Poll

What do you think?

Good idea. Keep your avatar.
60 (33.5%)
Good idea. Change your avatar.
56 (31.3%)
I don't play Strategus, I'm just here for ToD's thread.
9 (5%)
Bad idea. Change your avatar.
38 (21.2%)
Bad idea. Keep your avatar.
16 (8.9%)

Total Members Voted: 179

Author Topic: Split the next Strategus into NA and EU.  (Read 7078 times)

Offline Lordark

• Count
  • Renown: 155
  • Infamy: 206
  • cRPG Player
  • Please respect all admins and thier decisions.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Solo
  • Game nicks: Lordark
Re: Split the next Strategus into NA and EU.
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2012, 12:55:37 pm »
I HAVE A BETTER IDEA. We can all pitch in and pay for a Strat Battle Server that will be located on a boat or an old oil rig out in the middle of the atlantic ocean. Whenever its a NA vs EU strat battle the battle will take place on that server, where we will all have decent ping, or atleast the same ping.

Wow lemmy your such a fucking genius! like ? WOW!

Fucking tired of EU care baring it up 2 hi hell lets have 2 STRATS so we dont gotta .. O wait all of NA is just gonna join Green again. NOPE!!! 22222222
Never forget the day Dragons came to Calradia
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfLxHJY0lQI&feature=related
My personal theme song, We will never surrender!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hg1xqAjQ5e4

Offline Gnjus

• King
  • Renown: 1831
  • Infamy: 397
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Siktir git, pislik okçu.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Turklings
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2012, 01:29:10 pm »
+7
So you say that only Poles and Russians are cheating? Pretty hard to understand since ppl everywhere are the same.

Polish & Russian gaming community have a notorious reputation and they keep proving it on a daily basis even in a free little mod like this.
Do you honestly think you have any sort of moral authority, Reyiz? Go genocide some more armenians and deny it ever happened, please, and stay in the middle east.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Ufthak

• Baron
  • Renown: 97
  • Infamy: 25
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2012, 03:09:45 pm »

Fucking tired of EU care baring it up 2 hi hell lets have 2 STRATS so we dont gotta .. O wait all of NA is just gonna join Green again. NOPE!!! 22222222

You still don't get it do you? Our size was a bluff, LLJK wasn't actually involved, it was just a few guys. Our fight was pretty even WHILE the Templars were still free, but after Grey started attacking them, yeah, it wasn't fair anymore.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2012, 03:28:57 pm »

Exactly.  It's common sense and basic strategy.  You should always make allies...and in theory only have one enemy at a time (and one front with that enemy).  It doesn't matter if you break up the strat map into time zones, you'll still have care bear alliances because the game mechanics of strategus do nothing to discourage it.

Hell most factions have decided castles and cities are even that important...strategus is busted.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline roymorrison

• Knight
  • Renown: 67
  • Infamy: 16
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: PRO CLAN AMBASSADOR
  • Game nicks: roymorrison
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2012, 03:39:54 pm »
+3
I support this idea.  If you split strat there would be more fiefs to go around, so smaller clans could actually own some fiefs and get more trading going, more gold and equipment spread around and we might be able to have some actual battles instead of a bunch of peasants punching each other trying to get their hands on the only sickle that someone was lucky enough to spawn with.

In this version of strat I've participated in probably 3 or 4 actually good battles, every single other battle has been absolute garbage, simply because it's impossible for anybody to support a war effort unless they own a ton of fiefs and are able to do long trade routes, otherwise they are going to need to travel into enemy territory and get jumped by massive alliance armies.
THE 99% WILL LOOK UP AND SAY "FEED ME"

AND I WILL SHIT DOWN THEIR THROATS.

Offline Gmnotutoo

• King
  • Renown: 1387
  • Infamy: 229
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Space Pope of BIRD CLAN
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Unicorns
  • Game nicks: Gmnotutoo
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2012, 11:46:24 pm »
+3
Split the EU Carebear Alliance from the rest of the community.

THIS IS A MANLY CLAN. FOR MANLY MEN. DOING MANLY THINGS.

Offline Crazyi

• Baron
  • Renown: 82
  • Infamy: 35
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Crazyi_KUTT, Crazyeye_KUTT, CrayCray
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2012, 01:43:12 am »
+2
Strat is simulated warfare/politics and it in my opinion it isn't ment to be fair. Either the smaller clans have to ally to a larger force or be crushed if any larger force wills it. Splitting the servers wont change that much, the largest and most productive army is STILL going to dominate most of the land. Sure its going to reduce the player pool and some smaller clans can possibly get a fief. You are still going to get crushed when the bigger army looks your way. NA clans need to drop the petty individualistic attitude if they wish to gain a foothold. Anyways just my opinion.

If cheating is involved the banhammer needs to be dropped, period.

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2012, 05:11:37 am »
+5
Strat is simulated warfare/politics and it in my opinion it isn't ment to be fair. Either the smaller clans have to ally to a larger force or be crushed if any larger force wills it. Splitting the servers wont change that much, the largest and most productive army is STILL going to dominate most of the land. Sure its going to reduce the player pool and some smaller clans can possibly get a fief. You are still going to get crushed when the bigger army looks your way. NA clans need to drop the petty individualistic attitude if they wish to gain a foothold. Anyways just my opinion.

If cheating is involved the banhammer needs to be dropped, period.

You might have missed the point about the economics tied to organization size, because this argument only makes sense by disregarding those facts.

Simply put, a group of 10 players can produce 10 resources. A group of 20 can produce 25 resources. A group of 40 can produce 40 resources.
Why?
Trade distance, territory control as the most basic reason.
These numbers are just random examples to show a simple model for current Strategus mechanics, obviously not real Strategus figures.

Throw in the ability of larger factions to reduce economic disruption because of immediately superior power, relatively speaking (and taking territory faster, too) and smaller groups' cost challenge of maintaining their already limited production space in fiefs.

Yea... the only mechanic in Strategus that I can think of that doesn't favor large organizations is the 49-troop rule giving small players a baseline of troops to start with without cost penalty. Of course, anyone who plays Strategus seriously knows that 49 troops won't make a big difference until, you guessed it, you've got a large organization with a lot of 49 troop pockets.

Here's an admittedly crappy example of what I mean. The ante for taking a village is 500 troops. If you have less, you're almost certain to fail at taking the village. So you need 10 players with 49 troops to gain the advantage of avoiding troop costs. A faction of 100 players, on the other hand, get 4900 "free" troops. Anteing up is super easy for this faction. So I'd make a totally arbitrary guess that you need at least 25 active players or so to gain any usable benefit from the 49 troop rule in regards to taking fiefs, which is the only way to make any serious, material benefit in Strategus.

This isn't nearly as important of a concern as the crazy broken economics and the positive feedback mechanism of unrestrained economic growth-by-size-times-distance overpowering smaller factions.

Lastly and most importantly, if we wanted a game that you win or lose based upon how many people you got to click a website every so often, for the LOVE OF GOD go play Kings of Chaos.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 05:14:31 am by Garem »
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2012, 07:20:45 am »
Lastly and most importantly, if we wanted a game that you win or lose based upon how many people you got to click a website every so often, for the LOVE OF GOD go play Kings of Chaos.

Strategus, gather referral clicks and Facebook likes to win!

Offline Tomas

• Marshall
  • Renown: 718
  • Infamy: 217
    • View Profile
    • Fallen Brigade Website
  • Faction: Fallen Brigade
  • Game nicks: Fallen_Tomas
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2012, 03:43:24 pm »
+6
How about offering the winners of Strat 3 (anybody who has more than 1 fief for every 15 members of their clan come the end) a chance to fight in an all new Strat Extra game.

Strat Extra rewards these highly successful clans with an opportunity to play in a special environment away from all the incompetent cry babies, allowing them to test the true nature of their Strat skills.

Every other looser clan will have to just play in Regular Strat 4 as punishment for being crap  :wink: :mrgreen:

Offline Cicero

• Duke
  • Renown: 515
  • Infamy: 418
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Pawn
  • scourge of god
    • View Profile
  • Faction: BashiBazouks
  • Game nicks: BashiBazouks_Cicero
  • IRC nick: Cicero
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2012, 04:45:54 pm »
You might have missed the point about the economics tied to organization size, because this argument only makes sense by disregarding those facts.

Simply put, a group of 10 players can produce 10 resources. A group of 20 can produce 25 resources. A group of 40 can produce 40 resources.
Why?
Trade distance, territory control as the most basic reason.
These numbers are just random examples to show a simple model for current Strategus mechanics, obviously not real Strategus figures.

Throw in the ability of larger factions to reduce economic disruption because of immediately superior power, relatively speaking (and taking territory faster, too) and smaller groups' cost challenge of maintaining their already limited production space in fiefs.

Yea... the only mechanic in Strategus that I can think of that doesn't favor large organizations is the 49-troop rule giving small players a baseline of troops to start with without cost penalty. Of course, anyone who plays Strategus seriously knows that 49 troops won't make a big difference until, you guessed it, you've got a large organization with a lot of 49 troop pockets.

Here's an admittedly crappy example of what I mean. The ante for taking a village is 500 troops. If you have less, you're almost certain to fail at taking the village. So you need 10 players with 49 troops to gain the advantage of avoiding troop costs. A faction of 100 players, on the other hand, get 4900 "free" troops. Anteing up is super easy for this faction. So I'd make a totally arbitrary guess that you need at least 25 active players or so to gain any usable benefit from the 49 troop rule in regards to taking fiefs, which is the only way to make any serious, material benefit in Strategus.

This isn't nearly as important of a concern as the crazy broken economics and the positive feedback mechanism of unrestrained economic growth-by-size-times-distance overpowering smaller factions.

Thats why your side is totally easiest thing to wipe out and run away to NA.
Let me just put a point for you we started strategus with 20 members now we are 107 members.Even if we were 20 members we were the biggest army that attacking byzantium.The thing is you guys suck in diplomacy , army commanding , action commanding , trade management and economy.

The game called strategus not communism to make equal all.If you are small faction gtfo or grow up.NA&EU clans are always needs to disband its bullshit.Many clans have vassals and this is the fuckin diplomacy.Even if you hate each other personally u can still make diplomacy because its faction.

Split NA - EU so both sides have larger maps but there is only 1 problem NA dont have enough people to use all of the map like EU.If we gonna have whole map only EU probably every clan gonna take a fief and it will be awesome we can see new factions by merging and also old factions wont be same.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2012, 04:48:03 pm »
+1
A wild Cicero appears!

What do you do?
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2012, 05:07:27 pm »
Oh my, isn't he just the cutest little clueless thing!

Offline Garem

• Count
  • Renown: 268
  • Infamy: 37
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • The Black Company forums
  • Faction: The Black Company
  • Game nicks: Garem_BlackCompany
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2012, 07:09:00 pm »
+6
Good Cicero is really good at echonomicks. Is good.

Please define, "Being good at trading". Because that's a really ridiculous sentence in the context of "click to move far away". Or "tell all my facebook friends to click "Give Goods" once a week". This isn't about trading, it's about idiots and imbalanced game mechanics.

You're right, Fallen is terrible at forming the monolithic organizations to maximize economic growth, and they totally suck at sitting on their hands and grinding up gear instead of stupid shit like, you know, fighting battles and stuff. They're so bad at it, they constantly pick fights and start wars. Fucking losers, imo.

Please. The UIF doesn't impress anybody.

Give us an NA land so we can escape this absurdity where if you don't form Red vs Blue you can't play. Call me crazy, but the war of Greens and Reds was actually pretty kickass until the Carebear club came in to let everyone know how impressively they've been doing fuck all and shitting on the fun parade.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 07:10:24 pm by Garem »
The Black Company's Strategus Trainer
http://forum.melee.org/faction-halls/black-company-recruiting-na/
Forums: http://nadeathsquad.freeforums.org/
Formerly of the Fallen Brigade, Homeys4Lyfe

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #44 on: March 15, 2012, 07:23:06 pm »
+1
As much as this amuses me, I kindly request all further UIF is teh devil/My clan is better then your clan arguments be had in another thread.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.