Author Topic: Bannar Balance on pls  (Read 2763 times)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Bannar Balance on pls
« Reply #15 on: March 08, 2011, 10:34:23 am »
Im in a clan and i disagree with bannar balance if you want a CLAN battle then you go to a private server, For Battle modes etc Bannar balance is abused by "CLANS" being able to like you said CORDINATE there attacks its unfair to players who are not in a CLAN or dont want to be in a CLAN.
You allways get 3 - 10 Clan members stacking on one team because of bannars and they stick together 10 people ganging people is very powerful as they are all gonig to stay together.

BANNN THE BANNAR BALANCE OR I BANN YOUR MUM.

You are right SoA is not gonna be the type of clan you mention any time soon but you can always use another clans banner.  The people without Clans can do this as well pretty simple imo.

Not really sure how team work and organization is unfair maybe you can explain it in more depth?

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2011, 10:54:14 am »
Im in a clan and i disagree with bannar balance if you want a CLAN battle then you go to a private server, For Battle modes etc Bannar balance is abused by "CLANS" being able to like you said CORDINATE there attacks its unfair to players who are not in a CLAN or dont want to be in a CLAN.

Back in Native, Battle mode was always for those who wanted to experience and participate in teamplay.
Those who wanted to just randomly kill people for frags went to Deathmatch mode.

I'd say the problem of cRPG is that it does not have Deathmatch mode. As much as I dislike that mode, it would be good to have it so that people not interested in clans or any form of teamplay can go there. I say any form of teamplay because anyone interested in teamplay can change his banner to some clan's banner and coordinate with them (even without being in a clan).

I quite enjoy banner balance because I dislike the anarchistic style of gameplay of many players, and I think it's fair those players lose since they're obviously not interested in their team winning, just in themselves having some "fun" randomly fighting (which is what Deathmatch mode is for).
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline GaenaralHONK

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: 22nd_Battalion
  • Game nicks: 22nd_War_GaenaralHONK ; 22nd_Honkytonky ; Swafnir ; Imma_Throw_Up
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2011, 03:28:10 pm »
Back in Native, Battle mode was always for those who wanted to experience and participate in teamplay.
Those who wanted to just randomly kill people for frags went to Deathmatch mode.

I'd say the problem of cRPG is that it does not have Deathmatch mode. As much as I dislike that mode, it would be good to have it so that people not interested in clans or any form of teamplay can go there. I say any form of teamplay because anyone interested in teamplay can change his banner to some clan's banner and coordinate with them (even without being in a clan).

I quite enjoy banner balance because I dislike the anarchistic style of gameplay of many players, and I think it's fair those players lose since they're obviously not interested in their team winning, just in themselves having some "fun" randomly fighting (which is what Deathmatch mode is for).

THIS.

i loved team deathmatch cos ppl there were totally stupid running with their horses into my pike/great sword in native, dying like lemmings! you had a few ppl who actually knew there was a right mouse button that you could use to block, and even more few who used this - most really ran around like headless chicken just going for the next best frag

easy targtes, so i enjoyed TDM mode  8-)

Offline Stud_Muffin

• Knight
  • Renown: 38
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: PleasantPheasantPeasant
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2011, 04:11:32 pm »

+1 I agree completly

Offline Harpag

• Marshall
  • Renown: 914
  • Infamy: 263
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • jebać merców
    • View Profile
  • Faction: UIF
  • Game nicks: Harpag_the_Grey
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2011, 04:48:44 pm »
You allways get 3 - 10 Clan members stacking on one team because of bannars and they stick together 10 people ganging people is very powerful as they are all gonig to stay together.

BANNN THE BANNAR BALANCE OR I BANN YOUR MUM.

Is this a joke? This game is a team game. Organize instead of whining :-) Don't be selfish, invite others to TS :-)
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2011, 09:53:31 pm »
Let me post one example:

I'm defender on a Siege map that is very easy to defend. My teammates and I spam "camp flag" which is easy, braindead, and tactically fine way to win on that map.
What do half of defenders do? They fight on distance walls protecting irrelevant pieces of the map, and feeling satisfied how they are contributing to their team, or perhaps they're just "having fun - dont tell us what to do".

Solution?

Solution is leaving these jokers or zombies alone, joining the server with a bunch of teammates, and winning.

That's what banner balance is for. Banner balance exists so that anarchists and soloers can do what they want on the map, jokers can joke, zombies can crawl around - and people interested in winning - win.

People who like banner balance play to win, people who don't like banner balance don't play to win anyway - so why complain?
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Kalam

• Duke
  • Renown: 697
  • Infamy: 163
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Never do an enemy a small injury.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Linebreakers
  • Game nicks: Cavalieres_Midnighter, Dunsparrow
  • IRC nick: Kalam
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2011, 10:14:44 pm »

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 28, 2011, 07:18:58 am »
I also enjoy banner balance, playing with or without a group. It would be nice to see other factors taken into account along with it though; perhaps generation number (more experience), level, etc if only to get rid of issues where teams are 47v31 due to straight banner balance.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline NuberT

• Earl
  • Renown: 436
  • Infamy: 45
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: NuberT_HRE
  • IRC nick: NuberT_HRE
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2011, 08:41:02 am »
Banner balance is the best feature the patch brought us.

Offline The_Bloody_Nine

• Marshall
  • Renown: 946
  • Infamy: 108
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • "I am still alive"
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 28, 2011, 09:20:30 am »
I'm in no clan. Banner balance is the best, turn it on allways. (It is allways activated on EU servers, isn't it?)

Offline Felagunda

• Peasant
  • Renown: 5
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 10:31:09 am »
Banner balance is the best feature the patch brought us.

Exactly what the old Takeda guys said when I told them about the patch changes.

Offline MouthnHoof

• Noble
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • IRC nick: MouthnHoof
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 11:16:20 am »
Banner balance only works for large population. When the population is low it often becomes one clan against the PUG, which means nearly constant x5 for the clan members.
On large population servers, there are usually more than one clan on, so they are distributed between the teams and it balances out more.

There should be a feature to turn it off automatically if population get below X number. There could be an additional required condition that the ratio of the most numerous banner to the second most numerous is too high - if the ratio is close to one than there are at least two balanced clans and the banner balance can be kept down to lower numbers.

Offline Cyclopsided

• Duke
  • Renown: 513
  • Infamy: 51
  • Formerly "Marathon". #sluttiestAdmin
    • View Profile
  • Faction: CHAOS
  • Game nicks: Cyclopsided_of_Chaos, CYBD, Brunchlady
  • IRC nick: Cyclopsided
« Reply #27 on: March 28, 2011, 11:36:15 am »
When I am on with BRD and it is low population we never end up on the same team all as one group. We always get split up.
The game will always balance groups apart if it is not fair, and it does.
Also, I have declared myself #1 NA hybrid thrower
Formerly known as Marathon.
As an NA admin, I am the most laid back and concerned with the ~fun of the game~ above all other factors. I've also been super inactive since Summer 2012. University takes most of my time, but I still find some time to play when i can.

Offline Madcat

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Ferroh
« Reply #28 on: March 28, 2011, 01:01:47 pm »
I sometimes see large clans on one team, and they will lose most if not all rounds.
A huge clan on the same team isn't as intimidating as most of the top players in the same team, which I think is more common and deciding.

I think there is just too much chaos involved, for a 10 man clan team to dominate the battlefield. But it sure is fun to watch or be apart of.

Edit:

Unless we are talking about 10 horse archers on the same team :D

« Last Edit: March 28, 2011, 01:07:16 pm by Madcat »

Offline Puppybull

• Noble
  • Renown: 10
  • cRPG Player
  • QQ
    • View Profile
    • Facebook page
  • Faction: The Free Companies of Calradia