Author Topic: 21/15 shielder  (Read 2288 times)

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • Renown: 24
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
21/15 shielder
« on: March 16, 2012, 05:12:05 pm »
so i have every intention of running 21/15 at 30 till i get myself loom'd up. my question is what weapons should i be look at with 7 PS and 5 athletics? like length and speed wise?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
How i get kills...

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
Re: 21/15 shielder
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 05:18:18 pm »
A Nordic War Sword is good combination of range, speed, and damage(cut).
Broad 1h Axe for shield breaking and damage, but short reach.
Military pick/steel pick  or Iberian Mace for tin can opening. Short reach again.

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 05:21:07 pm »
im currently running around with an elite scimitar and the broad one handed battle axe.. i like the axe, just dont know if i should be looking for something stat wise for a primary sword...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:29:38 pm by martyrAD »
How i get kills...

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 05:36:31 pm »
+1
The axe is a high damage 3-direction cut weapon, so I suggest a complementary weapon such as a Steel Pick (Anti-armour) or a Warhammer (almost as good anti-armour, has crushthrough and 4 attack directions)  to fill the "gaps," or a very long (100+ reach) sword that can stab (for the range, though honestly I don't suggest yet another cut weapon). I am personally a big fan of the Steel Pick.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 05:39:36 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline BaleOhay

• Marshall
  • Renown: 789
  • Infamy: 229
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BS
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2012, 05:52:07 pm »
I carry a my shield and three weapons.

MW iberian mace to hurt armor. (+ hits hard and knock down, - bit slow and short) Fear the Thumpstick
1 handed battle axe (+ shield breaker decent cut, - bit slow and short)
MW simple sword use when shield breaks and/or I need speed and more reach (you can get much better than simple sword. This is just my strat thine arms and armor money maker)
Leader of BS

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2012, 05:55:57 pm »
+1
...or a Warhammer (almost as good anti-armour, has crushthrough and 4 attack directions)...
It's no crushthrough, it's knockdown I think :)

I would personally suggest using one of the 3 expensive swords. If you like stabbing people Long Espada Eslavona, if you want both good swing and stab Knightly arming sword, if you don't like thrust at all nordic champion's sword. Warhammer and picks also make good weapons to use in siege as well.

OK everyone knows these weapons. But do you know THIS weapon? Italian falchion! Which is very fast, deals very good damage and also very cheap. The only problem is the short range (which is more than warhammer and steel pick). I highly suggest considering it. It's short range sometimes becomes and adventage in the chaos of the battlefield, allowing you to slash enemies without fear of hitting teammates. It is like the yataghan, from the WFaS. Fast and deadly.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 06:00:08 pm by Ronin »
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2012, 05:58:17 pm »
Oops, heh, good catch. Still, very useful.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2012, 06:01:23 pm »
+1
Tears of destiny I love you. You always vote my posts +1 :D
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2012, 06:35:39 pm »
so wearing mail armor i shouldnt have too many issues with these short weapons?
How i get kills...

Offline Zanze

• Earl
  • Renown: 366
  • Infamy: 69
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Ravens of Valhalla
  • Game nicks: Raven_Zan
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2012, 06:41:01 pm »
In my opinion, 15lb max as a shielder. You'll get kited.

I prefer using 10-12lb. All a matter of preference.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2012, 06:41:35 pm »
Just be a bit careful and you will not be swarmed. You need to have an opportunistic play style to get only 5 athletics to work, but it is viable. Just don't lead charges, be a few steps behind to properly react.

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2012, 06:45:09 pm »
well steel pick is working out alright so far, running 21/15 7IF 7PS 5-Shield 5Athand 5WM with 146 hand wpf
How i get kills...

Offline Vodner

• Duke
  • Renown: 526
  • Infamy: 73
  • cRPG Player
  • SaulCanner
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: SaulCanner
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2012, 07:19:17 pm »
+1
With 5 ath, you might want to look into using a Nordic champion sword, a knightly arming sword, an elite scimitar, an Italian sword, an Arabian cavalry sword, or a military cleaver as your primary weapon.

When I have 5 ath, I feel that the shorter weapons (axes, can openers) severely reduce the opportunities I have to hit enemies in group fights, especially without getting in the way of other teammates. Also, if you use a short weapon and find yourself in a 1v1 vs a faster opponent, you are in for a very tedious fight.

Offline martyrAD

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
  • wut?
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2012, 07:30:21 pm »
i end up doing alot of flanking/skirmishing becuase i notice my teammates are more deadly then the enemy to me, regardless of what weapon i use.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2012, 07:40:26 pm by martyrAD »
How i get kills...

Offline Spawny

• Count
  • Renown: 152
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Templar_Spawny
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2012, 07:32:36 pm »
Also, if you use a short weapon and find yourself in a 1v1 vs a faster opponent, you are in for a very tedious fight.

This.

Even with 6 athletics and a short weapon, there will be loads of people who will just keep you on the edge of their reach (greatswords and the like) and you will hardly be able to get a swing in. Prepare to take 2-3 hits on your shield before you get 1 shot at them.

The problem is even if you are number 1 in NA you are still only number 467 in EU or the worst in AUS(number 17)