Add this feature?

Yes
123 (85.4%)
No
13 (9%)
Only if you nerf the secondary mode slightly
8 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 144

Author Topic: Secondary mode for bows  (Read 7903 times)

Offline Miwiw

• King
  • Renown: 1267
  • Infamy: 525
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HRE
  • Game nicks: Miwiw
Re: Secondary mode for bows
« Reply #90 on: August 11, 2012, 04:17:35 pm »
Hm, it suddenly fell down to 56, I.E not good enough. How'd that happen?

Are you scared of Archers using arrows according to your armor? :D
Miwiw_HRE - Two Handed
Trade with me

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 11, 2012, 04:19:14 pm »
You just lost my respect and love gurnisson....
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Gurnisson

• King
  • Renown: 1750
  • Infamy: 362
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Nordmen
  • Game nicks: SeaRaider_Gurnisson
« Reply #92 on: August 11, 2012, 04:23:16 pm »

Are you scared of Archers using arrows according to your armor? :D

Just trolling my love, Muffin.

You just lost my respect and love gurnisson....

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)
I voted Gurnisson cause of his fucking bendy pike, I swear noone can roflcopter stab like he can.

Offline Blueberry Muffin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 749
  • Infamy: 119
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: August 15, 2012, 02:49:04 pm »

(click to show/hide)

Oh you do know how to spoil a girl!   :oops:
Lizard_Man: Fuck all that! Rather buy me 4 cans of Stella..
Cymro: Wife beater stella
Lizard_Man: It'll get ya drunk! You'll be fucking fat girls in no time! You might even fight a nigga or two! Mmmm-mmm, bitch!

Offline Grumpy_Nic

• King
  • Renown: 1023
  • Infamy: 306
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Burg Krems
  • Game nicks: Hermann_von_Krems
« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2012, 11:11:42 am »
Sounds good. Shielder can put away his shield when axe guy attacks which makes sense somehow. Archer can reach for second quiver.
Approved  :mrgreen:

Also add a 0-Slot Knucklering for boxing! Like stones but faster and with 1h proficiency

Offline Guray

• Duke
  • Renown: 574
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Geceniz esen, göğünüz bol yıldızlı olsun.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Guray
« Reply #95 on: June 19, 2014, 01:23:05 pm »
+4
please add this
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline matt2507

• King
  • Renown: 1013
  • Infamy: 168
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • It is when making anything that we become anyone.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Mercenaries
  • Game nicks: Merc_Raylin The_Village_Idiot Mohamed_Ali
« Reply #96 on: June 19, 2014, 03:54:51 pm »
Voted yes but...

I'm watching the scripts again and again and, even with all the will of Calradia, i do not see how that would be possible.
The secondary mode was not made to change weapon or item. It only works to alter an item with other stats that you had provided.

Exemple with native throwing axes:
["throwing_axes", "Throwing Axes", [("throwing_axe_a",0)], itp_type_thrown |itp_merchandise|itp_primary|itp_next_item_as_melee,itcf_throw_axe,
490, weight(5)|difficulty(3)|spd_rtng(98) | shoot_speed(18) | thrust_damage(39,cut)|max_ammo(4)|weapon_length(53),imodbits_thrown_minus_heavy ],

["throwing_axes_melee", "Throwing Axe", [("throwing_axe_a",0)], itp_type_one_handed_wpn |itp_primary|itp_bonus_against_shield,itc_scimitar,
490, weight(1)|difficulty(3)|spd_rtng(98) | swing_damage(29,cut)|weapon_length(53),imodbits_thrown_minus_heavy ],

In the first code line, you have the throwing axe. With it, you have the flag "itp_next_item_as_melee"
This flag mean that the next item in the script will be the item that correspond to secondary mode.

This would mean that each arrows would have his secondary mode but it would not be possible to choose another type of existing arrow.
For example, if you have tatar arrows, it will not be possible to switch to bodkin. You can only switch to a secondary mode for tatar arrows.

It is simply impossible to set this flag with another weapon in secondary mode.

Edit: fack, didn't see it was a heavy necro...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2014, 04:03:10 pm by matt2507 »

No donkeys were harmed in the making of this gif.

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2014, 01:40:55 pm »
+1
What i would like to see is that they would have more melee abilities as well. Like i suggested it before make longsword, 2 handed sword, heavy bastard sword. One slot again. Instead of give them this silly one handers. To Draw a bow you need physically strength. And in this game it is the opposite thing. For they dont have it just because 2 handed guys dont want to accept the fact that this guys (archer) would have bigger muscle when this would be a realistic game. And not 2 handed would be the heavy slashing guys. And that's the only post what makes actually sense. In maybe bringing up an negative point of the suggestion.       

I like the idea of switching arrows. It is a good thread.

What would like to have would be a new damaging system. When you would be far enough away with a Milanese plate somebody could do any damage to you until you are not reached the 40 meter killing zone. Arrows would bounce of and also plop up from your Armour when you are not in range. And for the 1000 time this don't count for chain mail. And low tear Armour. And there you have the things what are really wrong. What need to be fixed maybe in the next game of this format.

The Pros of archery laying in they re mobility. That they have to keep up to the melees so that they not get slaughter by Cav. You can not say ohhh i get killed by 1 hand cav or polearm CAV again!!!! you have to keep up with melees when you are an foot archer. Another thing is that must of the melees dont care about archers they just let them die. Not seeing the point that it is maybe important that they survive to be victories. This is why i think team abilities should be still in the game as well. For me the with the current weaponmaster system shielders are in a big disadvantage when you fight against a 2 hander. And on the other end there is nobody who wants to do tactics. So that maybe shielders could do tactics in a melee combat. So that you get people to play professional again. It is really awful. So it took me a long time to finally find a usefull build for shielder again. Most of the people just switch to an insane amount of weaponmaster. And make theyre spam builds with they re small onehanders. What is what i personally not really like. also the returded 1 hand step. it is insane what damage you can make on a 2 handed guy. with a thrust. So i think this needs a bit re-balancing. When you really want to complain about that this suggestion (thread) and that it will ruin the current balancing you are wrong. What is wrong are the things what i just wrote down here.  :rolleyes:

Offline Simon_Templar

• Knight
  • Renown: 59
  • Infamy: 246
  • cRPG Player
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCZOzmKRuPk
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2014, 01:41:21 pm »
+1
And this time only in 1 post :D

Oh shit i did it again.  :wink:

Offline Sharpe

• Duke
  • Renown: 619
  • Infamy: 71
  • cRPG Player
  • I like Sheep.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Wales
  • Game nicks: Sharpe, Llewllyn
« Reply #99 on: June 21, 2014, 02:37:34 pm »
This is like the Lederhosen and Beer thread, good suggestion made 2 years ago; and hasnt been implemented since. With Zagibu gone no one will implement it more then likely.

“I like the cover," he said. "Don't Panic. It's the first helpful or intelligible thing anybody's said to me all day.”