More strat gold from playing cRPG

Yea
12 (80%)
Nay
1 (6.7%)
Potatoes
2 (13.3%)

Total Members Voted: 15

Author Topic: Increase the gold made from playing cRPG  (Read 513 times)

Offline Slamz

• Earl
  • Renown: 386
  • Infamy: 112
  • cRPG Player
    • View Profile
  • Faction: Norse Horde
  • Game nicks: NH_Slamz
Increase the gold made from playing cRPG
« on: March 08, 2012, 02:03:32 am »
+3
Current rules:
1x - 2x multi = no gold
3x - 4x multi = 1 gold per minute
5x multi = 2 gold per minute

So let's call it 1 gold per minute on average.

If you play for 3 hours, you'll generate 180 gold.

This is just enough gold to pay the bill for 128 troops, assuming you play for 3 hours every day and don't get stuck at x1 for too long.

It will also buy you 1 mediocre weapon, or about half of a German Greatsword.

Meanwhile, 3 hours of not logging in will get you 3 goods in Strat, which can easily be worth 180 gold with a moderate trade run.  And you can generate 24 of those every day without needing to play or log in at all, generating 1440 gold (this is a mid-range figure.  You can get a lot more if you do long distance trades, which many clans are doing).

Can we not make cRPG generated gold worth at least something useful in Strategus?

I propose:
1x - 2x = 0 gold
3x - 4x = 5 gold
5x = 10 gold

So playing for 3 hours will net you around 900 Strategus gold.

That's by no means a substitute for trading but it may help you maintain your army in an emergency and gives some meaning to the gold you make while playing.
Crush your enemies; see them driven before you; hear the lamentations of their women.
Norse Horde

Offline RibaldRon

• Baron
  • Renown: 144
  • Infamy: 13
  • cRPG Player
  • why do butts
    • View Profile
  • Faction: LLJK
  • Game nicks: LLJK_RibaldRon
Re: Increase the gold made from playing cRPG
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2012, 04:29:22 am »
I'm not sure the numbers you're providing are accurate - I will be stuck at x1/x2 for hours and still walk away with strategus gold.

BUT I do agree, I think that the tie-in benefits from playing cRPG need to be better.  Additional gold would help.  chadztext is the real problem but that's not an issue for here.  :P

*Edit: also, I don't think the multiplier bonuses need to be so insane.  I think the idea would be to try to convince people to play more cRPG not to get them even more frustrated about not having a multi...
signature removed: annoying
visitors can't see pics , please register or login

USA USA USA