩̟̖̪͇̯к̀́͠͞҉͎͚͎а̰̤͕̱͔̬͖̟̺͍͎́͞ ̸͝
    • View Profile
  • Faction: one and only DESERTERS
  • Game nicks: u know its me when you see me
an example of marketplace nonsense
« on: March 20, 2012, 05:29:44 pm »
Thick Heraldic Transitional Armour   399,999       VS    Thick Heraldic Mail with Tabard   500,000

how can armor with higher stats can cost a lot less than armor with less protection?
people are like potatoes, they come in different shapes and sizes and they all are beautifull
masturbating while looking in a mirror isnt wrong unless its the rear view mirror and you are driving a school buss.

it doesnt matter if you are happiest person or an unfortunate weeper, a powerfull beast or a terrifying creature. we are all equal, in the eyes of the reaper.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: an example of marketplace nonsense
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 05:32:44 pm »
+1
Oh dear, someone give this guy an intro to economics

Offline larlek

• Baron
  • Renown: 140
  • Infamy: 95
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Larlik PooperScooper Larlek
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 05:39:09 pm »
I have two apples. One looks good and one doesn't. The one that doesn't look good is actually the better tasting apple. An average man/woman walks into the store and decides to buy an apple. Just one apple mind you, she isn't greedy. Which will she pick? The apple that looks great or the farmers apple that looks like it just fell from the tree?

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2012, 05:44:08 pm »
Oh dear, someone give this guy an intro to economics

You don't even need economics to justify those prices.

Like larlek explained, the light armors are simply better. Cheaper to upkeep and they don't slow you down that much. Armor is of limited use when 80% of the players inflict pierce or blunt damage.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2012, 05:45:43 pm by Kafein »

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2012, 05:47:17 pm »
+1
You don't even need economics to justify those prices.

Like larlek explained, the light armors are simply better. Cheaper to upkeep and they don't slow you down that much. Armor is of limited use when 80% of the players inflict pierce or blunt damage.

Whether it's stats or looks, it's supply/demand that actually controls the price.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2012, 06:28:03 pm »
Thick Heraldic Transitional Armour   399,999       VS    Thick Heraldic Mail with Tabard   500,000

how can armor with higher stats can cost a lot less than armor with less protection?

Because someone is asking more for the item with lower stats, that's how the "higher stat" item can cost less.

If you have two people, they both own an apple, one values their apple at $10 the other values their apple at $20.  That's the situation you have here...nothing more, nothing less.  People get to decide how much they sell their item for. 

visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 06:47:30 pm »
Whether it's stats or looks, it's supply/demand that actually controls the price.

Yes but even if we put supply/demand aside, for example supposing they are equal for all items, the mail with tabard is worth more IMO.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2012, 07:21:31 pm »
mail with surcoat or heraldic mail with surcoat is a lot better than the heraldic mail with tabard...I'll give up 2 body armor for 6 more feet armor, not to mention you have 18 foot armor for your chest piece which is almost as high as you can get (and you're only paying 6k for the item).

I don't think heraldic transitional is worth the price (19k) for getting 15 more body armor than if I was to use a mail with surcoat.  You're paying 1k gold for every 1 body armor more than the mail with surcoat. 

But at the end of the day, that's all personal preference and choice.  It's up to the seller to decide what they want to price their item at, and it's up to the buyer to decide if that cost justifies what they get in return.  This thread is all common sense answers and should just be deleted.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »
mail with surcoat or heraldic mail with surcoat is a lot better than the heraldic mail with tabard...I'll give up 2 body armor for 6 more feet armor, not to mention you have 18 foot armor for your chest piece which is almost as high as you can get (and you're only paying 6k for the item).

Only if you are cav.You get hit in the feet too rarely as infantry to go for Foot over Body armor.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Kafein

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2012, 07:32:15 pm »

I don't think heraldic transitional is worth the price (19k) for getting 15 more body armor than if I was to use a mail with surcoat.  You're paying 1k gold for every 1 body armor more than the mail with surcoat. 

But at the end of the day, that's all personal preference and choice.  It's up to the seller to decide what they want to price their item at, and it's up to the buyer to decide if that cost justifies what they get in return.  This thread is all common sense answers and should just be deleted.

An answer that does not provide new elements is not very valuable. But now with your post in we can start a heated debate about leg armor vs body armor.

I think that even for cavalry, leg armor is almost useless. The bone is really tiny and has it's damage reduced so if I chose my armor only according to stats I would go for the armor with the least leg armor/body armor ratio in a given weight range. What I really do is using the one that fits the character's theme or style.