Author Topic: A few questions  (Read 342 times)

Offline Zealok

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
A few questions
« on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:11 pm »
First,

A couple times, while using a polearm, ive fought people and tried to block lets say an upper hand attack from a 2 handed mace. Some how the attack go through and hit me, do the way the reaches work is that if your close enough you can manuever it to hit behind your target?

Also is there a way to make it so buttons choose the direction of which you hit, now your mouse?

Is there a guide or video on how to use polearms in combat? Any tips?

Thanks!

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
Re: A few questions
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 01:29:23 am »
+1
First,

A couple times, while using a polearm, ive fought people and tried to block lets say an upper hand attack from a 2 handed mace. Some how the attack go through and hit me, do the way the reaches work is that if your close enough you can manuever it to hit behind your target?
It is possible to maneuver to the side of somebodies block if they let you around to their side. However, i think you could be describing a greatmaul, which can crushthrough overhead blocks and hit you.

Also is there a way to make it so buttons choose the direction of which you hit, now your mouse?
You can set both block directions and attack directions to be done by movement keys. HOWEVER, I don't know of any top player who uses these settings, since moue blocking/attack is superior in pretty much everyway. I personally think inverse attack directions is the best, since you are automatically turning into an attack you start.
Is there a guide or video on how to use polearms in combat? Any tips?
not really. There are some basic melee guides to read in the guides section.
Thanks!
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.