Author Topic: Browser Issues  (Read 536 times)

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • Renown: 6
  • Infamy: 1
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Mamba
Browser Issues
« on: March 10, 2012, 04:40:42 pm »
SO I am very disappointed by that last update. I had to use IE8 until now, but that doesn't work anymore. In IE8 it looks like the attachement pick now, and that goes for pages, I can't read anything properly.

Another thing is that you still miss the compatibility with Firefox. For me the dropdown menu for char selection doesnt work here.
Maybe you guys should look here more often.

Maybe its just my computer, trying various stuff, already reinstalled Firefox, deleted every single cookie and praying to god and satan alike, nothing seems to help.

WAHHH!

http://bilderhost.com/ImageHosting/12578_broken.jpg.html

Funny thing is website looks right in FIrefox, but there dropdown is broken.
I think theres a typo incorrect only which firefox is interpreting right and my IE can't.

If theres anything wrong with my PC give me a hint.

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
Re: Browser Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2012, 04:47:28 pm »
Also I just got an offer I couldnt refuse but I had to mark the text to read it! Very confusing.

I can use the website when I use the text format of the website where no graphical styles are allowed, its very stressful to use this though. Any help appreciated.

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2012, 05:09:42 pm »
The site works fine with all modern browsers. Update to IE 9 or if that is not possible re-install FF.

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2012, 05:36:40 pm »
Im on WIndows XP, and I just reinstalled IE8, no change.
Since this stylesheet works in Firefox I am pretty sure its a design flaw of unsupported css scripts which only work with the new IE9.

Why cant you guys check for compatibility first. Since the internet became big, every browser shows websites differently even when they use the validated w3c specs.

edit
Just read that IE8 had problems with some CSS specs from the start. But that the dropdown with Firefox doesn't work is more of a problem.

Gonna try Opera now -.-
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 05:42:10 pm by Mamba »

Offline Harald

• The old
  • Marshall
  • Renown: 996
  • Infamy: 22
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 05:40:57 pm »
You need a modern browser, IE8 does not support all the CSS3 this site uses. You should do yourself a favor and get rid of IE8.

Offline Mamba

• Peasant
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 05:43:10 pm »
You cant use IE9 with XP.
If Opera doesn't work I'll try the FIrefox beta. And I am surely not the only one with this problem.

Edit

The new Opera can render CSS3 but it has the same char select dropdown bug

So heres the compatibility list of the new crpg.net website I hope you draw your conclusions out of it

IE8 CSS3 unsupported, website unreadable
Firefox 10.0.0.2 Character Select doesn't work
Opera 11.6  Character Select doesn't work
Firefox 11 Character Select doesn't work
IE9 ? don't have it can't install it seems to work

Either you guys Find out what is wrong with the Character select or make the website IE8 compatible again
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-gb/library/cc351024(v=vs.85).aspx

-.-

The Gears menu isnt working in all those browsers for me either. Does noone have a clue whats wrong?
I updated my java I tried to run firefox without addons in safe mode, nothing helped.

Please I need help. The website is unusable for me right now.

update:

Looks like Javascript is not working for the website, but ONLY for crpg website, all other tests with javascript on other websites work with my browsers. I have no idea why.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2012, 08:17:25 pm by Mamba »