Poll

Add a +1 Hit point item for Level 34 retirement?

Yes, give the grinders a bone and give them a reason to retire.
No, I do not want to see these changes for reasons I have posted
I would prefer to see the item do something different, that I have posted

Author Topic: Lvl 34 retire  (Read 1517 times)

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
Lvl 34 retire
« on: March 16, 2012, 06:55:56 pm »
+2
My suggestion is to add a trinket slot for a Lvl 34 retirement item. The ONLY thing this item does is give you +1 hit point for each time you level to 34 and retire.

This will not throw off any armor or weapon balance. It will not make them super human. But they might survive an extra arrow or PS 3 strike from melee.

For those who never made it that far, it takes about 35 million experience, or about 4x what it takes to reach lvl 31.

Make this trinket NOT able to be traded on the market. The only players that will have them are those who sacrificed 35 million experience and a lvl 34 build for it.

It would take literally years for anyone to get even as many extra hp's as a couple spare skill points tossed into IF.

But, for those grinders amongst us, they are usually more than willing to spend 4-6 months leveling just to get that 1 extra hit point. And if someone makes it to +10? So what? They made 350 million experience points to get it. (Do the math, even at x5). Hey, I hope the mod is still alive that long!

EDIT: Because it wasn't clear, this is INSTEAD OF the level 31 heirloom (which is worthless to high level veterans and no incentive at all to retire back into peasanthood)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 05:43:57 pm by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
Re: Lvl 34 retire
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 06:57:40 pm »
For the clueless: HP=35+STR+2*IF.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Elmokki

• Count
  • Renown: 192
  • Infamy: 18
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: United democratic national whatever
  • Game nicks: elmokki_Krokotiili
  • IRC nick: Elmokki
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 07:11:39 pm »
This is actually a non-retarded over-level-31 retiring suggestion. I would, however, probably cap the hp boost to 10 or something. As unlikely as it is those will become common, if cRPG stays up for a long time they eventually will.

Offline Bulzur

• Earl
  • Renown: 465
  • Infamy: 102
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild.
  • Game nicks: Guard_Bulzur
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 07:29:18 pm »
Any advantage in game due to "late" retiring is not acceptable.
Since devs wanted people to retire "AT" lv31, and not stay high level. If you continued leveling, then, it was your choice, and there's no reason to give you "now" a little bone for it.

Also, it's funny how everyone always says "Just consider it, being level 33 and retiring is the same as retiring 4 times already !". This is complete bullshit. Yes, the total amount of experience needed is the same. But on one case, you spent 3/4th of the total time as an high level, easily destroying other peoples (providing the same skill), whereas in the other case, you "play" 4 long times as a peasant, all over and over again.

The only reasonable suggestion to "make" high level people retire, was adding this 4th heirloom level, wich doesn't give ANY advantage (or a very little +1 in speed OR +1 dmg OR +0,3 weight), compared to the +3, BUT, added a special honorific :
All hail Gnjus' Mighty Great Maul !

So... No.
[14:36] <@chadz> when you login there is a message "your life as horse archer was too depressing for you. you decided to commit suicide. please create a new char"
[19:32] <@chadz> if(dave_ukr_is_in_server) then rain_chance = 98%;

Offline Turboflex

• Duke
  • Renown: 648
  • Infamy: 212
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 08:32:09 pm »
Yes seriously wtf is with all these lvl 33-34 guys acting like they been unfairly penalized while they enjoyed a juiced up character for months??? Bet you weren't so unhappy when you were ripping up peasants to pad your k:d ratio on the battlefield.

Offline justme

• Count
  • Renown: 188
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Bandits
  • Game nicks: Bandit_Elsupreme
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 09:43:15 pm »
+1
lvl 34 is around 80 mil, lvl 35 is 181 mil..

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 12:27:29 am »
To the shortsighted:

You WANT these people to retire.

And here is what I will say no to:

Anything that is a negative motivator.

And oh yes, they will continue to rip up the battlefield. Your green face of envy will not change that  :mrgreen:

The only reasonable suggestion to "make" high level people retire, was adding this 4th heirloom level, wich doesn't give ANY advantage (or a very little +1 in speed OR +1 dmg OR +0,3 weight),

So... No.

No. That WOULD create an item imbalance. Did you even think about what you wrote?
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 12:32:37 am by Rumblood »
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 12:50:41 am »
Yeah this is fine. Why not throw another intensive in? 1 loom point for every level past 31, so a 34 gets 4 points and the popes medallion or what ever the heck it is.

Maybe it could be a stupid looking hat the goes over the top of your helmet, one of those pointy dunce hats.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline Rumblood

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 04:22:07 am »
Yeah this is fine. Why not throw another intensive in? 1 loom point for every level past 31, so a 34 gets 4 points and the popes medallion or what ever the heck it is.

Maybe it could be a stupid looking hat the goes over the top of your helmet, one of those pointy dunce hats.

No. Go to the other thread for stacking loom points. You are in the wrong one.

In fact, I would be fine with it being a choice between another heirloom (the one you earned when you made lvl 31), or this item.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 595
  • Infamy: 2521
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 08:56:42 am »
I don't want these.

Offline John

• Knight
  • Renown: 41
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: None
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 09:35:14 am »
Rank 5 plate heirloom, but don't worry - you can only get it by retiring at level 35, so almost no one is going to get it.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 11:26:24 am »
I still think named, unique +4 items would be best motivation for lvl 34 retire.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline owens

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 389
  • cRPG Player
  • PK_BALLA
    • View Profile
    • Our Website
  • Faction: Persian Kittens
  • Game nicks: PK's nice guy
  • IRC nick: PK world tour pm to donate
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 11:50:37 am »
^no

everything above is stupid.
PK is back

PK is a collection of elites from throughout modern and ancient history. Giants of Calradia individually, as a group these gods of combat shatter all expectations and ascend to a higher plain of victory that only a few have seen before.

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 11:59:25 am »
+1
So your ^no is stupid, too?
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Glory

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2012, 12:02:02 pm »
My suggestion is to add a trinket slot for a Lvl 34 retirement item. The ONLY thing this item does is give you +1 hit point for each time you level to 34 and retire.

This will not throw off any armor or weapon balance. It will not make them super human. But they might survive an extra arrow or PS 3 strike from melee.

For those who never made it that far, it takes about 35 million experience, or about 4x what it takes to reach lvl 31.

Make this trinket NOT able to be traded on the market. The only players that will have them are those who sacrificed 35 million experience and a lvl 34 build for it.

It would take literally years for anyone to get even as many extra hp's as a couple spare skill points tossed into IF.

But, for those grinders amongst us, they are usually more than willing to spend 4-6 months leveling just to get that 1 extra hit point. And if someone makes it to +10? So what? They made 350 million experience points to get it. (Do the math, even at x5). Hey, I hope the mod is still alive that long!
No, no, no - best that can be done is 1 loom point per every 8.5 mil exp(its31lvl). So 32 lvl 2lp, 33lvl 4lp, 34lvl 8lp, 35lvl 16 lp