Author Topic: I want your 2 cents, but I'm not giving you anything in return! (1h/thrower)  (Read 1207 times)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
So I think this is what I'm gonna try to aim for/play but wanted some opinions,

lvl:  30
24 str / 12 agi
ironflesh:        6  (5*)
Powerstrike:   8
shield:             3 (4*)
Athletics:         4
Power Throw:  4
Weapon Mast: 4
1h:125
pole:50
throw:59
(*possibru)

I guess what I'm aiming to play is kind of a mixed shield user template. I like being able to be flexible and pick up a polearm insteaf of a 1h/shield out of boredom sometimes or just role with a 1h/shield/spear instead of 1h/shield/throwing. I went 4 Power throw to take advantage of throwing spears. I went 1h/xbow/spear in the past and liked the sacrificed specilization for added flexibility. Also keep in mind the majority of the time I play Siege rather than Battle. I'm also gen 2 with a +1 warhammer If that makes any difference.

Anyways just wanted to hear some thoughts on this template. Is 59 throwing way too low to hit a broadside of a barn from 10 feet away? I remember loving 50 xbow, will it be similar in accuracy to that? Should I just suck it up and drop the 50 pole for added throw/pole? washouldaideeewww?!?  :twisted:

advise me!

Offline Chris_P_Bacon

• Count
  • Renown: 195
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • I'm a pig.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Astralis
  • Game nicks: Ser_Chris_P_Bacon_Astralis, an_angry_piglet, A_Canadian_Seal_Clubber_Eh
(click to show/hide)
It looks doable, if not a little weak with the throwing, but not too bad for a hybrid I don't think. But I'm also not a thrower or a shielder.

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Weird build that's all over the place  :P

I would recommend maybe you go pole or 1H and utilize your throwing weapons in melee as a last resort?

I mean WPF isn't that important you may as well just dump them all in throwing and use a 1h or polearm or whatever you wanted and save the weapon master skill points.

all in all you could play with that build, my first gen I had skill points in things I NEVER utilized and still managed to do fairly well, and now I'm all the better for it.
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA

Offline Digglez

• Duke
  • Renown: 573
  • Infamy: 596
  • cRPG Player
  • YOU INCOMPETENT TOH'PAH!
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Northmen
  • Game nicks: GotLander, Hamarr, Digglesan, Black_D34th
spreading points between a ranged and 2 types of melee is setting yourself up for fail.  You dont have enough points in throwing and you are too slow with shield and only 4 ath

Offline isatis

• Duke
  • Renown: 624
  • Infamy: 78
  • cRPG Player
  • ink+water showing their true potential!
    • View Profile
    • le Clan des Cochons!
  • Faction: Le clan des Cochons!!
  • Game nicks: Cochon_Furtif_Isatis
  • IRC nick: Isatis
less pole more throw

anyway, are you good blocker? because you'll have to get some 1h no shield skillz in order to win this.

I would say, if you want a shield, only 1h wpf.
So the new response to ranged ragers is not "get a shield", it is "learn to chamber ranged nub!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline dark_bud

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
If I was going to go for a 1h shielder/thrower I'd do this:

Strength: 21
    Agility: 18
    Hit points: 56

Skills to attributes: 6

Power Strike: 7
    Shield: 6
    Athletics: 6
    Power Throw: 4
    Weapon Master: 3

One Handed: 100
    Throwing: 103

HP might be a little low, but you're a shielder, you don't rely on your hps, you use your shield.

(click to show/hide)

(click to show/hide)

Offline Sir_Hans

• Earl
  • Renown: 477
  • Infamy: 84
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Beached_Dolphin, Sir_Hans
nice thanks for the tips all.  :wink:

To answer that question: No I'm not too good at blocking.
I can block maybe 2-3 times on average in a row in a 1v1 fight ussualy, not very good at all.

Think I'm gonna switch more str to agi and probably drop the pole points altogether.

If I was planning on being more of a heavily armored bucket, does it make more sense to go either more towards a str or agi build?
Would the above mentioned 21/18 template be decent in heavy armor or is there anything I should change If I was planning on going bucket?

Offline dark_bud

• Peasant
  • Renown: 1
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Heavy armor will slow you down a bit, but it's still playable.  It would have a significant effect on throwing though do to how armor lowers wpf.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
You need just as much throwing wpf in order to have no PT problems while wearing your armor/equipment of choice, anything more is useless, remember, accuracy is in yo brainz.
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline Ronin

• Marshall
  • Renown: 859
  • Infamy: 198
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Well, I suggest trying this build with the "skip the fun" option. Cause it doesn't seem like a weak class. Instead, it seemed like a class which requires you to outsmart your opponents. I mean,you will be available of using a different kind of weapons in a fight. If you think being able to compete in different kinds of combat in a battle will help you and your team, maybe it is the way to go for you. I am not expert, but trying doesn't hurt as much as I know.

Though you may get bored of this build, even if you like it at the beginning. Just my opinion though.
Quote from: BlindGuy
Seems the fascists are gaining ground once again in UKR... right vving politics is SO bad for the general populace but STILL in times of trouble the uneducated turn to them for help, simply because they are so amoral they vvill supply those vvilling to fight vvith vveapons rather than knovvledge.

My UU key is broken incase you can't tell :D