Author Topic: Clean & Simple Maps for cRPG  (Read 800 times)

Offline Safavid

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 7
  • cRPG Player
  • "The Sultan's own...Sipahi of The Sublime Porte"
    • View Profile
    • The Islamic Union
  • Faction: The Turks (Kapikulu)
  • Game nicks: Kapikulu_Safavid
Clean & Simple Maps for cRPG
« on: March 05, 2011, 02:17:16 pm »
Please make clean and simple maps for cRPG, the servers are highly full all the time with various textures and some of these big maps are too complicated and heavily loaded with extras that are not needed and only slow down and lag the multiplayer online.  Thanks!
"Nasrun minallahi ve fethun garib. Ve bessiril Muminin!"
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Other forum members should not be able to mute somebody by + or -.  That is the worst policy ever seen on a forum.  Look at me...muted due to biggotry for years!

Offline Tai Feng

• Noble
  • Renown: 14
  • Infamy: 2
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Clean & Simple Maps for cRPG
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 02:28:06 pm »
I'd actually like to see one server, like EU2, full of forest maps and extras-maps.
Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.

Imperial army: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4muBipy9-Q

Offline Kong Ming

• Noble
  • Renown: 17
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
  • Strength is but only one aspect of power.
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Eastern Tsardom
  • Game nicks: Barely_Legal, Anastasia, Hua_Xiong
Re: Clean & Simple Maps for cRPG
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 05:26:05 pm »
The complexity of the map doesn't affect the lag of online servers.  It can however decrease your framerate if you're using an older computer to play.  If this is the case, I recommend altering your graphics settings for the game.  M&B conveniently displays an estimated performance percentage based on the graphics options you select.  I tend to keep mine at about 150% or so.  The options I most recommend are turning off anti-aliasing and HDR lighting.  Also make tree detail low, and use fast reflections for water.  This will make a minimal impact on the appearance of the game and save your GPU a whole lot of trouble.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login