Author Topic: Strat Suggestion: Player Prestige  (Read 748 times)

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
Strat Suggestion: Player Prestige
« on: March 14, 2012, 02:48:39 am »
Could we have a table somewhere ranking all the Strat players on the following criteria and then giving them a prestige score for bragging rights and e-peen.

Martial Prowess
- Calculated by multiplying each players K:D ratio by the XP they gained in a battle.  Do this for all of a players battles within the last 4 weeks, add it all up and then divide by the highest players total score.  Finally multiply by 100 to give a value out of 100.
- Notes: fighting with inferior gear gets you more XP so the restricted opportunity to get a good K:D is taken into account in this method which is fair imo. Activity is also rewarded highly as the more battles you fight, the higher your score will be.
- Example: I have a K:D of 3:2 and gained 200,000 XP in my only battle giving me a score of 300,000.  Say that the best player has a score of 1 million.  I therefore get a Martial Prowess of 30

Leadership
- Calculated by taking the total number of troops killed in battles led by the person within the last 4 weeks and subtracting this figure from the total number of kills made.  Again divide each players totals by the best players score and multiply by 100.
- Notes: Equipping your army and picking your targets wisely are both key parts of leading an army so they are rewarded in this system.  Picking a good battle commander and getting a good roster are also important and will improve your score.
- Example: If I led 1 battle in the last 4 weeks which overall saw me kill 50 more troops than I lost, then I get a score of 50.  If the best score in the last 4 weeks is 250, my Leadership score will be 20.  Note that if i had lost more troops than I killed I would get a leadership score of 0.

Acumen
- Each day the population of your fiefs is mutliplied by the total number of fiefs owned by your faction and then divided by the total number of players in your faction.  These daily scores are then added up for each day in the last 4 weeks, before being divided by the best player's score and mutiplied by 100.
- Notes: You are rewarded for holding more than your clans fair share of the Strat Map.  Castles and Towns score higher simply because they should be more prestigous and i'm hoping they will be more important in the future anyway.
- Example: I have held a 500 population village for the entirity of the 4 week period.  It is my clans only fief and we have had 20 members the entire time.  This gives me a score of 700.  If the best player has a score of 1000 then my Acumen score will be 70

Prestige
- This is the average value for the 3 seperate scores above
- Example:  Using the example values above, my Prestige would be 40

It would be nice if there could be 2 tables for this.  The first being a current Prestige table showing peoples scores from the last 4 weeks.  meanwhile the 2nd could be a historical Prestige table using people's highest ever scores for each criteria.

There is no real benefit from this suggestion, but it might add a bit of spice and competition to Strat as well as some more persoanl goals instead of simply having clan based ambitions.  Hopefully it might even improve activity a little.   

Offline FRANK_THE_TANK

• King
  • Renown: 1312
  • Infamy: 339
  • cRPG Player Sir White Knight
  • FluckCucker
    • View Profile
  • Faction: A Free and proud Peasant of Fisdnar!!!
  • Game nicks: FRANK_THE_TANK
  • IRC nick: Sippy sip
Re: Strat Suggestion: Player Prestige
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2012, 01:57:34 am »
+1
EPEEEEEEEn

Nice ideas but we could use more bug fixes and map fixes really.
Fammi un pompino!

I think I have ball cancer in my right nut :(
Good news everybody! It's not nut cancer :)
Bad news everybody, I got dumped :(

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2012, 02:06:14 am »
I think for Martial Prowess kill assists should come into play, or perhaps damage dealt.  I think KDR alone is a silly thing to aim for especially in strat.  I mean in battle or siege it's all that matters but in strat winning has a different effect.  Means you can continue on with an eventually stronger force.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2012, 02:00:26 pm »
I think for Martial Prowess kill assists should come into play, or perhaps damage dealt.  I think KDR alone is a silly thing to aim for especially in strat.  I mean in battle or siege it's all that matters but in strat winning has a different effect.  Means you can continue on with an eventually stronger force.

I just went with the easiest thing to calculate since my Martial Prowess score will be 0 no matter what :D  Damage dealt would be more realistic though and I'd be more than happy with that :)

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2012, 11:22:15 am »
 :rolleyes:

You're asking for the wrong things Tomas.  You should ask the devs to have you stop spawning in the enemy spawn when you spawn with a horse.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login