Author Topic: Solution to the Strength Madness???  (Read 12379 times)

Offline Vibe

• Vibrator
  • King
  • Renown: 2528
  • Infamy: 615
  • cRPG Player Madam White Queen A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
Re: Solution to the Strength Madness???
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2012, 02:12:02 pm »
oh my god there is no way EU Australia is better than NA NA EU is the best at the game and EU Australia is just saying they're better because they're the worst at the game and want to hide the fact that they're the worst at the game if you don't believe me just look at my PK scores

there
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 02:13:35 pm by Vibe »

Offline CrazyCracka420

• Minute Valuable Contributor
  • Strategus Councillor
  • Renown: 1950
  • Infamy: 794
  • cRPG Player Sir White Pawn A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Welp
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Vaegirs
  • Game nicks: Huseby
  • IRC nick: Steam name: crazycracka420
« Reply #106 on: March 14, 2012, 03:03:34 pm »
+1
China actually has the best warband players.  It's been settled.
visitors can't see pics , please register or login
 - Stolen from Macropussy

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Renown: 1156
  • Infamy: 193
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: MrShine
« Reply #107 on: March 14, 2012, 03:11:15 pm »
It doesn't matter, there is no good way to have an even playing field for both sides.  Until the Atlantic Ocean Server gets hosted ping will always destroy any attempt at comparison.

I will say that given the greater population in EU there is likely a greater range, and with more players at the 'top' there will be more high tier competition, thus better 'elite' players... but really we're probably about the same on both sides.

(click to show/hide)

ANYWAYS

I'm actually surprised more EU builds aren't strength heavy.  With higher pop in battles and (allegedly) more ranged spam & team wound potential you would think having that extra hp and easier chance to 2 shot people strength would be ideal, while the more duel-centric builds would be preferred in NA. 

Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Malaclypse

• King
  • Renown: 1299
  • Infamy: 146
  • In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 14, 2012, 03:39:12 pm »
+1
Yeah, until we can get a massive LAN party going on where we get everyone in the same place geographically, there's no good way to qualify the "best" players of each area in comparison.

BTW EU > NA any day. You NA just jelly because you can't use the crpg calculator and make pure str builds so you don't need to calculate anything.

I take offense to that, sir, tinkering with hypothetical builds is one of the favorite things to do. Currently making an 11 Strength (enough to use Italian Sword) 27 agility character, 3 IF/WM/PS, 7 Shield, 9 Athletics. Very fun!
« Last Edit: March 14, 2012, 03:42:05 pm by Malaclypse »
You think you're pretty smart with your dago mustache and your greasy hair.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 14, 2012, 03:41:38 pm »
+1
Yeah, until we can get a massive LAN party going on where we get everyone in the same place geographically, there's no good way to qualify the "best" players of each area in comparison.

unless... project asinus IS a massive LAN party.  :shock:
Holy crap I have a youtube gaming channel! https://www.youtube.com/user/MrShine12345

Offline Tears of Destiny

• Naive
  • King
  • Renown: 1847
  • Infamy: 870
  • Quiet drifting through shallow waters. 死のび
    • View Profile
    • NADS
  • Faction: Black Company
  • IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #110 on: March 14, 2012, 05:20:07 pm »
I find it so interesting that so many players are too busy swallowing their own internet penises from the massive length to realize that if they are phenomenal players on their native server, then they will still do great even with high ping.

Sorry for interrupting the EU vs NA vs Teh Worldz arguement, carry on.
I'm not normal and I don't pretend so, my approach is pretty much a bomb crescendo.
Death is a fun way to pass the time though, several little bullets moving in staccato.
The terror of my reign will live on in infamy, singing when they die like a dead man's symphony.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 14, 2012, 05:59:08 pm »
You can manage, but I don't think you'll be able to do "great".

I go from ~40 ping to ~170 ping, and blocking chambers/fast 1Hs/good feints is pretty much impossible for me.

The worst part is your positioning is all thrown off - I go to EU duel sometimes and I always end up facehugging/circling unintentionally because my movement is responding a step behind.  I'll still generally win ~ half the duels but a highly skilled EU duelist will be able to destroy me whereas if we had similar pings I think I would at least be able to stand my ground.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1054
  • Infamy: 2638
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 14, 2012, 06:05:12 pm »
I'm actually surprised more EU builds aren't strength heavy.

I made my build agi oriented for one simple reason. I've designed my char to be archer hunter, I haven't thought about melee fights at that time. I kept adding agi until I was able to catch them archers. Them silly machine gun bows got buffed, archers started using 15 str 24 agi builds and I wasn't so good at catching them anymore.

Right now I would like to be 2H cav, STR oriented (24/18 build) but respec cost is so damn high Q_Q

Offline Dan lol

• Count
  • Renown: 294
  • Infamy: 20
  • cRPG Player
  • ROLLINROLLINROLLINROLLIN
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: If you can't handle me at my durst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my fredst.
« Reply #113 on: March 14, 2012, 06:07:37 pm »
1h's in general are gimped more than longer weapons at higher pings due to interp fuckery and whatnot shiney, it's a shame for us really

JABONRA
His mother's asshole, I tragedy

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 14, 2012, 06:13:59 pm »
I prefer to have higher athletics, but the benefits for stacking strength do outweigh the benefits for stacking agi.
If strength was so great everybody would be that. Which they aren't. 1v1 they are dead 1vsMore they are certainly dead as they will be beaten like a legless fish on land. They are basically support roles and mainly good when OTHERS are around to protect them from being overrun.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 848
  • Infamy: 2712
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 14, 2012, 08:15:08 pm »
+2
Reason why not everyone goes 36/3 is because it's so damn boring. AGI way is so much fun although worse choice than stacking STR.

On EU we have mostly balanced builds, 21/18 and 18/21. I'm 18/24 but I feel 21/21 would be slightly better.

Offline Remy

• Knight
  • Renown: 68
  • Infamy: 8
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Remy_the_Fox
  • IRC nick: Remy
« Reply #116 on: March 14, 2012, 08:44:56 pm »
+4
Boredom is the main reason I avoid any high strength build. ^^

Fox, Horse Archer, Tker of Chagan.

Offline MrShine

• Ragdoll Basher
  • King
  • Fear the stache
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 14, 2012, 11:22:41 pm »
If strength was so great everybody would be that. Which they aren't. 1v1 they are dead 1vsMore they are certainly dead as they will be beaten like a legless fish on land. They are basically support roles and mainly good when OTHERS are around to protect them from being overrun.

Well it depends how far you go, there comes a point where you can get away with a little less ATH then your opponent and do just fine.

If a 36/3 character went against a 15/24 character sure the agi guy if played right could make the str char look like a fool (although they would get obliterated if hit so honestly I would probably still give an edge to the str guy).

But a 24/15 build vs a 15/24, or something more balanced?  I would take the str guy for sure.

Even 30/9 is a pretty effective build, you can get by with 3 ath if you play smart.

Offline Lichen

• Count
  • Renown: 184
  • Infamy: 79
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 15, 2012, 01:14:31 am »
+1
Even 30/9 is a pretty effective build, you can get by with 3 ath if you play smart.
An agi build can use a blunt or pierce weapon if they play smart. Which it seems some don't want to have to do. 'oh my katana/sword can't cut down this strength guy in 3 hits!!, OP strength builds!'

Offline Konrax

• Count
  • Renown: 281
  • Infamy: 107
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Konrax of Chaos
« Reply #119 on: March 15, 2012, 05:41:12 pm »
Anything less than ps6 is worthless for almost any weapon (with the exception of military picks, but 1 weapon doesn't balance an entire class) and I have many times with my mighty iberian mace hit an unhelmeted character in the head only to watch them survive.

Mighty Iberian mace, PS6, shot to the head and survive.

I am going for a ps8 build now, and currently I have 7 and I hit an unhelmeted strength build in the head again today and it didn't kill.

I get 1 shotted all the time in the head with cut weapons even and I have a decent helmet.