Author Topic: Dagger backstab/catch off guard idea  (Read 1049 times)

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • Renown: 27
  • Infamy: 27
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Dagger backstab/catch off guard idea
« on: March 11, 2012, 06:15:36 pm »
make daggers have secondary option which changes their speed to about 10 (YES 10), range to 0 and damage to 100 or so. maybe a new animation too ? dont know what devs can pull off.

Edit: Also the animation should only be able to begin at a 50 (cm)range to avoid ganks etc.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2012, 12:03:32 am by haxKingdom »

Offline Fartface

• Earl
  • Renown: 476
  • Infamy: 288
  • cRPG Player
  • Centurii
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Deathcore,Djentcore,Deathmetal,Brutal,Slam
  • Game nicks: Growling,Grunting,Screaming,Squeeling
  • IRC nick: Fuck I love it.
Re: Dagger backstab/catch off guard idea
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2012, 10:35:36 pm »
Go play assasin creed.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2012, 10:46:17 pm »
Go play assasin creed.
that game is fun because its speckled with instant kills.
comon, a headshot bardiche is just as much an instant kill

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2012, 04:14:34 pm »
I like the idea...a lot of the finishing blows in middle age battles came from point blank range with a dagger stabbing where armor pieces met.  The 10 speed and 0 range is perfect (well maybe change it to 5 range).
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline Teeth

• King
  • Renown: 2550
  • Infamy: 1057
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2012, 04:20:27 pm »
Does make some realistic sense, but no, too gimmicky.

Offline Froto_the_Loc

• Count
  • Renown: 252
  • Infamy: 94
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn
  • CRaPGame
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Locia
  • Game nicks: Froto_the_loc
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2012, 03:51:32 am »
Maybe just add backstab damage increase in general, but more for daggers?
Hooray for customization and hybridization!
Down with monotonous pure classes!

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 04:02:38 am »
+1
No

Game balance wise this is stupid, as it will be the ultimate gank weapon. Realism wise this is stupid as there is a reason why people were killed with poison or executioner axes, not daggers, if the element of surprise (or some other suitable undeniable advantage) was allowed.

Yes, a dagger to the heart hurts, or a long knife to the kidney. You know what also hurts against an unaware person? An axe to the spinal cord.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 04:05:38 am by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline haxKingdom

• Knight
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 05:04:59 am »
Game balance wise this is stupid, as it will be the ultimate gank weapon. Realism wise this is stupid as there is a reason why people were killed with poison or executioner axes, not daggers, if the element of surprise (or some other suitable undeniable advantage) was allowed.

Yes, a dagger to the heart hurts, or a long knife to the kidney. You know what also hurts against an unaware person? An axe to the spinal cord.

Executioner axes... for when they were already tied up? as far as axes go, their main use is breaking shields. still, no reason why a really slow animation where the enemy will kind of see you since you're 0 distance away is overpowered versus a 1 hit Ko from 150 cm? away. however i kind of see what you're saying so the dagger animation would only be able to start from a distance of 50 length to avoid ganks. But no question they are meant for surprise attacks over other weapons which are loud and require space to swing.

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 03:26:58 pm »
tears is right, 5 people rushing up on someone with daggers would be instant death for that person.  If 5 people with fists run up on you and surround you there's a decent chance you could die.  It's happened in strat battles I've been apart of, and I could totally see it happening if daggers had a 1 hit kill function.
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 03:32:07 pm »

Yes, a dagger to the heart hurts, or a long knife to the kidney.

More like kills.

I know you are american, but please, even you should know that getting stabbed in the heart will instakill.Stabbing in the Kidney also kills, but slower.

And an Axe to the spinal cord needs much more power than a stab to the heart.Daggers are easy to use.

Also, if 5 People run up to someone with a Dagger and manage to get behind him AND hit him with 10 speed without getting killed first, the Person getting ganked totally deserves it.

I dont really want Assassin dagger mode, too.But I just had to say that.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:33:34 pm by B3RS3RK »
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 04:58:31 pm »
+1
More like kills.

I know you are american, but please, even you should know that getting stabbed in the heart will instakill.Stabbing in the Kidney also kills, but slower.

I know you are European, but could you take that ancestral stick out of your lilly white ass?

If we really want to nit-pick, stabbing someone in the heart will not insta-kill them, they will still live for a very short time after that, and it will undeniably hurt. Hell, if you leave the weapon in, then it would even be possible with modern day science to actually live long enough for the hospital to fix you up. Even back in the middle ages though, being stabbed in the heart will not "insta-kill" you, and you will still be conscious and upright for an appreciable (though short) amount of time, though you will of course die shortly thereafter.

Brush up on your schooling. Were you really taught (Hey, you pulled that card so yeah I am going to jump on you for that) that "Everyone knows if your heart is punctured you instantly die like a gunshot to the head!" Amazing... Being lectured by an uppity idiot I am...

Hey, if we want to hurl insults based on nationality/origin here... *shrugs*

Either you woke up on the wrong side of the bed and were in a bad enough mood to babble, or you really are an absolute moron when it comes to basic human biology. Congratulations on getting schooled by "an american" when you are trying to sound smart (and miserably failing). Anything else you want to "correct" me on while sounding like a pompous asshole?
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 05:08:42 pm by Tears of Destiny »
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2012, 05:53:13 pm »
Yes.Technically, with Instadeath I meant that you will only live a few second after your Heart gets practically destroyed by the dagger.

And no, you won´t live long enough for a hospital to fix you up if you got a fucking dagger sticking in your heart.

You might do so if the dagger didnt hit your heart directly or just scratched it, but if your heart REALLY got PIERCED by a god damn dagger you will die in a few seconds.

Im glad though that I made you mad enough to insult me like that.Shows some real class.
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
    • View Profile
    • NADS
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2012, 06:23:15 pm »
Oh no, someone who insinuated that my nationality means I'm dumber then most is insulted that I insulted him back! Oh, the nerve!

If you want to be treated in a civil fashion by me, you must treat me in the same way and not blither on about "I know your an american but even you should know..." nonsense.

I don't see how you can expect me to be "classy" to you when you use idiotic stereotypes.

Also, no, you are still wrong.
http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Does_a_stab_to_the_heart_immediatly_kill_you

There are even public medical reports confirming this.

Edit: Let us use common sense here and think for a bit. If you have a heart attack and your heart stops, you can still live if you go to the hospital (despite the fact that your entire heart is now useless), so whether your heart stops due to a blood clot, defective components or being stabbed in the heart, the end result is the same. Your heart is no longer working, but you can still live if you go to a hospital.

The main reason why people die from hearts being stabbed is not due to turning into veggies from being oxygen starved from the heart not beating, it is due to blood loss as the primary reason. If you leave the weapon in the heart, then blood loss is greatly reduced and thus you significantly increase the window in which you can be saved (or even be conscious).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:39:53 pm by Tears of Destiny »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Strategus Councillor
  • Welp
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2012, 06:27:24 pm »
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2012, 06:35:15 pm »
:D hey man, im not insulted over that.Getting mad over something on the internet is a bit like punching a wall.The only one getting hurt by it is you.

I just thought it was funny because I´ve never seen such a post from you before ;)

Btw. was that "I know you are american" line more of a joke than anything else.Should have put a smiley at the end :D

People really need to learn to take such things with humor...If I got that mad everytime I was called a chocolate chip cookie or got a einstein Joke pulled on me I´d have gastric ulcer by now.

Oh and that link....Well It does say an injury on the right side leads to quick death, doesnt it?And it only says that you might have a chance if the weapon is not removed.I highly doubt more than some per cent of the people getting attacked and stabbed in the heart with the weapon still inside make it to the hospital to get a surgery which again only has a slight chance of success.

Which is basically repeating what I said.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 06:47:43 pm by B3RS3RK »