Author Topic: Combat time.  (Read 347 times)

Offline JohnReaper21

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Combat time.
« on: March 19, 2012, 06:06:45 pm »
Here's a question. according to the rules of Strategus, if no one shows up that side looses. and that battle can take place within any 24 hour time frame of the inital attack.

Whats to stop a player from setting the time to four am in the morning if its Na vs Na? thus making it unreasonable for players to fight effectivly, and or not showing up at all. thus wining by default?

Go hide in a hole for all I care, you won't live one second longer.

Offline Lt_Anders

• King
  • Renown: 1049
  • Infamy: 651
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Man, I still play this shit?
    • View Profile
    • Drowtales
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Anders_Astralis
Re: Combat time.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2012, 06:08:05 pm »
Whats to stop a player from setting the time to four am in the morning if its Na vs Na? thus making it unreasonable for players to fight effectivly, and or not showing up at all. thus wining by default?

Nothing, and it's happened already. Plenty of times.

If it matters, people still show up. it's just he smaller battles where that'll be a decieding factor more so than the larger ones.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: Combat time.
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2012, 07:52:01 pm »
Firstly, there's a night time setting, that will push battles up to 8 hours ahead of the attack time.  I.E. your night time is set from 12 AM - 8 AM, the attack comes at 4  AM, it is instead pushed to 8 AM.

Secondly, you can hire ANYBODY for your battles, so for example, you could hire EU players for a battle while you're at work, that's pretty much prime time for them.

Thirdly, considering they'll ALSO be NA, that's going to be a disadvantageous time for anybody, maybe not themselves, but a lot of NA players.

Finally, a lot of the current NA vs NA battles are actually EU players in our lands, so this is what could be happening to you.

I'd recommend, if you're the defenders, and have actual gear to defend, making posts on the merc recruitment thread - people are always glad to support peaceful traders in defense.  :mrgreen:
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA