Author Topic: War of the Roses  (Read 1217 times)

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 2748
  • Infamy: 2209
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
War of the Roses
« on: March 09, 2012, 12:32:21 am »
Is cool, isn't it?

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno
Re: War of the Roses
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2012, 01:01:38 am »
Im unfamiliar with this term, what is War of the Roses?
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
  • Renown: 1436
  • Infamy: 228
  • cRPG Player A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2012, 01:05:57 am »
War of the roses is when you marry two girls named Rose and give them both a blunt weapon to fight for your love.
 Why am I beswung by sharpe and pointed utensyls?

Offline Falka

• King
  • Renown: 1257
  • Infamy: 423
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Bishop A Gentleman and a Scholar
    • View Profile

Offline Cepeshi

• Earl
  • Renown: 467
  • Infamy: 200
  • cRPG Player
  • Relax, it is just a life...
    • View Profile
    • Wanna work with me? Ping for more info!
  • Faction: Deserters
  • Game nicks: Fapulena, Useless
  • IRC nick: Cepeshi
« Reply #4 on: March 09, 2012, 04:15:57 pm »
The only thing i found interesting about this is, that it was not actually war of the roses, as one of the houses adapted the rose symbol just after those struggles  :mrgreen: Trying to find source, but failing hard at it.

Offline djavo

• Marshall
  • Renown: 904
  • Infamy: 120
  • cRPG Player Sir Black Knight
  • Salut
    • View Profile
  • Faction: HDZ_wing
  • Game nicks: Djavo
  • IRC nick: Kebab_Monteno

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • Renown: 377
  • Infamy: 103
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
  • Game nicks: Saracen_Berserkaziz_Amir
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2012, 06:21:06 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tfBwL6e-lSg&feature=player_embedded#!

You know what I like best about the vidf?When the one guy is sitting on the other and finishing him, he sticks the knife twice into his head and THEN he starts the slow finishing move.

dafuq?

Isnt he dead already after he sticked his fucking face twice?
Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.
"I don´t believe in anything, I´m just here for the violence."

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2012, 06:41:18 pm »
You seem to have a very hollywood-esque conception of what it takes to kill someone. Consider yourself blessed.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #8 on: March 09, 2012, 06:54:18 pm »
You seem to have a very hollywood-esque conception of what it takes to kill someone. Consider yourself blessed.
I don't feel like watching it again (watched it a long time ago) but still, I honestly doupt you'd survive two stabs to your face by a decently-strength'd guy without any medical care for a long time (middle of battle), and then once you get help it's gonna be shitty and unsterelized and you're already totally infected by lying on the ground with a few bad wounds for a long time... get point?
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 09, 2012, 09:31:08 pm »

Let me stab you in the face two times with a dagger(Especially when you are lieing on the ground and me sitting on you).

You will be dead afterwards, I can assure you.

Except of course if the Stabbing Person is a retard and pierces his mouth or some shit.

Maybe it woud be better for me to find out where you life and kill you when you are satch a Soziopath. You have enough now.

Offline Leshma

• Kickstarter Addict
  • King
  • Renown: 1979
  • Infamy: 2842
  • cRPG Player Sir White Rook A Gentleman and a Scholar
  • VOTE 2024
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 09, 2012, 10:01:26 pm »
Some people will die from shock (heart attack), some will survive and later die in terrible pains like that Lebanese kiddo...

It's better to die fast as possible. There is no doctor in medieval age that can fix you. As someone said infection is imminent, because they didn't give a fuck about hygiene...

Offline B3RS3RK

• Earl
  • cRPG Player
  • Sexy and I know it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2012, 11:01:38 pm »
Nobody seems to think about the damage to the brain caused by the dagger stabbing through his eye into his head, causing immediate death  :lol:

Offline zagibu

• cRPG President
  • King
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2012, 12:03:08 pm »
Nobody seems to think about the damage to the brain caused by the dagger stabbing through his eye into his head, causing immediate death  :lol:
It doesn't cause immediate death. It can, but it usually doesn't. You'd have to be lucky and sever the right parts that control the basic body functions, which are hard to reach when you stab through the eye. Stabbing the neck would have a much higher chance to lead to a quick death (quick, but still not immediate).

As I said, in real life, people don't just receive fatal wounds and then lie still. It's a fucking dance of blood and screams, and it can last a while. Stabbing the brain can actually lead to a very slow death, slower than cutting the throat (which will spill a lot of blood quickly, dropping O2 support for the brain and leading to quick unconciousness and later brain death). If you stab someone through the eye, and don't twist the blade in the wound, the blood loss will be much slower, and thus, the victim will die more slowly and will even have a chance of surviving.

Offline BigSpir

• Beggar
  • Renown: 0
  • Infamy: 0
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2012, 09:52:49 pm »
henry V took an arrow to his face and they extracted the head from where it lodged at the back of his skull, he survived.

That dude in the vid has read the zombie survival guide i reckon.

Offline Zlisch_The_Butcher

• King
  • Renown: 1272
  • Infamy: 971
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Faction: Frisian Church of Mork The Goat God
  • Game nicks: Zlisch
  • IRC nick: IRC nick: Tears
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2012, 10:59:18 pm »
As I said, in real life, people don't just receive fatal wounds and then lie still. It's a fucking dance of blood and screams, and it can last a while. Stabbing the brain can actually lead to a very slow death, slower than cutting the throat (which will spill a lot of blood quickly, dropping O2 support for the brain and leading to quick unconciousness and later brain death). If you stab someone through the eye, and don't twist the blade in the wound, the blood loss will be much slower, and thus, the victim will die more slowly and will even have a chance of surviving.
I'd love a game with a realistic wound/wounding system (would also need a good attacking system like M&Bs but better)... sadly I doubt many people would enjoy killing three enemies only to die from infection a day later...
1H stab is the fastest, strongest and longest 1H animation. There's no reason NOT to use it in all instances. I don't know if it's OP, but it's boring. 1H used to be fun because you had a fast (left), long (right) and the most devastating attack (stab) and had to choose the best attack for each occasion.