Author Topic: Unban Request - Noobie  (Read 1096 times)

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • Renown: 45
  • Infamy: 15
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None of yo business
Unban Request - Noobie
« on: March 17, 2012, 08:13:02 pm »
I was banned unjustly by Darkkarma in a thread earlier posted by Tears of Destiny.
They claimed that I was leeching for the whole day
"Not the first time he did this, but he did it enough that I took a screenshot after seeing it for enough for one day." (Tears of Destiny)

GrannPappy was currently on and we dealt with the situation ourselves like fine gentlemen. The night continued with no difficulty.

I come back this morning to being banned for 1 week for "leeching"
(click to show/hide)

Well luckily I took a screenshot for myself of that exact same round.
(click to show/hide)

I was building siege equipment on the boat of our spawn so that we could defend the next round and win. Gomer comes along and destroys it all leaving me with no weapon to use. No weapons could be found in the vicinity.
Last man left on the team... what could I do... a cavalry was chasing me and my only way of defense was fighting with fists so I did. I died.

Next round starts, I bring a weapon to kill Gomer (for breaking siege equipment). He dies, Grannpappy intervenes and says that Intentional TKing is against the rules, I claim to defend my stuff but in the end agree with breaking the rules for TKing and take a 5 minute timeout.

5 minutes later

Enter the server, no siege equipment to make things worse or intentional TKing and on we went to an enjoyable night.
If any other admins were on, please vouch for this.

Sincerely,
Noobie.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
Re: Unban Request - Noobie
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:43:10 pm »
Noobie is a changed man, the past few days i've been on NA1 he has been playing for normal and not leeching at all (and i'm a huge sperg so I play all the time).
He is wearing Gilded Hourglass Gauntlets in the screenshots and unless i'm mistaken that counts as a weapon now? I know I have seen alot of pugilist builds using those type of gauntlets or above and they don't get warned/banned for leeching, atleast not when I have been online.

Free Noobie.

Offline BADPLAYERold

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 362
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO
  • Game nicks: BADPLAYER
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:29 pm »
im probably wrong about just using gauntlets being fine but im gonna continue spreading misinformation dwi

Offline Smoothrich

• King
  • Renown: 1558
  • Infamy: 986
  • cRPG Player
  • #manup @bigplays
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:47:49 pm »
To clarify, according to the devs, the rules have been that you are required to use a weapon.  Using just heavy gauntlets to punch of w/e is still considered leeching and against official server policy.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:42:52 pm by Smoothrich »
My posting is like a katana folded 1000 times to perfection.. and the community is what keeps the edge sharp.. and bloody.  -  Me.

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 10:03:09 pm »
To clarify, according to the devs, the rules have been that you are required to use a weapon.  Using just heavy gauntlets to punch of w/e is still considered leeching and against official server policy.

I did not intend to use my gloves as a weapon (Sorry to disappoint). Smoothrich, I completely agree with you on this one. But in this circumstance, I was going to build a weapon rack and then spawn a weapon. Weapon rack goes up. Gomer brings it down. I am left with no weapon. And then get banned for 1 week for leeching?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:26:12 pm by SuperNewb »

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:25 pm »
I think that we can reduce this punishment for this infraction. He was given a 5 minute timeout last night for the intentional TK of Gomer.

I also warned the server against destroying team equipment. This is not allowed.

Here is the fine hair we are splitting concerning leeching:

I consider running off to some corner and not fighting, not contributing to be leeching. Noobie was indeed building equipment. This equipment could have been used by his team to counter the large number of ranged and especially Horse Xbow that run around nowadays. He didn't run off by himself, they ran away from him and his siege shields. His equipment was destroyed by his teammate. If he uses it to spawn a weapon, it was not his fault and I should have kicked his teammate for it. But instead of reporting it to me, he TK'd and earned his 5 minute break instead.

I don't see very much, if any, difference between what he was doing, and the people who always call "Experience Barn!" or "Camp the Boat!". (You know the maps that I mean). Inevitably on those maps, some people camp (leech?) in the "experience barn" or that Ice boat while the rest of their team is slaughtered. (There are several other maps with little buildings where a few people run off and hide, live to the last, but 95% of the time their team loses. In those cases they call themselves "defending")

He did indeed behave for the rest of the night. (no kudos Noobie, everyone behaves with the cop standing there)

@Noobie - While technically people are allowed to use their own playstyles, without your teams cooperation it isn't effective. We are apparently allowing HX or Archers who run away while outnumbered 10-1 to be poll kicked, even if they are technically fighting by constantly shooting. The guideline being that if 51% of the server feels your playstyle is essentially griefing them all, then the poll is valid.
The Golden Rule for us to use common sense, and to promote an atmosphere that allows the greatest number of people to have fun. When half the server agrees that a single players choice of playstyle is making it not fun, then please use common sense and find another playstyle that is fun for you as well as everyone who is waiting for the next round to begin.

In short, find another way to play that doesn't aggravate the rest of the server population. If you can agree, even if you think it isn't entirely fair, then I would give my vote to go ahead and lift the ban and let you go on your way.

But I am not convinced that you are merely a victim of your playstyle either. I do suspect that some leeching by you does occur. Let's make that idea go away.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:30:00 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 10:46:32 pm »
I do agree that I did take matters into my own hands regarding the TK. I am sorry for not reporting it to you (I told him to stop in team chat but he wouldn't) and therefore took action. I do regret TKing as I look back now and realize that what I did was indeed dumb especially when many admins are on. The five minute ban did really "click" for me and for the rest of the night, I didn't want to aggravate the admins any longer for their good treatment of my serious infringement of Intentional TKing.

Here I am willing to throw money into certain rounds to get an advantage to only get destroyed by a teammate is really annoying. (3k for CS and 400 per material every round no matter what)

I am willing to agree that my play style during that map did indeed aggravate some teammates (Gomer). I took matters into my own hands and shouldn't have (Intentional TKing).

The problem though is that Tears is claiming that I was leeching when I clearly wasn't and therefore got banned for 7 days.
I truly do believe that I was mistreated and Darkkarma jumping to conclusion without thoroughly going through a minimal procedure of looking at what happened and known if any admins were on to deal with the situation.
There's a miscommunication between in-game and forums that needs to be addressed for admins when the situation at hand was dealt with in-game.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:49:00 pm by SuperNewb »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 10:55:09 pm »
The reason why I said you were leeching was for multiple reasons, two of which I should list:

1.) You can but did not spawn with a zero slot weapon (always spawn with a weapon, right?).

2.) Note that after your construction site was destroyed by Gomer, you ran off the boat, past many scattered weapons, and hide by a tree until round end... Mind Defending That?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 11:01:58 pm »
The reason why I said you were leeching was for multiple reasons, two of which I should list:

1.) You can but did not spawn with a zero slot weapon (always spawn with a weapon, right?).

2.) Note that after your construction site was destroyed by Gomer, you ran off the boat, past many scattered weapons, and hide by a tree until round end... Mind Defending That?

1. Why would I spawn with a 0 slot weapon when I can spawn with my awlpike and full armor in the next 20 seconds?
2. Construction sites do not get destroyed, weapon racks do. During that time, there were no weapons to be found so I was running around to find one. Cavalry spots me and decide only thing possible left to do melee with fists.

My question to you:

Why did you not report me to the admins that were on at that time?
Why didn't you take the screenshots of the scoreboard? I have 8 kills 1 death while you... can't even spot you. I spent the whole round trying to build something useful and yet do better than you overall? Seems like we got a problem sir. It's super hard to leech and kill at the same time.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:06:50 pm by SuperNewb »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 11:08:02 pm »
Did not report as I did not see any on at the time, as for the second question, the scoreboard is pointless as you gained 8 kills round one, but were leeching in round 2. I do agree that we have a problem, seeing as so many reports have been filed against you in the past. Topping the scoreboard at round one does not allow you a free card to leech at round two (and help your team lose).

I trust the admins to make a good decision, so I wish you a pleasant day.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 11:17:10 pm »
Did not report as I did not see any on at the time, as for the second question, the scoreboard is pointless as you gained 8 kills round one, but were leeching in round 2. I do agree that we have a problem, seeing as so many reports have been filed against you in the past. Topping the scoreboard at round one does not allow you a free card to leech at round two (and help your team lose).

I trust the admins to make a good decision, so I wish you a pleasant day.

Not that you did not see the 5 minute ban issued and the pink text the very next round when I TK'd the guy?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 11:37:28 pm by SuperNewb »

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 11:20:55 pm »
Not that you did not see the 5 minute ban issued and the pink text the very next round when I TK'd the guy?

Oh I did indeed see that, but in your own words that was the next round, thus in the future. It was the first I noticed an admin presence at the following round, and as I mentioned earlier I did not notice any admins at the time of the incident where I took my screenshots. I posted it on the forums as I was unsure if any admins saw it, and might have missed it and logged on at the start of next round. =)

Happy to answer your questions, have a good day sir.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 11:37:12 pm »
"Not the first time he did this, but he did it enough that I took a screenshot after seeing it for enough for one day."

Glad to note that you took the one screenshot where I had no weapon and post about it.

Yet
Oh I did indeed see that, but in your own words that was the next round, thus in the future.

To take a screenshot of me, find the URL from your steam, posting a message to ban me is indeed in the future. But the future we are talking about is the very next round, as stated before, where the admins were talking. So did you post this while the game was going on because if so I would like to report you for not contributing to the team and messing with the in-game balance due to you not participating in the round and staying dead to farm experience.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 11:40:10 pm »
You seem upset, I'm sorry.

Offline SuperNewb

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 11:41:13 pm »
I was planning on playing today but those plans were ruined because of a false accusation.