Poll

What do you think?

Good idea. Keep your avatar.
60 (33.5%)
Good idea. Change your avatar.
56 (31.3%)
I don't play Strategus, I'm just here for ToD's thread.
9 (5%)
Bad idea. Change your avatar.
38 (21.2%)
Bad idea. Keep your avatar.
16 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Split the next Strategus into NA and EU.  (Read 7627 times)

Offline Rikthor

• Earl
  • Renown: 432
  • Infamy: 53
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BOARD Clan
  • Game nicks: Historian_Rikthorrr
Re: Split the next Strategus into NA and EU.
« Reply #60 on: March 16, 2012, 12:48:09 am »
+4
This is why I like Cicero, owns in game then owns people like Tears in a second language. +1 for Cicero and trolling freedom. -1 for Tears and oppression.
Quote from: chadz
No matter how long you guys cry - I will not give in to dumbing strategus down because some people just want battles. If all you want are battles, then play cRPG, not strat. There are other people who like advanced gameplay.

Trolololololol

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 16, 2012, 12:58:04 am »
+1
+ 1 to Cicero, because he can do a lot of things, for example
he can go and kill kapikulu, he can kill them on forum, he can come to their TS and order them to DIE and they will obey... Because he is strong!  :)
when UIF looks at you
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #62 on: March 16, 2012, 01:46:01 am »
+2
i can even make Fus Ro Dah with my nose

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #63 on: March 16, 2012, 01:52:40 am »
i can even make Fus Ro Dah with my nose
Fus-rah-CHOO?
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Materia

• Baron
  • Renown: 86
  • Infamy: 195
  • cRPG Player
  • Racist, and such.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Boxxy's Army
  • Game nicks: Materia, Boxxys_minion
  • IRC nick: -
« Reply #64 on: March 16, 2012, 12:43:11 pm »
Dont change your avatar.
+100% for being "racist retard". You rather be safe racist in your country, than dead French bundle of sticks under the truck wheels, blown to pieces by a bomb, or shot in your own country, by so called "refugees". Lewak logic. Youll all die, sooner or later :). Enemy of my enemy, is my friend. Muslims will deal with you, go use the power of crayons do defend yourself.

Offline Renten

• Knight
  • Renown: 36
  • Infamy: 4
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 16, 2012, 04:33:55 pm »
About NA not being able to fill up the whole map, I think it would be pretty interesting to see neutrals/mercanary armies/bandits owning fiefs alongside the factions.

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 17, 2012, 01:16:43 am »
+1
I'd say one of two things should happen: Either we completely split NA and EU into separate maps, or we go back to the old system of server assignment for fiefs. As it stands, NA loses access to playing in like, roughly two-thirds of fiefs/castle/towns on NA servers, and EU only loses access to playing in roughly one third of fiefs/castles towns.

Now, I'm also not for splitting NA and EU into separate maps. I think this would only serve to hurt smaller NA and EU clans when whatever mega-alliance inevitably arises. It is my personal desire that we just go back to the old system, where anyone can attack any Neutral fief and fight on their own server with decent ping instead of giving the NA players the short end of the stick.
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline Nebun

• Duke
  • Renown: 532
  • Infamy: 162
  • - BAD BECAUSE RUSSIAN -
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 17, 2012, 01:38:44 am »
+1
old system would be good but with huge new map :))
when UIF looks at you

Offline Matey

• King
  • Renown: 1327
  • Infamy: 372
  • cRPG Player
  • A Pirate
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Matey_BRD
« Reply #68 on: March 17, 2012, 01:48:54 am »
+3
the old system... but 2 changes...
1. as nebun said: bigger map
2. as someone else (smooth?) said in a diff thread, attacker chooses server, defender chooses time. (instead of attacker picks time and defender gets server)
that 2nd change would be great... the thing that sucks right now is defenders always get hit at shitty times where they cant make it, now it would be the attackers having issues with timing so it would be more important for them to have friends who can show up at various time, it might also encourage EU to fight EU since i think people would rather fight at prime time on shit ping than fight at horrible times on good ping... so it would be harder to launch offensives against other time zones unless you want to always fight at shitty times.
Also, night time would still work but it would be the defender basically setting a 8 hour window when they cannot schedule their defensive match, so that attackers would know it would occur within a 16 hour window but would have no influence over what that window is.

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #69 on: March 19, 2012, 03:58:15 am »
Now I don't know this for a fact but I believe strat = simulated warfare. Yet here you guys are asking for it to be fair....Like some people have suggested swallow your pride and allign with a "king" or be crushed like a rebel.

Yes larger size = more economic power.....duh?

They have 100 players or whatever......10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10+10 also = 100. Swallow your pride? Make allies? The only thing you can argue is that the larger army has more power.....and you think a larger organization should be weaker so it can be fair? I fail to see where that makes sense....

The larger map honestly I think would cause more harm than help. Sure you give the small NA clans that dont wish to form any alliance knowing they will be crushed when EU turns this way, some time to squabble over a small amount of territory....but you are also giving the super faction more room to dominate the economic side. There size gives them economic advantage and you want to give them more space to use their advantage? By the time they reached our doorstep they would be FAR more geared than they are now, unles every time they approach we reset the strat. If you would make it large enough to never see the two factions you might as well split them up(which I am opposed to, competition keeps people on their toes, or on their ass and they cry). Honestly I think making it smaller might be more effective. Force attacking, disrupting trade, and be very aggressive vs letting them stockpile and gain momentum. Anyways just my thoughts....

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2012, 06:14:30 am »
I think it would be nice if a new map was designed, perhaps closely to resemble campaign map, with some changes of course.

With a new, customized map, I don't think it would be too much of a stretch to improve how trading works, a simple system such as

- Selling goods DECREASES prosperity

- Buying goods INCREASES prosperity

Production would be neutral, however, fiefs would slowly CONSUME goods to increase prosperity, so the whole map would average a prosperity of zero.  Large transactions would decrease the fief's resources, so naturally, they will have less money to pay for additional goods.

A simpler idea would be to have set prices, such as in Native, that the fiefs will pay for good(s) of certain types.  This does not necessarily have to make sense based upon the layout of the map.  Grain in Dhirim becomes Praven's Ale.. or however that saying goes.  :rolleyes:

Anyway, this would help balance the map, so that there would be LOGICAL trade routes (cheap Grain from Dhirim, sold to Suno for Wine, sold for Ale in Praven, traded for Iron in Uxkhal, where each product is in demand, and contains a cheap resource in demand elsewhere) however with people taking advantage of these trade routes, the demands would be decreased, there would still be a profit in it, but a larger alliance would have more difficulty, over time, making money in the same transactions.

Oh, yeah, and the main production areas for said resources would begin to charge more, cutting profit margins of commonly traded goods for mega alliances.

Basically, the larger your trade alliance, the less profit each individual sees.  Overall, this would still BENEFIT a large alliance, but your entire alliance will not be turning your 3 gold goods into 25 gold (further multiplied by the distance bonus) by the thousands, continually.

This will also have traders playing a more active role in strat, and add to the realism, in that they will usually have SOME cargo on their person(s) which they have had for several cities back, waiting to turn a good profit on it.

Now I don't know this for a fact but I believe strat = simulated warfare. Yet here you guys are asking for it to be fair....Like some people have suggested swallow your pride and allign with a "king" or be crushed like a rebel.

Yes larger size = more economic power.....duh?

The larger map honestly I think would cause more harm than help.

I think the main problem is that NA has proven, strat after strat, to be very warlike.  EU, when cordoned off, has shown that it is perfectly capable of exterminating resistance, and resorting to peaceful and VERY profitable trade.  They also control the most lucrative sections of map, IMHO, and much more of it than does NA.

The way trade is set up does not make great logical sense, and is kind of busted from a balance perspective too.

Splitting EU and NA into their own strategus maps would be a way to solve this problem, EU would have more land (which may or may not take one of their mega alliances longer to conquer the entire thing) while NA would have more room for everyone's ego to expand, and this would hopefully lead to more NA wars.  That seems win-win as the largest portion of players, on both sides I think, would be appeased, without a major overhaul to the game.

This would have the added bonus of, essentially, INCREASING the amount of strat battles, as well, since  there are two maps  producing armies, etc, to be battling, as opposed to one.  This would end up being a good thing to make the entire game more fun.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2012, 06:20:54 am by RibaldRon »
signature removed: annoying

USA USA USA

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #71 on: March 19, 2012, 11:46:35 am »
Strat is simulated warfare/politics and it in my opinion it isn't ment to be fair. Either the smaller clans have to ally to a larger force or be crushed if any larger force wills it. Splitting the servers wont change that much, the largest and most productive army is STILL going to dominate most of the land. Sure its going to reduce the player pool and some smaller clans can possibly get a fief. You are still going to get crushed when the bigger army looks your way. NA clans need to drop the petty individualistic attitude if they wish to gain a foothold. Anyways just my opinion.

If cheating is involved the banhammer needs to be dropped, period.

This rings true in my ears! What chadz might do then to help solve the care bear issues is to give the faction with the most 'strat' power REWARDS and or BONUSES like perhaps Perma x2 Crpg ticks for best clan in game or Reduced crafting costs for stronger clan in game and perhaps even a minor buff for 2nd strongest. Then 2nd strongest ally in care bare clan will get sick of the one in 1st hogging all the crpg gold and then attack! Sounds simple crazy and perhaps cruel but hell if it will shut every 1 the fuck up then why not chadz my good man?
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Loki

• Count
  • Renown: 228
  • Infamy: 57
  • cRPG Player
  • I don't know karate, but I know crazy.
    • View Profile
    • The Fallen Brigade
  • Faction: The Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Loki
« Reply #72 on: March 19, 2012, 11:53:07 am »
This has been brought up time and time again.

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
« Reply #73 on: March 20, 2012, 06:05:12 am »
+1
Sorry Loki it seems Ive never heard it before. Anyways the more ideas shot out there the better chance chadz might like it and do it. And I really really like my idea! Promote competition!!!
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
« Reply #74 on: March 20, 2012, 06:23:13 am »
How about some genius designs a balanced continent instead of using the native Calradia.
Who tells us to use the old factions, they don't even exist in Strategus because all there is is us with our factions.

Unless chadz decides to put in NPCs Kings and Quests, but thats not really the point of Strategus is it. It would be Online M&B.

Only chadz and god knows if thats planned. Aside from that I demand a Startegus for myself, because Im not joining any of you mindless hobos!  8-)

HAHA