Author Topic: [Unban Request] FF_GeorgeWashington  (Read 2371 times)

Offline FF_GeorgeWashington

• Knight
  • Renown: 57
  • Infamy: 31
  • cRPG Player
  • Die hard supporter of Republicanism.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United States of America
  • Game nicks: Angrysully, FF_GeorgeWashington
[Unban Request] FF_GeorgeWashington
« on: March 18, 2012, 12:35:10 am »
Name:  FF_GeorgeWashington
Date of ban:  3/17/2012
Admin who banned:  Granpappy

Reason for ban:  You may read my response on granpappy's admin feedback thread http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,20918.new.html#new

It help shows what kind of admin he really is.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline JohnAdams

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FF_JohnAdams
Re: [Unban Request] FF_GeorgeWashington
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2012, 12:35:56 am »
free george washington

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 106
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Chaos
  • Game nicks: DarkKarma
« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2012, 01:28:07 am »
You're a pretty big troll going by what i've seen in game and the logs. Even if other admins could override the bans issued by others, i'm pretty sure no one would bother with you. See you in a week.
This community hurts my brains, a lot.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2012, 01:48:37 am »
Just because someone is a troll valid complaints by them should not be ignored.

I don't think someone should be an admin if they can't take being trolled.. a 1 week ban for trolling someone, seriously? why not just mute him and then if he continues to spam admin chat warn him not to do so and if he still continues then ban him for "chat abuse" or whatever the category that falls under. If you get mad over being trolled over stuff that isn't RL then you are a huge babby who should just uninstall cRPG and never come back.
My apologies if he was muted first and continued to say things in admin chat after being warned not to (but it doesn't seem that way)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2012, 01:55:56 am »
Badplayer, I get trolled all the time. FF_George_Washington was banned for his entire track record. He would really really like you to think it is about a single incident, but unfortunately for him, his antics are very well documented. I know that I have been questioned as to why he hasn't been perma-banned.

Request denied.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2012, 01:59:15 am »
That's pretty much exactly what happened, Badplayer. It's why the ban was extended, but not the main reason for him being banned. His shitty, childish behavior in I chat pretty much goes in tandum with all of the other various complaints we've seen from him.

For example..
http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,27845.0.html

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2012, 02:02:42 am »
You're a pretty big troll going by what i've seen in game and the logs. Even if other admins could override the bans issued by others, i'm pretty sure no one would bother with you. See you in a week.

If you are calling me a troll based how I play, that is an asinine statement to make let alone being able to accuse me of trolling because I'm calling an admin immature and biased for so far only being able to see me TK but no one else.  This whole issue wouldn't have happened if he didn't act like an ass and responded professionally.  I used to occasionly call people nerds but what ever comment I make in admin chat is sincere and truthful.  When you have admins like Dexxtaa making admin chat messages such as "Whoever gets the last kill gets a free blojob"  I feel the need to step in and tell them to act more professionally if they are supposed to be here enforcing rules.  If they don't to act mature and enforce rules, they have no business being an admin.  Reading the official rules I have broke none.  You can try and pin the "No abuse of in-game chat (racism, insulting, griefing...)" but I did no such thing and use no vulgar language while attempting to reason with Granpappy.   

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2012, 02:19:48 am »
17:44:25 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] terrordeldeierto delibertally tk'd me
17:45:10 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] I dont tolerate intentional tk's or team wounds, last fair warning. If I catch you, it will be a ban
17:45:26 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] So are you going to ban him?
17:47:00 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] It's simple, I'll explain it so someone of you're "ability" can understand. I accidently wound him, he tk's me and you warn me. You will not be biased or I will take it to the forums and ruin your credibility.

17:47:38 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] if you have screenshots George, go post them.
17:48:34 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] Ok well I will be taking note of your response. See you on the froums, your unprofessionalism and immaturity will be the downfall of yourself sir.
17:49:16 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] I really dont care about your threats George. You claimed someone intentionally TK'd you. I didnt see it, I issued a warning. See you on the forums
17:49:24 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] post what you have
17:50:19 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] We will see, your lack of character and judgement clearly shows in your writing, what a shame.
18:06:32 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] I appreciate you sticking around George. For you constant trolling and griefing in chat you are hereby banned for 1 week. Take that time to think about you behavior. You may screencap this and post in your unban request

Feel free to point out the "truth and sincerity" in the provided log excerpts.

Truth be told, I probably would have made the same suggestion before brushing  off and ignoring you when presented with such silly threats. That said, each admin reacts differently to essentially being harassed in I chat. Also, were it not for the multiple complaints of delaying and teamwounding provided on multiple occasions, this alone probably would not have warranted a 7-day ban. Also, ban severity/length is up to each admin's own discretion (assuming no one is acting tyranical or crazy with their admin powers) and each admin's decision must be left alone and cannot be interfered with. Still, as I said, most admins were more than ok with this ban. I personally think it's a very apt punishment going from what i've seen and read.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:27:01 am by Darkkarma »

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2012, 02:35:31 am »
He wasn't muted or warned to stop saying shit in admin chat and he wasn't breaking any rules by giving his opinions about an admin in I chat unless you count however many few sentences he gave as "chat abuse". What he said is not banworthy at all, it's barely trolling and Grannpappy is being a huge babby about it. Say what you want about this being because of his "track record" but thats just a good excuse to abuse your powers on someone who didn't break any rules at this point but has done before.

The irony in George Washington getting banned for speaking his mind against a tyrant is not lost to me, history is repeating itself and soon a revolution will form, a republic with elected admins liberty and free speech, a constitution preventing admin abuse and transparency of bans, a flag of red, white and blue, a land where every man can make a living on the multiplier. And this land will be called.. America.

Offline JohnAdams

• Knight
  • Renown: 25
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: FF_JohnAdams
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2012, 02:38:02 am »
He wasn't muted or warned to stop saying shit in admin chat and he wasn't breaking any rules by giving his opinions about an admin in I chat unless you count however many few sentences he gave as "chat abuse". What he said is not banworthy at all, it's barely trolling and Grannpappy is being a huge babby about it. Say what you want about this being because of his "track record" but thats just a good excuse to abuse your powers on someone who didn't break any rules at this point but has done before.

The irony in George Washington getting banned for speaking his mind against a tyrant is not lost to me, history is repeating itself and soon a revolution will form, a republic with elected admins liberty and free speech, a constitution preventing admin abuse and transparency of bans, a flag of red, white and blue, a land where every man can make a living on the multiplier. And this land will be called.. America.

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2012, 02:46:33 am »
Proud American Stuff

To reiterate, the chat itself is not what got him banned. It was weighed in and affected the severity of the punishment, but it alone is not why he's sitting on the sidelines for a week. Multiple reports of teamwounding, griefing and delaying are why he was being banned in the first place. Think of it as adding icing to a shit cake made entirely from batter consisting a variety of examples of poor in game behavior.

I can't speak for granpappy or how he personally feels about the issue obviously. I'm just giving you the perspective of myself and a few other admins when it comes to why we aren't taking offense to it.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:50:08 am by Darkkarma »

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2012, 02:54:45 am »
To reiterate, the chat itself is not what got him banned. It affected the severity of the punishment, but it alone is not why he's sitting on the sidelines for a week. Multiple reports of teamwounding, griefing and delaying are why he was being banned in the first place. Think of it as adding icing to a shit cake made entirely from batter consisting a variety of examples of poor in game behavior.

Banning someone for things they have previously done is stupid, I intentionally teamkill people all the time and have been banned for it before, if I started arguing with/criticizing an admin could he then just ban me for the TKing I have done but am not doing currently?

The worst I see George do is revenge teamwounding and a little shittalking people (and I mean very little compared to people like myself) I deserve a ban more than he does if you are talking about poor in game behaviour. This is just about 1 admin(or admins) who can't take being insulted and his petty grudge with someone he doesn't like.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 02:55:55 am by BADPLAYER »

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2012, 03:00:31 am »
17:44:25 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] terrordeldeierto delibertally tk'd me
17:45:10 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] I dont tolerate intentional tk's or team wounds, last fair warning. If I catch you, it will be a ban
17:45:26 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] So are you going to ban him?
17:47:00 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] It's simple, I'll explain it so someone of you're "ability" can understand. I accidently wound him, he tk's me and you warn me. You will not be biased or I will take it to the forums and ruin your credibility.

17:47:38 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] if you have screenshots George, go post them.
17:48:34 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] Ok well I will be taking note of your response. See you on the froums, your unprofessionalism and immaturity will be the downfall of yourself sir.
17:49:16 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] I really dont care about your threats George. You claimed someone intentionally TK'd you. I didnt see it, I issued a warning. See you on the forums
17:49:24 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] post what you have
17:50:19 - [PLAYER2ADMIN][FF_GeorgeWashington] We will see, your lack of character and judgement clearly shows in your writing, what a shame.
18:06:32 - [ADMIN][GrannPappy] I appreciate you sticking around George. For you constant trolling and griefing in chat you are hereby banned for 1 week. Take that time to think about you behavior. You may screencap this and post in your unban request

Feel free to point out the "truth and sincerity" in the provided log excerpts.

Truth be told, I probably would have made the same suggestion before brushing  off and ignoring you when presented with such silly threats. That said, each admin reacts differently to essentially being harassed in I chat. Also, were it not for the multiple complaints of delaying and teamwounding provided on multiple occasions, this alone probably would not have warranted a 7-day ban. Also, ban severity/length is up to each admin's own discretion (assuming no one is acting tyranical or crazy with their admin powers) and each admin's decision must be left alone and cannot be interfered with. Still, as I said, most admins were more than ok with this ban. I personally think it's a very apt punishment going from what i've seen and read.

So because you think it's trolling, it has to be?  I'm not sure I hold your word that highly especially since I don't know you at all.  In all honestly, you are tossing the term troll around too much and you seem to not understand it.  You are either oblivious or very prejudice based off your statements.  You assume I'm trolling because I said I was going to ruin his credibility but how does your thought process determine what is trolling or not? I would personally like to know.  He banned me for three days for revenge tking someone who tkd me and another incident happens where instead of killing, I report and he still threatens me is a little idiotic and shows perfectly well the frustration I have with Granpapy.  You also make the comment every admin has agreed on the ban given, is there an admin committee that determines what is ban able or not?  I'm going to assume no so throwing a comment out there like that is a little far fetched.  Sure I haven't had the best track wreck but that doesn't mean each situation isn't unique on it's own and deserves more investigating then "hey he's been banned before, fuck him."  The only admin I have ever known to do something right is Ecko when he was around and Man of war chaos.  When something is reported, instead of threats he answered and says it will be handled.  It seems that it's a rarity to get decent help. 

Offline Darkkarma

• Duke
  • cRPG Player
  • Slow your roll
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2012, 03:04:01 am »
@ Badplayer, Technically speaking, someone is banned from the website 9/10 times for something that they previously did. Whenever someone makes a ban request on this forum they are reporting someone for something they had done in the past.Still, I think I get what you're saying and i'll just say that the events that were taken into consideration aren't from like half a year ago. They are all very recent (within the past couple of weeks or so)  This guy has maybe been back for a few weeks and he's already got multiple, (some on-going) ban requests going for him. Most admins didn't even know who george washington was before they saw the multiple, very recent ban posts going for him. THAT is the track record we are referring to.

@ George,you are not obligated to agree with or respect anything I say, especially considering that I was not the one who banned you. What's more, you can argue about the semantics of being a troll is, but by this community's standards, when a guy is reported for delaying rounds,team kills and in general makes the kind of posts you make on the forums, he's going to be labeled a troll more often than not. (having multiple people with no relation to one another complaining about your in game behavior is an added bonus) Also, as a matter of fact, admins do come together on a private section of the forums and discuss certain players and their conduct. Yours has been a subject of discussion for a few days now. We don't need to do it with most rule violators, but you seem to be one of those special few. I guarantee you that this group of admins takes stuff like this(tossing out lengthy bans) very seriously and we don't just ban guys on a whim. Furthermore, our actions are moderated by shik and other devs(one also weighed in on this issue and agreed with the suggested ban by granpappy). They regularly give us input when it comes to ban discussions and have even had to remove admins in the past for the actions they took. This isn't some super secret close knit society that likes to kick people while they are down.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:20:57 am by Darkkarma »

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 03:05:15 am »
Banning someone for things they have previously done is stupid, I intentionally teamkill people all the time and have been banned for it before, if I started arguing with/criticizing an admin could he then just ban me for the TKing I have done but am not doing currently?

The worst I see George do is revenge teamwounding and a little shittalking people (and I mean very little compared to people like myself) I deserve a ban more than he does if you are talking about poor in game behaviour. This is just about 1 admin(or admins) who can't take being insulted and his petty grudge with someone he doesn't like.
No, you may not see it, but george teamwounds constantly and tries his hardest to piss everyone around him off. He is a repeat offender. He needed a time-out, hopefully when he comes back he will stop purposely disobeying rules at all chances.

This is really cut and dried. ANyways, this is grannpapy's ban.
I miss the old george form long ago.
Technically speaking, someone is banned from the website 9/10 times for something that they previously did. Whenever someone makes a ban request on this forum they are reporting someone for something they had done in the past.Still, I think I get what you're saying and i'll just say that the events that were taken into consideration aren't from like half a year ago. They are all very recent (within the past week or so)  This guy has maybe been back for a few weeks and he's already got multiple, on-going ban requests going for him. Most admins don't even know who george washington was before they saw the multiple, very recent ban posts going for him. THAT is the track record we are referring to.
Pretty much this.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2012, 03:07:56 am by Marathon »
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.