Author Topic: Non Lancer polearm cav build...  (Read 1014 times)

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
Non Lancer polearm cav build...
« on: March 18, 2012, 10:17:06 am »
18/18
6 PS
6 shiled
6 ATH
6 Riding
6 WM

100 hand
135 polearm

elite cav shield
Liuyidao
Long Halt Blade.

How well would something like this work? and can you swing the long haft blade from horseback?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
How i get kills...

Offline Stabby_Dave

• Count
  • Renown: 197
  • Infamy: 34
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Stabby_Dave, Squelch, Dave_The_Longbowman, Faggy_Dave
  • IRC nick: Stabby
Re: Non Lancer polearm cav build...
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 11:35:46 am »
There's really no need for the 1 hander. Anything you can hit from horseback with a 1h, you can hit easier with a polearm. Unless you only want the shield for when youre dismounted, just go pure polearm and make yourself 18/21 or 21/18 or even 24/15.

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 11:44:19 am »
There's really no need for the 1 hander. Anything you can hit from horseback with a 1h, you can hit easier with a polearm. Unless you only want the shield for when youre dismounted, just go pure polearm and make yourself 18/21 or 21/18 or even 24/15.

its for when i get dismounted, or when i need to play defensively on the ground. so thats im not entirely useless, as well as a arrow sponge, also while dismounted..
How i get kills...

Offline Kafein

• King
  • Renown: 2203
  • Infamy: 808
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 11:46:59 am »

This.

Btw, from what I know, horseback animations for the hafted blades are bugged. But the plus is that you can go with only one weapon and be ok on horse and good on foot.

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 12:57:36 pm »
Anything you can hit from horseback with a 1h, you can hit easier with a polearm.

actually wrong.  1h stabs have very wonky hitbox and can hit people directly infront of horse, where polearms cant easily, especially hafted blades. 

But I agree but putting 50 into 1h for a sidearm is pretty pointless. just use a shortened spear or some 1slot polearm if your dismounted.

Remember that you can switch weapons while you are falling from a dead horse, dont wait til you stand up.

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 01:16:02 pm »
well i was trying to go with a pseudo chinese feel, i know mongolians used lancers, and while i like lancers, i do need to be able to work in tandem with group forces at times, so the reason for the 100 1hand and 120 pole is for some versatility.

im guessing aside from the "dont use 1hand then" stuff, how well would the long haft blade work from horseback?
How i get kills...

Offline Ganner

• Duke
  • Renown: 553
  • Infamy: 138
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The other white meat
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Ganner_of_Chaos
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 02:29:38 pm »
Not very well, ive seen very few use it effectively and the animations look HORRIBLE.  1 hand cav is fun, but if you really want to use a polearm go lancer all the way otherwise you will just be a target by other lancer cav (which will be able to kill you easily with you never even touching them or their horses). 

If you decide to go 1 hand instead of long hafted, drop 3-4 points of WM and get IF, it will help you and slow down your swing a bit to make timing your slashes easier.

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 02:31:04 pm »
oh well off are 2hand cav? and while on horseback does it count as 2h for wpf or 1hand?
How i get kills...