Author Topic: The Sacrifice  (Read 3199 times)

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
The Sacrifice
« on: March 15, 2012, 03:01:20 pm »
+5
Calradia, the 3rd coming of Strat
- the time of the Great Divide

And so the armies of CHAOS stand in line, ready to defend what small order is left in the lands to the North... oh the irony.

I stand here to observe a crucial time, a time in which history is made. Their homelands burned, their villages razed and their former lands poisoned, I am here to hold account of the men of Stratia and their sacrifice.

The North of Calradia has been at war for some time now, torn up between squabbling clans, fighting for pieces of land they have no means of holding onto for long. While the battles have been waging back and forth and just as it seemed one side would gain the upper hand, a catastrophic event froze the Northern lords in place.

Throngs of men from the Southern lands of Calradia, strengthened by the subjugation of their rivals and following long years of peace and economic upturn are marching into the North! The forces of the invaders, attacking the Northern lands of Calradia at their darkest hour, seem to come with a clear goal: to destroy everything in their path and leave nothing behind but ashes.

The lands of CHAOS are first in their path. With their armies deployed in the steppes and bedded in a false sense of security, the folk of Stratia have no means of standing against the invaders. Battles turn out to be slaughters of village population, where the elders and the ones too young to fight suffer the brunt savagery of the Southerners. The invaders show no mercy and all that was once a proud people and green lands, lays now barren and burnt.

Immediately the council of CHAOS calls for a truce with the lords of the steppe, them being on the brink of losing the war, to be able to return home and save what there is left to save. To put behind the differences there were to fight the one common enemy, carving their path of destruction through all Northern lands. But lo, the Hospitaller men and their allies refuse, clearly with the intent to benefit from the upheaval.

Knowing their lands lost and their families under the earth, I asked the men of Stratia what there is left for them to fight for. I was not surprised to hear their answer:

"Even though there are rebellions breaking out and raiding bandits about, the lands in the North are still held by our allies and friends. People with families and homes, just like the ones we lost. We are a doomed people already, the walking dead, that have lost it all. If it is not us to stand in the path of the invaders, not us to fight them and stop them, who will?

Let this be known as the sacrifice of CHAOS, the sacrifice necessary to buy time for the North to get organized, to put past struggles behind and fight together the common foe. Let them know what needs to be done, what is the right thing to do, so our sacrifice is not for naught."

So the armies of CHAOS in a long march reached the area of the village Karindi and chose to make their stand. 3 great battles and then some to decide the fate of the North.

Choose wisely, men of Calradia, which side you will be on!

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 03:07:56 pm by dynamike »
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
Re: The Sacrifice
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2012, 03:46:42 pm »
Well, we finally get to have a decent fight with our armies. It's too bad about the time slot, most of our guys aren't going to be able to enjoy the fun.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2012, 04:21:07 pm »
Yeah saw those three big open field battles taking place today.  Too bad I'm at work...if I was in Chaos I'd go home early and get in on the action.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Casimir

• King
  • Renown: 1756
  • Infamy: 271
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • The Dashing Templar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Knights Templar
  • Game nicks: Templar_Casimir
  • IRC nick: Casimir
« Reply #3 on: March 15, 2012, 05:17:24 pm »
+1
Repenteth thy sins. repenteth thy heresy. Embrace the light of Armagan, and you shall be delivered from damnation.

(click to show/hide)
Turtles

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2012, 07:38:42 pm »
+3
would have been nice if that 3 or 4 or 5k in troops that Chaos had was fighting Hospitallers...we'd have some good battles and be during peak NA times...

Fuck....
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline dynamike

• King
  • Renown: 1212
  • Infamy: 187
  • Let's be friends again?
    • View Profile
    • The Remnants Clan Website
  • Faction: Stratia
  • Game nicks: Remnant_dynamike
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2012, 08:03:40 pm »
would have been nice if that 3 or 4 or 5k in troops that Chaos had was fighting Hospitallers...we'd have some good battles and be during peak NA times...

Fuck....

Tell me about it  :(

With our fiefs to keep up production this would have been quite good times ahead. Therefore: repel invaders --> back to NA fun!
For while the fire in the heart of a single Remnant still burns... can Stratia truly have fallen?

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2012, 08:14:14 pm »
It's not my decision to make.  And if it was, I still doubt I'd go for the "fair/fun fight" route and probably be strictly strategic and keep trying to grow the faction, get the army larger, squash upstarts from getting too big, and keep making money.

Sucks for you, and I'm sure we'll eventually be in the crosshairs of some of these large EU factions...so maybe in the long run it would benefit Hospitallers to repel the EU invaders...really can be looked at either way, just a matter of how you justify it in your head (again, that's just how I imagine leadership sees things, I really don't know for sure).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #7 on: March 15, 2012, 08:22:04 pm »
Yeah, NA pretty much dies with us.  Sure you guys will grow for a bit (maybe even forever) but you'll just be bored stomping peasant bandits, eventually.

That's why I don't understand why you guys are supporting your "non-allied" DRZ.  In this case the enemy of your enemy should be your enemy just as much as they are to your enemy.  They are stealing from you the chance at a true victory against us.  And a lot of fun NA battles.

Edit: And I mean your faction, pretty much, as a whole.  I know you have some EU hospitallers that have been helping a lot but your leadership (and even those who do not participate in the battles) seem to wholeheartedly welcome DRZ.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 08:23:08 pm by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2012, 08:40:11 pm »
Well the saying is the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  So that would make DRZ our friends.  I know what you're saying about a fun fight, but in strategy and war you never want to fight on equal footing, you always want to have the upper hand.  That's my view (if I was a leader and I had my commander goggles on).  As a lowly foot soldier I take the opposite view, I really enjoy fair fights and large battles.

If it really comes down to it, there's no reason why the NA faction leaders can't organize events on the weekend or weeknights using the battle group function.  We'd still be able to 60v60 battles, we'd have organization, and you can specify what equipment gets used. 

The only down fall is you're not fighting for any pixel crack (i.e. fiefs on a web page), and I don't think you get XP when you fight in the battle groups (I'm assuming you don't). 
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2012, 10:34:44 pm »
Well the saying is the enemy of my enemy is my friend.  So that would make DRZ our friends.  I know what you're saying about a fun fight, but in strategy and war you never want to fight on equal footing, you always want to have the upper hand.
Well, what I was saying... in this case, the common saying isn't apt.  :mrgreen:

You've been talking on and on about how you were winning the war all along, so here comes a more powerful faction stomping out the enemy you had your boot hovering over, they are merely becoming more powerful.

I mean, I get it, regardless you just want to see us extinguished.  Either you're allied with DRZ or many of you guys care less about strat as a whole as I'd been lead to believe as you're sealing your own coffin by letting a mutual/potential enemy grow stronger.  Maybe it no longer matters, maybe it never mattered.

Maybe our only hope now rests in....

BRD CLAN

USA USA USA

Offline KaMiKaZe_JoE

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 117
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Cavalieres
  • Game nicks: KaMiKaZe _______
« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2012, 11:32:27 pm »
Good battles. I'd say great, but my ping sucked because my family's poor. Plus DRZ and friends had a clear equipment advantage of CHAOS and friends.

DRZ's many archers shot the fuck out of us, and their heavily armored infantry were hard to kill despite our ping advantage. Their armored cavalry did a good job of defending their archers from our swift coursers--alas, too few in number regardless.

In the later battles, CHAOS's infantry were left to face DRZ's infantry, archers, and cavalry. The horses died, and our bowmen were too few in number. It is a testament to the skill of CHAOS and friends that they were able to put up the fight they did!

DRZ better keep attacking, because this shit's fun (no sarcasm, it really was fun).
"I don't think I'd want to meet anyone from cRPG. Sorry no offense lol" -TG

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 11:36:40 pm »
RibaldRon, :) how do u come up with such ideas :)

wise thing would be to allow us to waste tickets and resources, grow strong, recover from war, and gain advantage over hostile factions and potential enemies
when UIF looks at you

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 11:42:10 pm »
KaMiKaZe_JoE, we had really good fun today too :) thanks.
Ping sucks bad, but still, field battles.
when UIF looks at you

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 11:44:15 pm »
RibaldRon, :) how do u come up with such ideas :)

wise thing would be to allow us to waste tickets and resources, grow strong, recover from war, and gain advantage over hostile factions and potential enemies
I was talking about the Hospitallers, who are not "allied" with you, or so you both keep claiming.  They were winning the war against us, apparently, so why let you destroy us and just become stronger?  Smart move would be to try and preserve us, weakening you in the process, so they can make the land grab later.

*And this was pretty much the last day of battles so GG.  Was fun, great XP.  Just saying that it was kind of a dumb move for a non-allied clan to assist you war effort.

USA USA USA

Offline Nebun

• Duke
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 11:51:42 pm »
we got a lot of non allied clans mercing or us :)

even lots of bandits applied for us, and ex enemy factions, but we didn't want to risk and didn't accept them
when UIF looks at you