Author Topic: Another Way of Exploiting. Allowed?  (Read 6150 times)

Offline Fips

• King
  • Renown: 1217
  • Infamy: 290
  • cRPG Player Sir White Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Holy Roman Empire
  • Game nicks: Fips_HRE
Another Way of Exploiting. Allowed?
« on: March 09, 2012, 05:33:59 pm »
Okay, so now that exploiting the balance by just switching the team is oldschool and probably solved next patch there is a new (Well, actually it is old, too) method to keep the multiplier going: Try to join the "right" team once and if you fail join Spec (Because everyone is obviously pissing/smoking/taking a shit/taking the dog for a walk/fapping/preparing for a zombie-apocalypse) until the last second of the first round - because later there is a chance to be on the "wrong" team - and then join in although you are not really afk. So blocking a spot on the server, kinda. I put that question mark in the topic because i want to hear the opinions of some admins about this matter. I still think that this is just another way of exploiting to keep the beloved multiplier and should be punishable and honestly don't know how it could be prevented by a new patch, so it will be probably the new "thing" for any X-greedy guys out there.

Anyway, carpiediem did it exactly this way and sadly changed the team while doing so:

http://imgur.com/gd4RW

http://imgur.com/CmUJ5

So, the 2nd screenshot is kinda messed up, i know. Timer is already set to the next round, people are already switched in the chat,  but i lagged so hard i could still see the scoreboard from the last round and took a screenshot of it.  But if you take a look at the playerlist (Especially the clan-players) and the money i made you can still believe me, that this is the scoreboard of the same round.

Anyway, this thread is not mainly about the ban-request, so feel free to push it to any other section of the forums, but since it could be one i thought i still put it here. Or take it to PMs and i will close it. I just wanted to address as many admins as possible.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:54:34 pm by Fips »

Offline Gisbert_of_Thuringia

• Count
  • Renown: 169
  • Infamy: 136
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Caravan Guild
  • Game nicks: Guard_Gisbert_of_Thuringia, Guard_Bernulf_of_Thuringia, Guard_Ranulf_of_Thuringia etc...
Re: Ban (?) CarpeDiem_the_Grey
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 06:14:35 pm »
Difficult thing as one admin just said that it's ok to go spec in first round (or whatever exactly he said)

would be cool to get some new official statement about that one.

Just happened on server 2 couple of minutes ago:  round 1, 7 guys of Grey Order in spec and suddenly they are all back at the same time, namely at the end of round one....probably they all have a watch when they take a break :/

I personnally am for forbidding that stuff. They block room for other players and can continue farming their multi...

Offline Gryfita

• Noble
  • Renown: 13
  • Infamy: 6
  • cRPG Player
  • Warsaw Fans Hooligans :D:D
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Gryfita The Grey Lord of Azgad
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 07:14:01 pm »
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 07:26:44 pm »
Difficult thing as one admin just said that it's ok to go spec in first round (or whatever exactly he said)

would be cool to get some new official statement about that one.

Just happened on server 2 couple of minutes ago:  round 1, 7 guys of Grey Order in spec and suddenly they are all back at the same time, namely at the end of round one....probably they all have a watch when they take a break :/

I personnally am for forbidding that stuff. They block room for other players and can continue farming their multi...

Well, at least it won't get you banned because it's nearly impossible to prove it, i just got lucky with that screenshot. I don't think Randomdude is really fine with it, he is just telling them that he can't ban them.

see the new rules cry babys http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,27458.msg399794/boardseen.html#new
Flips multi acc ??

Randomdude didn't said anything about new rules, it is just advise for the teamswitchers. And by the way, Rules are posted here: http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html
You might want to take a look at the very first rule there.

Yeah, every alternative character is use actually got a separate cd-key -.-

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 07:38:36 pm »
+1
Common sense means you don't want to lose your multi.

Yeah, i know you would report your mother if she would teamswitch, but it's mainly because you are educated this way. We are not, that's why you don't understand "us", it's deeply rooted into our culture.

Also Flips, it's the very old way to keep your multi, and very hard to track as you join just for 1-3 seconds then join spectator again, it's especially effective if you don't do it at the start of the round, but between round start and first tick. Best way to track it would be coding something to show it on the logs.

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2012, 07:42:52 pm »
Quote from: cmpxchg8b
If your common sense is not working, here are some more specific guidelines. This is not an explicit list, common sense always overrides disputes. Do not come crying "it's not prohibited in the rules" if you invent a new creative way to be an idiot and get punished.

http://forum.c-rpg.net/index.php/topic,2606.0.html
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 07:47:09 pm »
Common sense means you don't want to lose your multi.

Yeah, i know you would report your mother if she would teamswitch, but it's mainly because you are educated this way. We are not, that's why you don't understand "us", it's deeply rooted into our culture.

Also Flips, it's the very old way to keep your multi, and very hard to track as you join just for 1-3 seconds then join spectator again, it's especially effective if you don't do it at the start of the round, but between round start and first tick. Best way to track it would be coding something to show it on the logs.

Common sense means you don't want to lose your multi. What the actual fuck? You really misunderstand common sense then.
And saying exploiting and cheating is deeply routed in your culture doesn't make you argument any better you know...

So, until this shows in the logs you guys (Well, not everyone of GO, there are many guys with actual knowledge of common sense, i guess) you just keep doing so?

Okay, it's a discussion now (Well, not that i didnt expect that, but i still gave it a try) and i don't want to get another thousand warnings for Off-topic-posts, i will change the thread-title and really appreciate if the admins switch it to the general discussion or Randomdudes thread specifically. Sry about that.

Edit: Thanks, man.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 07:51:14 pm by Fips »

Offline Lansamur

• Count
  • Renown: 232
  • Infamy: 46
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Lansamur, The_Prisoner,Beer_Storage, Carebear_Ravenei
  • IRC nick: Lansamur
Re: Another Way of Exploiting. Allowed?
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 07:51:27 pm »
+1
Moved to General Discussion for now, as I can't merge topics.

Discuss. And keep it with discussing it. No flaming, insulting, douchebagging, whatsoever.
[22:17] <@chadz> congratz cmpxchg8b, you managed to put 995 errors into the item sheet!
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> epic winning
[22:17] <@cmpxchg8b> beat that Fasader

Offline obitus

• Earl
  • Renown: 486
  • Infamy: 58
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeAOv_H-hh0&hd=1
  • Faction: kings of kd
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 07:59:37 pm »
joining spec resets multiplier to x1 though

Offline Lech

• Permanently Banned
  • Renown: 123
  • Infamy: 348
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »
Common sense means you don't want to lose your multi. What the actual fuck? You really misunderstand common sense then.
And saying exploiting and cheating is deeply routed in your culture doesn't make you argument any better you know...

So, until this shows in the logs you guys (Well, not everyone of GO, there are many guys with actual knowledge of common sense, i guess) you just keep doing so?

Yeah, that is common sense, in game where xp, gold and fun matters keeping the first two and taking a break (also fun) is smarter than losing multi then playing on x1.
Common sense means that if you don't want to spoil other people joy, go to spec if you don't want to lose your multi.
I told you that you can't get it. It was about not reporting close persons, it's kind of loyalty you don't have and will not have. It have nothing to do with cheating and exploiting - this one is personal trait and just as widespread in your culture, if not more.

Nobody is saying we are doing it, i am just saying that it's effective way to exploit and i showed how to do it and how to possibly stop it. Then you accuse most members of our clan. Mature. Not.

Okay, it's a discussion now (Well, not that i didnt expect that, but i still gave it a try) and i don't want to get another thousand warnings for Off-topic-posts, i will change the thread-title and really appreciate if the admins switch it to the general discussion or Randomdudes thread specifically. Sry about that.

Not if you just choose faction and don't click on your name (pressing tab to check scoreboards for your name to find out in what team you are).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 08:04:28 pm by Lech »

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 08:04:23 pm »

Nope.

@Lech. Wow.

Offline Rumblood

• King
  • Renown: 1199
  • Infamy: 420
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: GrannPappy
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 08:06:11 pm »
Banner balance is just going to put you back on the same team unless it is banner coordinated.
"I don't think much of a man who is not wiser today than he was yesterday" – Abraham Lincoln

visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline Torost

• Count
  • Renown: 292
  • Infamy: 109
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2012, 08:54:00 pm »
you might wonder what the motivation is? grinding virtual gold or play a great game?
Use commonsense , play and have fun.
If some players are seen as bending the rules to the limit over and over, well they should be smacked around and given a ban for some time.. problem solved.

Offline CarpeDiern

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: CarpeDiem_the_Grey
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2012, 08:55:56 pm »
Okay, so now that exploiting the balance by just switching the team is oldschool and probably solved next patch there is a new (Well, actually it is old, too) method to keep the multiplier going: Try to join the "right" team once and if you fail join Spec (Because everyone is obviously pissing/smoking/taking a shit/taking the dog for a walk/fapping/preparing for a zombie-apocalypse) until the last second of the first round - because later there is a chance to be on the "wrong" team - and then join in although you are not really afk. So blocking a spot on the server, kinda. I put that question mark in the topic because i want to hear the opinions of some admins about this matter. I still think that this is just another way of exploiting to keep the beloved multiplier and should be punishable and honestly don't know how it could be prevented by a new patch, so it will be probably the new "thing" for any X-greedy guys out there.

Anyway, carpiediem did it exactly this way and sadly changed the team while doing so:

http://imgur.com/gd4RW

http://imgur.com/CmUJ5

So, the 2nd screenshot is kinda messed up, i know. Timer is already set to the next round, people are already switched in the chat,  but i lagged so hard i could still see the scoreboard from the last round and took a screenshot of it.  But if you take a look at the playerlist (Especially the clan-players) and the money i made you can still believe me, that this is the scoreboard of the same round.

Anyway, this thread is not mainly about the ban-request, so feel free to push it to any other section of the forums, but since it could be one i thought i still put it here. Or take it to PMs and i will close it. I just wanted to address as many admins as possible.

The first screen shows 5:30, and the second 6:00. The second screeshot is the screenie of new round of this map.

EDIT: If we get to defence in 1st round, we just go spec. Then, when the round ends, the bannerbalance moves us to correct team. The screenshot doesn't show anything wrong, aganist rules I think.

« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 09:06:51 pm by CarpeDiern »

Offline Fips

• King
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2012, 09:02:40 pm »
The first screen shows 5:30, and the second 6:00. The second screeshot is the screenie of new round of this map.

Read the whole post, please and look carefully at the screenshots. Scoreboard can't be the one of the 2nd round.